Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Von Munchausen
    Ok you are all anti Protac
    I wouldnt say anyone is anti Protac...some of us are in competition with him,is that a bad thing? Is it wrong to promote your products over that of your competition? If so Tesco,Dunnes,Ford Toyota etc will be spending till the end of the world in court...

Originally posted by Von Munchausen
    if a RDF or PDf man weare any part of there uniform out side the parade times
    it is against civil and military law
    so do you really want the hassle :redface:

been there done that and know wht i am talking about
    Ah yes,that ole chestnut again...fact is there are laws and there are those who enforce such laws. If the enforcers are unaware,or do not care about the existence of such laws,they will continue to go uninforced.

Been there...done that...know what I'm talking about :tri:

I would like to extend a very warm welcome to the Protac fan club who have joined us in such great numbers recently. Feel free to post on threads where Protac is not mentioned.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Perhaps Mr. Curtis has hired these people to come this site to promote and defend his interests! Also muchausen, do you know what your name actually is?
      The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

you have a nice way of puting me in a Protac Box
        sorry if i gave that idea
        what i am some one who was both pdf and rdf
        who bought off all the army bargans etc
        i did were you were going with thew DPM was suill being that
        it was made up in the first place
        DFRS are there for all of us like it or not a soldier of the state is judged by state
        as for competition with prota good its no money out of my pocket
        sad thing is i was there and did do it and not just read the comics
        and proped up the bar on a sunday

Comment

Following some emails & phonecalls I've received I would like to make something very clear. There is no anti-Protac agenda on this board. There is no conspiracy to blacken that company's reputation for our own gain. This board is an open forum, people will express their opinions as they see fit. If members don't like something they're going to say so, IMO isn't responsible for a member's comments or opinions.

If you doubt this you should do a search for threads with the word 'Protac' in it. You'll find numerous posts speaking both for & against Protac equipment, there's no IMO consensus on the subject.

The only ones who make anything from the IMO store are myself and Boomer, and neither of us have said anything about Protac. I'm out to offer the consumer good kit at a decent price, I do not bad mouth people behind their backs.
          "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Does this mean that anyone who just wants to investigate the facts on their own and not jump to conclusions has to be in league with Protac? Or is it just those of us who like the kit?
            In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Douglas Adams

Comment

What facts are you speaking of?
              "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

The pictured jacket while similar to the Irish one is slightly wrong in composition as the pockets are smaller and misplaced. I wonder whats the quality like?. If its made by Arktis is probably superior to what is on issue. The other set posted are French.

I'm not a Protac or Curtiss fan..but he has cornered the market in production of look alike pattern kit.Its is very different if you match up the light green and the brown.

As was said to me earlier if I was that anti Protac why not set up in competition...its a bit like trying to open a book shop in a library.....location ,,,,,location ..location. As long as provides the gear that people need in the biggest military instalation the country he is on a winner.

I don't think the DF give a shit what he makes or in what pattern...it saves them having to buy such a wide field of gear...plus imagine the rent that he is being charged for his premises. In fairness anyone who is prepared to go into such a niche market has balls.

How many customers can you have ? And how many times are guys going to replace this gear during their service.?

My own inital out lay was quite steep but given that I am a reservist when am I likely to out lay that kind of money again.
                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Whether or not the man has a copyright or not on the Irish DPM. I'm not calling any person a liar I just want to find out on my own. And from that the second I mentioned this I was accused of being in league or affiliated with Protac. I'm expressing my own opinion and I should not be penalised for it.

Oh and just to comment on something mentioned earlier if you check my posts I have posted in things non protac related!
                  In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Douglas Adams

Comment

You have, but yellow oscar hadn't. It annoyed me that in his very first post he basically called an established board member a liar. It's one thing to claim someone has given incorrect info, it's another to say that someone's deliberately doing so.

Comment

Sean Curtiss does not have a copyright on Irish DPM or any other DPM. He pays to have the material made and sent to him, which other manufacturers are not. He has been providing a service to DF members for a long time, providing kit when it was badly needed and AFAIK has not sued anybody nor intends to with his army of solictors. I am not Sean Curtiss, nor an employee or representative of, but have used his kit on numerous times and have found it up to the task. And Oh Yeah, I'm in the fan club!!!!!!!!

Comment

me too!!!! his kit is shit hot and is well worth the few bob . i remember the old days when you used to have to get gear from britian and pay through the nose for it . sean curtis saw a gap in the market and filled it fair dues to him .
                        :confused: ONCE YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS , THEN YOU CAN WIN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ! :

Comment

The only FACT in this entire thread is that its a free market economy. Its up to the consumer to buy wherever they want to,its up to the seller to promote their product and provide value for money. FMolloy is an IMO member,of long standing who sells military kit. Protac are not affiliated with IMO in any way. Therefore on IMO we encourage that if you require military Kit you use the IMO store,which sells military Kit,provided for the most part by Mr FMOLLOY,a proportion of the sales going to the upkeep of this site.

Everything else is opinion. Nobody can say my opinion is wrong,by definition of the word. You can only disagree with it.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Just a small point...but who are SEYNTEX...I have a set of Dutch waterproofs with this label on them as well as my issued kit.
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

I think that seyntex are a manufacturer of military goods, somewhere on the mainland.

If this is a free economy discussion board then you can have no qualms with someone suggesting Protac as a supplier of kit.

Douglas Adams

Comment

Because it is a slightly facist board!
                                The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

Working...
                                X