Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sgt Ben Halligan RIP

Today Sgt Ben Halligan died

Ben was a Sgt in the 2 Cav and mad about cavalry and bikes- the 2 Cav web site was set up by Ben, Ben's oter appointment was chief instructor in the BTC Computer training centre

To a hell of a lot of people in the Eastern Brigade, Ben was the person who taught them how to use a computer, Me included, his lessons were fun and so was he, I never once saw him loose his temper or even raise his voice, Ben was one of those rare breed of NCO's that acheived his will by force of personality,

Ben had time for everyone and everyting, he and Joe Scan would help out anyone with computer problems, half the time you couldnt beleive him, he was involved in that many wind ups, but he always would help

Ben would come in the dining hall and tell the corniest jokes imaginable, he never sat still and had an amazing zest for life, he seeed to have an interest in everybody,
    I can genuinely say he was respected and liked by all from Pte's to General's.

CAthal Brugha barracks is going to be a duller place without him, I extend my sympathies to his family and to his freinds, his outside the CTC tea buddies, Dano, Joe K and his 2 I/C Joe Scan,

A Lot of people on here will have never heard of Ben, but spare a thought and think of something funny, and that was Ben

God Bless Ben
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Rest in Peace.

Comment

may his soul rest in peace...a good soldier and a better cavalry NCO..the world will be a poore place without Ben.....
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Though I didn't know the man, his website was one of the first I discovered, which gave great photos and information on 2 Cav, the bikes,the cars and the Cav in general(as long as you were not some long lost relative of the Halligan clan wishing to trace your roots) at a time when the official site did not.
        A sad loss indeed of one of the pioneers of those of us who maintain military websites in this country.
        Our thoughts are with his Family,Friends, and unit at this time. R.I.P

Brendan Halligan 1948-2005

Last edited by FMolloy; 17 May 2007, 00:38.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Likewise I did not know him personally, but his site was one of the main inspirations to me to try and create my own.

Condolences to his family and friends, RIP!

IAS

Comment

Dear God, we give you Ben. Try to have a fuel pump open for the Goldwing at all times.
            God bless.

Comment

Rip

Comment

This is a Shock, Ben was a Funny Sort, He encouraged me to start my site and was personally responsible for publicising it in the PDF. He also encouraged many others to get the DF on the web aswell as teaching them the Basics to do it. A big loss to the Forces,

RIP Ben.
                Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

RIP,, I know troopers in the 2nd Cav,, A major loss. heaven is graced with your presence..
                  Cheers Bernard......

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
                    Though I didn't know the man, his website was one of the first I discovered,
                    Like wise for me. Sounds like a great teacher and friend and sadly missed by all who knew him. RIP
                    Theirs not to make reply,
                    Theirs not to reason why,
                    Theirs but to do and die:
                    Into the valley of Death
                    Rode the six hundred.

The Charge of the Light Brigade

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
                      Though I didn't know the man, his website was one of the first I discovered, which gave great photos and information on 2 Cav, the bikes,the cars and the Cav in general(as long as you were not some long lost relative of the Halligan clan wishing to trace your roots) at a time when the official site did not.
                      A sad loss indeed of one of the pioneers of those of us who maintain military websites in this country.
                      Our thoughts are with his Family,Friends, and unit at this time. R.I.P

Brendan Halligan 1948-2005

http://homepage.eircom.net/~benhalligan/index.htm
                      Likewise my thoughts exactly. Very sad news.

Sincerest condolences to Ben's family.

Comment

Working...
                      X