Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were you in the NS back in the days......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

six rears in..lol..most guys in the NS signed on for a second term as L hands...the average age of LS in the NS back in those days was a bout 23...we even had one 19 year old NS..so I cant see that holding much water to behonest...

they never really spent long enough out to get to know us..ahd they lived with us and become part of the crew...might have been a different story
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by sba
      Hey! Sounds like ye all had a great dusty! We had "The Famine Master" on Emer , a guy who could work more miracles with food than the late great JC himself! Talk about sticking to the ration scale!! This guy would feed 10,000 on a loaf of bread and a pint of milk, then look surprised if you asked for more!! The PO Dusty on the other hand on P20 was a pure gent. Always able to work the ration scale in the crews favour, and make sure we had plenty of grub.

I know what you mean about not getting away now with what we got away with back in the 80's moggy. Back then, some patrols were quite lively when it came to getting ashore. As an SBA, I was well used to being woken in the wee small hours of a Sunday morning, when one or other of the ships company "fell" while ashore! Great times though. Wouldnt swap those memories for anything. Anyone here remember GHQ in Dun Laoire when four ships were alongside, and a small argument broke out in one of the pubs ? As far as I can remember, ourselves (Deirdre), Emer, Aisling, and I think it was Aoife, were there.
      What SBA forgot to mention was that once the pubs closed in town that night the only bar left open was on the Ferry to Hollyhead........ needless to say the return ferry got back to Dun laoire about 45 min before the Emer let go.......... just made it.

Comment

Surely "Liberty is confined to the presicnts of the port"!!!

Comment

hee hee....I rememeber having to jump after the lines had left the wall more than once...remember going to isle of man on four hours sailing notice to get some tatoo's and not being left off the ferry for being twisted.....h'mm wonder who was with us on that trip....!
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by Sluggie
            Surely "Liberty is confined to the presicnts of the port"!!!

"Surely" it is.......... some day you'll understand!

Comment

[quote=hptmurphy;123682]Go on tell us....this needs to be in the public domain....talking of flooding cabins..mine used to flood regulary....and some times from the top down. once seen a leading Sig with a very famous name dragged throught the vent in the botton of the doors by a lunatic L mech...now a chief ..and a leading seaman...on the same night I had all my clthing removed sideways...and was treated to a luxiouruous bath of hai styling foam..while in my own sleeping bag!

The OOW..now a commader..then an Lt visited the scen to equire of the goings on to be advised if he took his enquiries any further he could look forward to the same treatment.

Murph, I'm still laughing here! I was there that night - I remember it well!

I also know the three legged dancer - do you remember a certain po/ea? and the guy doing Paisley reading fire and brimstone on the afterdeck in Dun Laoghaire!

Comment

Moggy, you are correct! it was not the PO Dusty who flooded the Coxn's cabin! I won't say here who it was, but he was motivated to do it by the C/ERA at the time after a big session! The PO Writer who was wrongly accused at the time, was taken off the ship and missed the trip to the States. That was an injustice!

Laners, I just figured out who you are mate! Great times were had on that ship. Hope life is going well for you! I have a picture of you dressed up as a Pirate as part of a play which Caleb put on while the ship was on the way to the States. I remember a certain chippy was also rehearsing in the hanger that day when the QM appeared and told him the captain wanted him in his cabin to fix something! His reply was ' TELL HIM I'M BUSY'

Comment

Originally posted by Test Pilot
                  Laners, I just figured out who you are mate! Great times were had on that ship. Hope life is going well for you! I have a picture of you dressed up as a Pirate as part of a play which Caleb put on while the ship was on the way to the States. I remember a certain chippy was also rehearsing in the hanger that day when the QM appeared and told him the captain wanted him in his cabin to fix something! His reply was ' TELL HIM I'M BUSY'
                  Check this out![/QUOTE]

jesus - look at bullet head in the front - some picture
                  great stuff - where is the rest of the pictures??

Comment

'Stand By One', Moggy I have to dig them out and scan them!

Comment

Originally posted by Test Pilot View Post
                      'Stand By One', Moggy I have to dig them out and scan them!
                      Still got your hair Moggy!
                      Last edited by Test Pilot; 27 May 2007, 11:26.

Comment

jesus I could name a few of tem..see poor old Minnie Carrol rip in the comcen.
                        heres the : http://homepage.eircom.net/~pigincha...al_service.htm

no reponsibility hed for anywhat of what anybody was getting up to.
                        Last edited by hptmurphy; 12 April 2007, 23:14.

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                          heres the : http://homepage.eircom.net/~pigincha...al_service.htm

no reponsibility hed for anywhat of what anybody was getting up to.
                          negative on the hair - if you think i am bad wait till you see bullet head's brain
                          total comms failure of hair

Comment

Murph, anyone ever hear from Mugger or Cousins.... Some year we should get together, How much trouble could we get in ?
                            Moggy, Thats some picture on the Aft deck... Was John Smith a Mech?
                            Its a surpise the Eithne ever got off the Oil wharf with that crew. quite a few mavricks in there (I can say that, I was one)!

Comment

[quote=hptmurphy;158482]jesus I could name a few of tem..see poor old Minnie Carrol rip in the comcen.

quote]
                              Murpf, I had forgotten that Minnie had passed on ! He was a great bit of stuff! I can still hear his accent. As I was saying to Moggy, I can't believe that it's around 25 years ago that these pic's were taken - time flies!

Comment

[QUOTE=Test Pilot;158640]
                                Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post

quote]
                                Murpf, I had forgotten that Minnie had passed on ! He was a great bit of stuff! I can still hear his accent. As I was saying to Moggy, I can't believe that it's around 25 years ago that these pic's were taken - time flies!
                                thats smithey alright - went into computer in dublin for a while haven't seen him in years
                                he was a mech on eithne - i think the person that is submitting these is "badger "the official camera man for this trip???

Comment

Working...
                                X