No announcement yet.

Time to replace Steyr?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do you not or can you not get a housing and ejector so that the casings are ejected to the left rather than the right. which could be given to left handed people, such as myself i'm sure they're others to be used under such circumstances
    What is you major malfunction numbnuts!
    Didn't mommy and daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?!

The last words of Sgt. Hartman

Full Metal Jacket

Comment

Originally posted by mutter nutter
      Looks like an M-16 with a "picadilly" rail(Yes I know thats not what they are really called) and Diopter sights.

Originally posted by Infantry Sandbag
      do you not or can you not get a housing and ejector so that the casings are ejected to the left rather than the right. which could be given to left handed people, such as myself i'm sure they're others to be used under such circumstances
      You can get this in the Steyr,but the Irish defence forces decided not to go with this option after much intensive testing by real soldiers. The logic being that a left handed firer could adapt.
      Sticking your body around a corner to let off a few shots,whether it be a left or right handed corner,is not very good for ones life expectancy.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
        Looks like an M-16 with a "picadilly" rail(Yes I know thats not what they are really called) and Diopter sights.

partly yes it is, but they've improved on it, enough so that it's being run in the re-opened XM-8 competition I believe, but I'd agree with what was said before if a new rifle was being chosen the G-36 range would be the best choice
        Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

Originally posted by FMolloy
          The bullpup design must still be considered viable by manufacturers, given the number of designs out there..............Singapore's SAR-21
          Sar21

Looks like a cross between a steyr and an sa80.
          Last edited by mugs; 26 June 2005, 22:54.
          Theirs not to make reply,
          Theirs not to reason why,
          Theirs but to do and die:
          Into the valley of Death
          Rode the six hundred.

The Charge of the Light Brigade

Comment

The steyr is one of most accurate rifles in the game!! DEFO keep it!! lovely rifle to shoot!!

Comment

Keep it....but have more left hand kits available........
              "Join the army....see the world....meet interesting people....then kill them!"
              "Join the navy....see the world....meet interesting people....get rotten crotch!"

Comment

I think the Steyr is fine for now. There are no significant benefits that other weapons have.

I wouldn't go for the G36 range. Experience has shown them to have problems with accuracy in high temperature countries and after firing off 100+ rounds due to the material the barrell is made from. They've changed back to the "old" G3 type barrell in the 416.

HK developed the 416 because SF units were complaining about accuracy and reliability problems with the G36 range in Afghanistan and Iraq, and also that the G36 would not easily adapt to equipment add ons. I wonder will they extend the benefits of the 416 to a new range of rifles as well?

Comment

Working...
                X