No announcement yet.

Irish Steel Mill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I realise that Cobh train station will be just across the channel, but isn't this a rather odd place for a development like this?

A port related use sure enough, but offices and a hotel?
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

They are merely potential options for the site. I like the maritime museum one myself.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

How about a BAP range - according to An Cosantoir a while back the NS want one.

Comment

That would work better in the old slagheap. There are already a few thousand tonnes of lead there...

Comment

I am wondering where they think they'll fit a 225 berth marina.

Comment

All along the west wall?

Comment

Easier said than done. The floor of the basin is Paved. Pile driving the necessary supports for marina pontoons would be excessively costly.
                Better that they put it south of the basin, by the Bridge.

Or not at all.

Comment

The picture quality is not the best as I took it with my mobile but it'll give you an idea of how much has been done recently.

Comment

I cannot see demand for another marina given the scale of proposed expansion.
                    1. East ferry
                    2. Cobh
                    3. Currabinny

All have plans for marinas or expansion. While it would be an "appalling vista" I think it the least likely to proceed. Do CCC still want to put a waste water treatment plant there anymore?
                    No Beast so fell that knows no pity,
                    No Beast am I, For I know no pity...

Comment

There is already a huge sewerage threament facility upriver in Little island.

Comment

I was down Deep Water Quay last night and pretty much all thats left of the steel is its skeleton...that and the super-fun-happy slide on top.

Comment

As for the Marina, it would just give the navy heads something else to whack their boats off!
                          Once more unto the breach, dear friends

Comment

Originally posted by Saracen
                            As for the Marina, it would just give the navy heads something else to whack their boats off!
                            They are SHIPS for Gods sake !!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Don't start the Navy heads off
                            "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                            Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                            Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

there is no room in the basin for ships and yachts - or maybe the minister knows that ????? it would be fun seeing the mrv turning in the basin with a marina on the west wall.....
                              the tides around the island would surely be too strong to build a marina anywhere else without a big break water.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy
                                I was down Deep Water Quay last night and pretty much all thats left of the steel is its skeleton...that and the super-fun-happy slide on top.
                                I spoke too soon..half of it is gone..even the super-fun-happy slide.
                                i'll take pictures later.

Comment

Working...
                                X