No announcement yet.

New Equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could there not be a process to submit proposals for a more apt version of the flash , potentially from members.?
    Apart from the fact it's being worn on the wrong sleeve to what was originally mooted(and made sense)whats wrong with it?It does exactly what it's supposed to do.

As for the peakers for officers, not before time.
    Totally agree.Apart from the Cultaca there should be no difference between PDF/RDF uniforms.leave the Glengarries to the Cav.

Amazing the way they could find the money to issue all the bells and whistles for easter sunday but yet there are still no personal issues of certain items of kit to the RDF (although that's being examined at present ).
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Apart from the fact it's being worn on the wrong sleeve to what was originally mooted(and made sense)whats wrong with it?It does exactly what it's supposed to do.
      Always agreed that its on the wrong sleeve, the finish and format are at odds with item already on the uniform, quality seems poor when compared with the Fianoglach or even unit and command flashes.

Everything on a dress uniform should look like it belongs there, in this case the Cultaca flash in its current format is very obviously an afterthought, poorly thought out and designed.
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post

Amazing the way they could find the money to issue all the bells and whistles for easter sunday but yet there are still no personal issues of certain items of kit to the RDF (although that's being examined at present ).
        You tease.

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
        Always agreed that its on the wrong sleeve, the finish and format are at odds with item already on the uniform, quality seems poor when compared with the Fianoglach or even unit and command flashes.

Everything on a dress uniform should look like it belongs there, in this case the Cultaca flash in its current format is very obviously an afterthought, poorly thought out and designed.
        It does look a bit dog cack alright. It's feckin huge, on the wrong shoulder, and just looks totally at odds with the rest of the uniform.
        I knew a simple soldier boy.....
        Who grinned at life in empty joy,
        Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
        And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
        With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
        He put a bullet through his brain.
        And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
        Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
        Sneak home and pray you'll never know
        The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• Do tell Apod please

Comment

• Can't lads as it under discussions at the present.When updates become freely available I will post.Patience.
            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Cheers.

Comment

• Interesting. What would be a decent supplementary issue for RDF given current taskings

Clothing :
                Ceremonial is now same-same
                Barrack jacket not really bothered but I do get furious by non-authorized RDF wearing the things when all my three stars don't have that luxury ( and it is a luxury )
                HAIX should be a little easier to get but they are not a cheap item either also what if they wear out

Protective/Ordnance
                Helmet and IPLCS and the accoutrements should be pers. issue but not unless its given with responsibility

What would a top 10 list look like then
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Helmet IPLS Complete with Day Sack and backpack
                  Hydration pack Goggles Haix Buffalo type jacket Kosovo Hat and Boonie Hat

Comment

• I'd settle for a boonie and a ubacs.

Comment

• Yep it'd have to be IPLCS personal issue, Wets & boonie, Snugpak/equivalent proper warm top and sort out the illegal pool peltors.
                      Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• IPLCS meh at this stage unless you are made accountable for it. saracen, vest, ACH and bits is a fair bit of cash per soldier , there are only a few units where pers issue makes sense over pool due to the kit going out nearly on a weekly basis . Now if people arent getting access to pool thats a different matter but I just don't see it. Boonie hats are freely available in the last few years - but where ya gonna wear it. The only case outside when being actually on an ex is recruit training before the black beret AFAICS cos otherwise you WILL wear the helmet . In the butts - fk that, you will wear the helmet; on the range, fk that wear the helmet.

UBACS ? MAYBE.... for a hardcore Combat arm course like recce, pots,std or YO where CBA is worn in the summertime . Also FOO if CBA is worn all the time . otherwise its just gucci poo you have to look after and you must be uniform with everyone else so ...no ... ( and just one of them makes no sense !!! )

Now .... more socks, thats a different matter ... where do I buy the current socks on the open market cos if you take care of them they are excellent

Daysack maybe a runner but the sabre 35 is not the best ... neither fish nor fowl

Large duffel bag like the old style.... possibly the best piece of kit ever issued still using mine !
                        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• There must be a law suit in the pipeline or narrowly missed if they're discussing giving the RDF more

Comment

• Well under Admin Instruction L3 currently a AR recruit gets a peaker and metal name badge..... but doesn't get anything to wear them with.

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                              Interesting. What would be a decent supplementary issue for RDF given current taskings

Clothing :
                              Ceremonial is now same-same
                              Barrack jacket not really bothered but I do get furious by non-authorized RDF wearing the things when all my three stars don't have that luxury ( and it is a luxury )
                              HAIX should be a little easier to get but they are not a cheap item either also what if they wear out

Protective/Ordnance
                              Helmet and IPLCS and the accoutrements should be pers. issue but not unless its given with responsibility

What would a top 10 list look like then
                              Originally posted by koppiteal View Post
                              Helmet IPLS Complete with Day Sack and backpack
                              Hydration pack Goggles Haix Buffalo type jacket Kosovo Hat and Boonie Hat
                              Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                              Yep it'd have to be IPLCS personal issue, Wets & boonie, Snugpak/equivalent proper warm top and sort out the illegal pool peltors.
                              Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                              IPLCS meh at this stage unless you are made accountable for it. saracen, vest, ACH and bits is a fair bit of cash per soldier , there are only a few units where pers issue makes sense over pool due to the kit going out nearly on a weekly basis . Now if people arent getting access to pool thats a different matter but I just don't see it. Boonie hats are freely available in the last few years - but where ya gonna wear it. The only case outside when being actually on an ex is recruit training before the black beret AFAICS cos otherwise you WILL wear the helmet . In the butts - fk that, you will wear the helmet; on the range, fk that wear the helmet.

UBACS ? MAYBE.... for a hardcore Combat arm course like recce, pots,std or YO where CBA is worn in the summertime . Also FOO if CBA is worn all the time . otherwise its just gucci poo you have to look after and you must be uniform with everyone else so ...no ... ( and just one of them makes no sense !!! )

Now .... more socks, thats a different matter ... where do I buy the current socks on the open market cos if you take care of them they are excellent

Daysack maybe a runner but the sabre 35 is not the best ... neither fish nor fowl

Large duffel bag like the old style.... possibly the best piece of kit ever issued still using mine !
                              Re: the old pattern duffel clothing bag - bulletproof piece of kit, hasn't been a decent equivalent since. I have mine since 1990 and still going strong.

Re: kit issue... makes my blood boil that reservists can't get a couple of basic items of kit, yet in the last two months I've seen civvies wandering around my call sign in issue DPM smock and trousers. Only yesterday saw a guy wearing a DPM barracks jacket. So much for the kit bar coding. I've yet to be issued DPM kit where the bar code was pinged with a reader.

Re: Pool Peltor issue - SHWW Act 2005 is black and white on this one. PPE is personal issue. People in command positions need to get their respective fingers out.

Re: warm top - absolutely - since the demise of the green Norgie and the wooly jumper, troops have no warm layer to wear under the smock. I got fed up of asking and went out and bought a British Soldier 2000 OG fleece jacket for this reason. Warm as f*** on a cold night and looked reasonably close to the then DF issue green fleece jacket. ST £20 from the Flecktarn website. That was a few years ago now though.
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• TD, Peltors have been individual issue to RDF since around 2009

Comment

Working...
                                X