No announcement yet.

webbing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The yoke, belt and respirator pouch are PLCE, the rest isn't.
    "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Originally posted by FMolloy View Post
      The yoke, belt and respirator pouch are PLCE, the rest isn't.
      never claimed it was.
      Blog

WHAT FLIES DIES

Comment

Originally posted by ackack View Post
        never claimed it was.
        Did I say you did? I was just pointing out a fact, given that other posters have been unsure about what's on sale down there.
        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Fair enough, i must have picked you up wrong.sorry
          Blog

WHAT FLIES DIES

Comment

The ammo Pouches look like Protac, which is not surprising as:

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
            They don't sell webtex in midleton. He only sells surplus PLCE or Protac stuff.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

they're not the protac ones, they're double ammo pouches, but they don't have the insert to seperate the two mags, whereas the protac ones do, in my mind, for fifty bucks you can't go wrong with it even if it does fall apart after a few months, it's better than spending a small fortune on webtex and having it fall apart in a few months.
              Blog

WHAT FLIES DIES

Comment

Originally posted by sparky View Post
                Webtex ,poor grade plce ,protec ,green dunnes stores bags he called it shit stuff and i would tend to believe him he doesnt tend to comment on things he doesn,t know about and i seen his own kit from the brits and this stuff crap in comparison
                I got the Midleton stuff (The shop is called is called Eureka) a few years ago. Since then I have bought a few bits and pieces and webbing sets for friends. The Stuff is NOT Webtex. It is ex-Brit army stuff. Some of it is in very poor condition.

They seem to have got a new lot in recently. There isn't much but if you look around you can get a fairly good set together.

Comment

Originally posted by ackack View Post
                  they're not the protac ones, they're double ammo pouches, but they don't have the insert to seperate the two mags, whereas the protac ones do, in my mind, for fifty bucks you can't go wrong with it even if it does fall apart after a few months, it's better than spending a small fortune on webtex and having it fall apart in a few months.
                  Any labels on said pouches?That might help clear this up??
                  "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

nope, not a sausage, so it's definitely not webtex.
                    Blog

WHAT FLIES DIES

Comment

btw who ever laid the flooring in the photo should be shot.....

having laid out a few quid a few years back on brits DPM webbing and added a few//three oversize pouches from webtex..used the rig on the ground a lot...well happy...and all for under 100e..

have an Artkis chestrig as well...great bit of kit..

the only way to know is go out and work with the issue be it plce or 58 pattern and learn and then build on what you need believe it or not items of 58 pattern are still better than there alleged successors....the water bottle and carrier has still to be improved on..the left hand pouch with built in bayonet frog....

Combat and survival mag ran a seris of articles on 58 pattern a few months ago... very informative..
                      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

new gear?

I believe the pdf have or are about to adopt a new webbing system(actually anyone have any pictures?), i heard a rumour that the rdf would be getting the old plce gear to replace our 58's, any truth to this?
                        These engines are the fastest in any tanks in the European Theater of Operations, forwards or backwards. You see, man, we like to feel we can get out of trouble, quicker than we got into it.

Comment

Yes we are getting a new system called IPLCS(integrated protection and load carrying system).No pics available yet.
                          Rdf will recieve the old plce to replace the 58 ptn.
                          For more info on iplcs see the link on the "new equipment "thread.

[MOD: Insert link]
                          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Any idea of a time frame as to when ye wil get issued it or(more importantly) when the plce will filter down to us?

Also, whats the little do-hickey on the body group of that steyr,never seen that before?
                            These engines are the fastest in any tanks in the European Theater of Operations, forwards or backwards. You see, man, we like to feel we can get out of trouble, quicker than we got into it.

Comment

Originally posted by garv View Post
                              Also, whats the little do-hickey on the body group of that steyr,never seen that before?
                              Remote Push To Talk button for the Marconi PRR.

Comment

Originally posted by garv View Post
                                Any idea of a time frame as to when ye wil get issued it or(more importantly) when the plce will filter down to us?

Within the next two years.
                                Answered allready in new equipment thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X