Seeking Photos of Irish Piranhas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Photos of Irish Piranhas

Hi! I'm currently preparing a book for Concord Publications on the LAV/Piranha series of vehicles in international service. While I have a number of photos from other countries, I don't have many of Irish vehicles. I'm posting this message in the hope that someone has high resolution photos available that they'd be willing to have published. If you need more information about my project, or if you have any photos available, I can be contacted at my listed e-mail address.
    Hoping to hear from you!
    Gordon Arthur

The Mowag homepage has photos of all variants currently in Irish service.(APC,Command,Armoured Ambulance,armoured workshop)

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Mowag photos

Thanks for youe reply!
      Unfortunately the Mowag site photos are of a very low file size & thus of lowresolution. I'm looking for something with much better resolution.
      Cheers,
      Gordon

Comment

How high rez exactly?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Resolution?

About 1MB in JPEG format is perfect, give or take, though the higher the better!
          Cheers,
          Gordon

Comment

Help needed on Irish Piranhas!

I'm finishing off a Concord book on the LAV/Piranha series of vehicles. Unfortunately it only has a very small section on Irish vehicles :( so far as I've had difficulty getting hold of decent quality photos. If anyone can help me with pictures suitable for publication, please contact me by e-mail at gordonarthur@netvigator.com

Also a couple of questions:
            1. Is the Thales turret fitted with a 7.62mm coaxial? What version?
            2. Where have Piranhas been serving operationally? I know 6 vehicles went to Eritrea (dates?). Also to Kosovo?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
            Gordon Arthur

Comment

2. Where have Piranhas been serving operationally? I know 6 vehicles went to Eritrea (dates?). Also to Kosovo?
              they are also used in Liberia, I'll put up some photos if you want
              Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

Yes, please!

If you could, that would be great! Just let me know where you put them, as I'm still figuring out how to navigate my way round!
                Cheers,
                Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon
                  Also to Kosovo?
                  I'm not sure if any went to Kosovo.

I imagine the best way to get photos is through these guys. http://www.military.ie/pr/press_office.htm
                  Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

MOWAGs have served in Eritrea, Kosovo and Liberia.

Comment

Thanks . . .

. . . for your help!

Comment

just 2 for now

here are 2 early shots of the mowag when the came in at 1st
                        Attached Files

Comment

Class pictures
                          What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Working...
                          X