Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much did the private course cost?

Who did you do it with?
    If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

Privately, it costs between 1600 and 1800 euro and can be done at the National Training Centre in Dublin

Comment

PTI course is around 16 weeks long.

Comment

Originally posted by Liachta Cultaca
          A PTL or (PT Leader) works under the supervision of a PTI or a PTS ( PT Supervisor) - all Potential NCO's do a PTL course- then some do a PTS course and then after a year the PTS's can go on the PTI Cse.

Course length for a PTL is 2 weeks.

So the PTL course should be open to the RDF.
          Thats where I was getting confused.
          Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

there is no logical reason why rdf members cannot do the PTL course- in fact there is one scheduled for the PDF pot cse very shortly, so all it takes is a little lobbying and interviewing with CO's etc, to make the case and join in the course-
            I actually think its the way we should be going and i hope it happens
            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

In this months Connect there is a PTL course advertised. Anyone interested could contact their cadre staff to see if RDF places were allocated
              I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Comment

i've been told that members of the btc are goin on this course
                :confused: ONCE YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS , THEN YOU CAN WIN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ! :

Comment

Two Instructors from E Bde Res BTC are presently on the course, which finishes today

Comment

What happened to the BTC(D)?
                    Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog
                      there is no logical reason why rdf members cannot do the PTL course- in fact there is one scheduled for the PDF pot cse very shortly, so all it takes is a little lobbying and interviewing with CO's etc, to make the case and join in the course-
                      I actually think its the way we should be going and i hope it happens
                      Two RDF NCOs were on that PTL course, and they both passed, afaik.

Comment

Completely agree that RDF should have full access to PTL/PTS/PTI courses.The PTL is a short and relatively easy course which lets you bring troops for a basic warm up,run,cool down which in my exprience anyway I never I never had in the RDF and fitness is an essential part of soldiering.

Comment

just wondering has there been any movement on a PTL course for the RDF? I know the BTC staff have done courses, but as for the rest of the RDF is there anything available? As considering that now there is a fitness requirement for POTs courses etc. It does not make much sense that they expect people to meet required levels with-out the appropriate instruction and training made available to them!

Maybe this will lead to more inventive ways to excercise troops on the sly. Extended periods of ar sodar, pro-longed advances to contact under duress...at speed when practicing section attacks, continuous practice of bear/leopard crawls
                          "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

This is the month of August!
                            "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

the month previous being july and the next is september...now that we've cleared that up, of what relevance is that to this issue?
                              "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

Originally posted by Duffman View Post
                                Maybe this will lead to more inventive ways to excercise troops on the sly. Extended periods of ar sodar, pro-longed advances to contact under duress...at speed when practicing section attacks, continuous practice of bear/leopard crawls
                                or maybe just the good old fashioned "follow me" as the NCO speeds off leaving a heap of puffing and panting soldiers straggling behind him or her.

I know if the DF ever made the mistake of giving me stripes I would use sly tactics like that to get the energy leveles up a bit
                                courage, endurance, mateship and sacrifice

Comment

Working...
                                X