This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by danno View Post
    At least there will be no petrol cans hanging off the fantail.I would have thought that air search radar needed for full over horizon use of UAVs,otherwise they will add little to existing capability.

"Air defence option"

"Current naval UAVs..... medium size VTOL tactical UAVs"

Comment

• At 90m in lenght they are longer than LE Eithne,by 10 metres or there abouts making the longest vessel ever in service.
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
        Don't think that Photo is of the New OPV.
        I was wrong. That's her. Since that photo was taken the hull has been painted, and the main armament installed. She looks great at the moment.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
          I was wrong. That's her. Since that photo was taken the hull has been painted, and the main armament installed. She looks great at the moment.
          you tease

Comment

• Originally posted by pym View Post
            you tease

Note the date in corner.
            I'll add the rest over the weekend.

Comment

• Looks brilliant! - cheers Goldie

Launching this month?

(for some reason I had it in my head that the OTO Melara would be added in Haulbowline)

Comment

• Float out on Sunday I believe, P62 Keel laid on Monday(You can see bits of it in the photo above pre-assembly).

Comment

• More photos, this time from the End of September.

Comment

• Originally posted by pym View Post
                    Looks brilliant! - cheers Goldie

Launching this month?

(for some reason I had it in my head that the OTO Melara would be added in Haulbowline)
                    That's what happened with the P50's armament IIRC.

Was this weapon sourced second hand or new build Goldie? (I ask because of lack of stealth housing)

Comment

• brilliant

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                      More photos, this time from the End of September.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jetjock View Post
                        That's what happened with the P50's armament IIRC.

Was this weapon sourced second hand or new build Goldie? (I ask because of lack of stealth housing)
                        New. As reported earlier, at a cost of 9m between both ships. I think also the secondary may be relocated, if I see what I think I see.
                        The "stealth housing" is a bit of a misnomer. It's fibreglass. It still has a barrel protruding from the front. True Stealth turrets are flush with the deck when not in use, expect to see them on the DDG1000 Zumwalt types.

Latest Photos (2 weeks ago).

Comment

• out of curiosity, why don't ships like this have wavebreaker bows?

Comment

• What do you mean by wavebreaker exactly?

Comment

• Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
                              out of curiosity, why don't ships like this have wavebreaker bows?
                              Like Niamh?

LE Niamh encounters rough seas on her voyage to South America

Comment

• I assumed he meant these things;
                                Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X