No announcement yet.

New Copper Chopper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice idea, however I can't see it happening.

Why? Because the AC are trying to achieve fleet commonality and by adding the Squirrel this would leave them with 3 types of helis rather than two (i.e. EC-135 and AB139 - when A3's are gone).
    IRISH AIR CORPS - Serving the Nation.

Comment

go raibh matih agat chun failte "an max gorm". Yes this standardisation business....i suppose i understand it, with the standard aircraft only needing engineers with the standard training, basically money saved in the long term. But do the aer corp not already have personnel trained on this aircraft? Just because this idea is not "uniform" and fitting in with the "streamlined" standardisation does not mean it should be over looked. Perhaps there are still alot of factors i have over looked, so im open to argument although i think there was no need to even request that!! ha

Comment

I'd say the Dept. of Justice would have a problem with your idea Squigs, seeing as how they bought the aircraft for Garda use.
        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

damn you....i knew somone would catch me! sure ask willie o to have a word with them...the unmarked cars seem to move faster than the actual helicopters....they dont need them!!...but seriously, would there be alot of hassel in changing its role? I'm not familiar with the proceedure.......

Comment

Why would the DoJ part with expensive & useful aircraft that they bought for Garda use?
            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
              They still have not decided whether the new machine wil replace the squirrell or whether it will operate alongside it.
              this is the information on which i based my idea.....just a POSSIBLE idea

Comment

Your last post makes no sense.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

what i meant to say was that when i read your thread i picked up (maby i was wrong) that the squirrel would be replaced (possibly) meaning it would be no longer in use by GASU. Then i just thought of a little idea for it IF it was no longer in use.

Comment

If they decide to get rid of the squirrel it'll be sold off, not given away.

Comment

Is it Department of Defence property or that of the Department of Justice?
                      WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really dying for you to ring them at 4am!!

Comment

It belongs to the Gardai, it's merely operated by the Air Corp.

Comment

i wouldnt call operating the aircraft a "mere" task.....isnt it stationed, operated and maintained by the AC?....what do the guards do?...look out its windows/IR cameras(i even doubt that)??.......i hope they pay the AC handsomely for this facility...

Comment

The Garda heli has assisted in the prevention of many crimes, and assisted in the capture of many criminals since its introduction in 1997.
                            The Dept of Justice, are quite happy with its service, otherwise they wouldnt have added a second heli to the fleet. Please reserve your flippant remarks for something you know something about.
                            In the meantime, use the search function, read about things, build up your knowlege of matters relating to Police aviation in Ireland, the training of its crews,and the operation of its aircraft.

All this information is already available here.

Comment

Question for ye do you think they will ever do what they planned and eventually all districts(i.e 1 for each of the provences and Dublin & 1 Apache for Limerick?) will have a garda chopper resource or or is that overkill.
                              Jsut going on an older post.
                              Last edited by Bosco; 4 January 2006, 23:53. Reason: Cant spell
                              Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

Eventually. There was a time when only the Big towns had a patrol car, Nowdays every village station has access to one even when there are only 2 gardai stationed there. Mobility is everything, and the GS have realised you cant be everywhere at once. However the Heli does have the advantage of letting the potential criminal think you are watching him. The deterrant value of every heli is impossible to quantify. I would expect to see them being dispersed per Region, in line with the Garda command structure. Though the DMA and South would need to poach those from other regions, due to the Concentration of Population, and crime in those areas.
                                I would rule out an apache for limerick though. There are already too many cowboys there, not safe for indians.

Comment

Working...
                                X