X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MORTAR DAN
    will you be able to get hoop bivi bags.
    I know that SASS in the UK do the hooped tents, dunno if this is what
    you're talking about or not... Maybe FMolloy will get 'em in the store, they'd
    be a sight better than pitching a tent using a poncho, anyway...
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Had the idea of wearing kneepads on tactics. Haven't gotten the chance to try it out yet, has anybody tried it?
      To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

• I use them for FIBUA but I don't see the point when you are in a field. They'd probably come off when you're crawling.
        "I have never accepted what many people have kindly said, namely that I inspired the Nation. It was the nation and the race dwelling around the globe that had the lion heart. I had the luck to be called upon to give the roar"
        - Sir Winston Churchill, Speech Nov. 1954.

Comment

• Not Great Straps Keep Slipping On The Sholders. If Your Looking For A Good Pack See The Ex-soliders Shop In Newbridge +he Gives A Good Discount To Soldiers

So Say It The Boss

Comment

• Originally posted by MORTAR DAN
            Not Great Straps Keep Slipping On The Sholders. If Your Looking For A Good Pack See The Ex-soliders Shop In Newbridge +he Gives A Good Discount To Soldiers

So Say It The Boss

What's not great?
            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

• As for hooped bivvi's, good ones ain't cheap, you're looking at around €150.
              "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

• Hooped bivi - try a cheap 1 man tent, you can fit all your kit it in, but I prefer the basha/poncho and light small civvy green sleeping bag with bivi bag.

As for knee pads, i know of people who have sewn "Snickers" knee pads from builders work trousers into their combat trousers.

Comment

• i had to live in a one man tent for a good while on patrols and after a while its not comfortable, mozie dome and basha are perfect for dry weather and simply use a bivie bag for wet
                  larium is a fun pill

Comment

• the shop in newbridge is called All Seasons.

www.actiongear.com very good american site, with the exchange rate being so good at the moment it would be worth taking a look.
                    Death before Dishonour.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV
                      As for knee pads, i know of people who have sewn "Snickers" knee pads from builders work trousers into their combat trousers.
                      Aye, they are right and cheap too.

Comment

• my bearjaws multi tool, great piece of kit, have it 4 years now, heavier than the leatherman and tools can be easily removed if they need to be replaced due to wear

Comment

• "As for knee pads, i know of people who have sewn "Snickers" knee pads from builders work trousers into their combat trousers."

Buy a cheap kip mat cut it up and stick it in.

Comment

• I might be able to sell on some kit if people are interested.The following is a list of items provisionally up for grabs:

1 x Protac OD 55litre Patrol bag, v.good condition

1 x Protac Irish pattern shoot & scoot/patrol pack, little use €45

1 x pair of Britton Assault boots, size 11w worn twice €30 ono

1 x Set of British gore-tex wet gear, size medium, very good condition (no pockets on smock)

Gear on sale simply because I have bought in new kit,making this stuff redundant.
                            Last edited by Homer; 4 January 2005, 03:43. Reason: update gear
                            Arriving at a gun fight with a knife is a basic failure in planning.

Comment

• Waterproof Breathable Balaclava

Does anyone know where I could buy a Waterproof Breathable Balaclava?

Comment

• Try a motorcycle shop, ask for the Gore Windstopper range.

Comment

Working...
                                X