No announcement yet.

New Equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I notice from some of the 2016 celebration footage of the DF, several images of RDF officers wearing Peaked caps as opposed to Glengarrys.

Has the Glengarry been replaced as the head gear of the reserve officer?
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• On issue now in some places, these seems to be some accountancy issue weather the first is free or at the officers own expense
      Squad look this way, i will give a full and complete demonstration on how to post.
      Type 1-2-3-4 fact check and POST

Cryos

Comment

• Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
        I notice from some of the 2016 celebration footage of the DF, several images of RDF officers wearing Peaked caps as opposed to Glengarrys.

Has the Glengarry been replaced as the head gear of the reserve officer?
        It was more of a case that the orders for the easter parade stated that certain headdress would be worn

Comment

• I've only noticed recently that Other ranks seem to be wearing a green and white band on their peak caps.
          (inversely coloured to that of an army cadet)
          Has this always been there and I'm only now taking notice, or is this a reletively recent addition?
          Is it worn by all O/R or does it signify something specific?
          Scheduled fun will commence at 1900Hrs.
          Punishment beatings will continue until moral improves.

Comment

• Originally posted by AC182 View Post
            I've only noticed recently that Other ranks seem to be wearing a green and white band on their peak caps.
            (inversely coloured to that of an army cadet)
            Has this always been there and I'm only now taking notice, or is this a reletively recent addition?
            Is it worn by all O/R or does it signify something specific?
            Think it was first worn last year, IMHO it looks cat because the band is under it and you can see where it is cut and badly jointed at the back

Comment

• It was ordered to be worn for Easter Parade. As I understand it it is not for normal wear. May be wrong on that.

The officer pattern peaker for Easter was issued to me and to other RDF officers from my formation who were in it ( except , of course, the RDF Cav officers, who did not - spot the subtle humour - ya had to be there )
              Last edited by trellheim; 11 April 2016, 11:39.
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                Think it was first worn last year, IMHO it looks cat because the band is under it and you can see where it is cut and badly jointed at the back
                Its been worn at the merrion square ceremony for the last few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by northie View Post
                  It was more of a case that the orders for the easter parade stated that certain headdress would be worn
                  Would seem that the order overlooked the fact that the Head dress in question was not approved for RDF people
                  Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Would seem that the order overlooked the fact that the Head dress in question was not approved for RDF people
                    Given that the person who gave the order is the person who decides who wears what how do you come up with that conclusion?

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
                      Given that the person who gave the order is the person who decides who wears what how do you come up with that conclusion?
                      As I keep saying L3 is the bible...
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• We all know DFRs, Admin Instrs, orders that differ

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                          As I keep saying L3 is the bible...
                          And as I posted recently L3 has been amended to account for such issues.

As for the cap bands they are a good idea implemented poorly.The chinstrap of the cap need to be removed in order for the band,which at present isn't personal issue,to be fitted 100% correctly.Cue broken chinstraps.Also it appears they only purchased one size.Hence the bands being "loose" on smaller caps.The opposite holds true with larger caps.The velcro closure at the back is visible.
                          Solution: Make them personal issue sized as per the cap and get the tailor to fit them.Or just purchase the caps with the band pre-fitted.IMHO they do make the cap stand out and improves the look of the uniform.
                          Last edited by apod; 11 April 2016, 21:02.
                          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Not everybody partaking in 1916 related events had the head dress in question. There were locations outside the pale where RDF officers were seen to be wearing their generic head dress.

Thats the thing about the concept of uniforms, if one is wearing something, everyone else should be wearing the same.

Comment

Not everybody partaking in 1916 related events had the head dress in question. There were locations outside the pale where RDF officers were seen to be wearing their generic head dress.

Thats the thing about the concept of uniforms, if one is wearing something, everyone else should be wearing the same.
                              AFAIK, those involved in the Dublin parade (possibly the Cork one too?) were prioritised for the headwear
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• AFAIK, those involved in the Dublin parade (possibly the Cork one too?) were prioritised for the headwear
                                As I understand it, this was the case.
                                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Working...
                                X