Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were you in the NS back in the days......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were you in the NS back in the days......

Murph
    You Should Apply For Naval Priest Position

He's completely right though.

Comment

Easily knowing that you weren't of the seamens fraternity that has to clean up after all these visitors!
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

I agreed with you Murph not moggy. Theres nothing worse than somebody climbing up the gangway claiming she/he's entitled to a tour because he/she pays his taxes and shouting abuse, when you have absolutely no input whatsoever into the decision.

Comment

Ah...but I found that back in the 80's especially, an armed sentry appearing on the flagdeck usually quietened any of the rabble shouting abuse! Nothing quite like the look on their face when they glance up to see an armed sentry looking down on them!

Comment

murph
            we all did cleaning up, the moogy even helped sometimes

Comment

You should have seen the amount of beer glasses to clean up after some of the sessions in New York
              Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS
                I agreed with you Murph not moggy. Theres nothing worse than somebody climbing up the gangway claiming she/he's entitled to a tour because he/she pays his taxes and shouting abuse, when you have absolutely no input whatsoever into the decision.
                Yeah, as much as I used to give swabbies a hard time, for the Sailors, the ship is their barracks and there is no base maintenance or emergency services to call when something breaks.

As for punters climbing up the gangway demanding a tour, I can think of a very quick solution for that.
                "Hello, Good Evening and Bollocks..."

Roger Mellie

Comment

I used to get that on the cargo ship too,people would see the tricolour and automatically assume they would be entertained aboard,as if it were some floating bar.

Nothing more annoying than tourists peeping through your porthole when you are tryin to get some kip before departing on the evening tide...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by combatlogo
                    As for punters climbing up the gangway demanding a tour, I can think of a very quick solution for that.
                    I think that one of your solutions would cause more problems than it would solve.
                    Meh.

Comment

Moggy...i can only ever remember yourself and cullinane cleaning the bridge and that little space of lino outside the comcen. For a patricks day in Dublin in 1988 we were sorely dericent in glasses and the mess comitte issued an insruction that all mess members would have two return wit aleasr two galss each if we were to have sufficient glass for the evenings fetivities,,,guys brought back black plastc bags full orfwhich were promptly dumped over thside when the glasses we empty....hundereds of glasses were dumped
                      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy
                        Moggy...i can only ever remember yourself and cullinane cleaning the bridge and that little space of lino outside the comcen. For a patricks day in Dublin in 1988 we were sorely dericent in glasses and the mess comitte issued an insruction that all mess members would have two return wit aleasr two galss each if we were to have sufficient glass for the evenings fetivities,,,guys brought back black plastc bags full orfwhich were promptly dumped over thside when the glasses we empty....hundereds of glasses were dumped
                        Yes with the new cox george jefferies it was decided that mary's clean bridge and
                        outside jockey's cabin and comcen this was great, but on the other hand we did help
                        the mess man clean up after hours, especially if it had to be dumped overboard
                        Jockey was a good skipper no hassle from him
                        is he still around???
                        the Helo test flight in france was carried out by fully qualified test pilots but bringing them on the piss the night before didn't help. several pairs of a/corps pants was ruined on that
                        trip. the was near the end of the Air corps or near enough.
                        they insisted on commanding the tels cabin which you know is right beside the gyro
                        and proberally the steadist part of eithne, but this was refused by officers they were not very happy living up by the heads

Comment

Jockey is well retired at this stage.And the TELs ..or what ever they are called now still live in the same accomadation.

Comment

Have a pic of a very young Lt Jockey,still with hair...in the fantastis NSR scrapbook collection.

He is "semi retired"...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

go ahead send

Comment

Working...
                              X