No announcement yet.

Found on E-Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The notional life is to do with getting new kit on fair wear and tear and how much you are charged if you lose it
    If it has exceeded its life span its acknowledged that it no longer serves the purpose it was issued for and thus you are issued a replacement.

FWT is a different concept where replacement can be issued before the notional life expires due to prolonged use or extenuating circumstances.

The older piece of equipment fails to exist once its has been replaced. The record of issue is continous but its not a one for one swap.You don't need to turn up with the old one to get a knew one all though in the case of FWT it maybe required to prove that the kit is no longer fit for purpose.

On a kit inspection you wouldn't be expected to pull out a combat jacket from 1985 just because it was issued to you and has been replaced or outmoded every 3 years since.
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by Seanachie View Post
      If it has exceeded its life span its acknowledged that it no longer serves the purpose it was issued for and thus you are issued a replacement.

FWT is a different concept where replacement can be issued before the notional life expires due to prolonged use or extenuating circumstances.

The older piece of equipment fails to exist once its has been replaced. The record of issue is continous but its not a one for one swap.You don't need to turn up with the old one to get a knew one all though in the case of FWT it maybe required to prove that the kit is no longer fit for purpose.
      The notional life comes into effect for FWT purposes only (as a bit of a larger example, NS vessels have a notional life of 30 years and yet are still in service, I've also seen a lot of pre-58 pattern webbing and mag pouches for the Gustav in stores in the last few years) - they are still accounted for somewhere.

In the clothing stores in CBB and the DFTC, kit is only replaced under FWT if you return the orginal item.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
        In the clothing stores in CBB and the DFTC, kit is only replaced under FWT if you return the orginal item.
        Yes, that's fair enough - to get a replacement under FWT, you have to produce the defective
        item you are looking to replace

Stores will take back the old one to ensure that it is disposed of correctly...
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• I've also seen a lot of pre-58 pattern webbing and mag pouches for the Gustav in stores in the last few years) - they are still accounted for somewhere
          Only because someone still has them on account and hasn't bothered their arse to write them off.

as a bit of a larger example, NS vessels have a notional life of 30 years and yet are still in service

Chalk and Cheese.....an exercise in justify looking for a budget for new vessels.

I can't remember the actual admin document but you will find every bit of kit has a notional life and you are issued with it again after that time whether you need it or not.

God be with the days of the white towels...that and the issue hairy under wear were the only things you got on time.
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by Seanachie View Post
            Only because someone still has them on account and hasn't bothered their arse to write them off.

Chalk and Cheese.....an exercise in justify looking for a budget for new vessels.

I can't remember the actual admin document but you will find every bit of kit has a notional life and you are issued with it again after that time whether you need it or not.

God be with the days of the white towels...that and the issue hairy under wear were the only things you got on time.
            White Greenhills towels, with vests, white skivvies, wooly long johns and wooly vest now there's a blast from the past!

Connaught Stranger

Comment

• White Greenhills towels
              Mother still has some at home I think

Remember the swiming trunks, can never see a pair of them come up on ebay...mine were orange and yellow stripped and you were ****ed if you lost the string!

Up to a number of years ago that was the case, but not any more
              Well it has been a few years since I've had to draw kit.... these days I just go shopping and pick my own work wear.
              Last edited by hptmurphy; 4 August 2011, 13:33.

Comment

• UNMIL issue hydration pack here

UNMIL 91 BN plaque here

Bag of DPM clothing here

All from the same Kildare based seller, who's selling 06-RN-748 here, now you wouldn't need the elite of the Military Federales to find this chap!
                Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• That Artkis rehydration pack is not the one, now on general issue, which was previously used in Liberia and Chad. And it's the wrong camo

But no doubt he will be recieving a wiz bang from the MP's for the bag of clothing
                  CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

• http://cgi.ebay.ie/Army-issue-combat...item336b5a8038

Seen as theres plentyof talk about IFAK this might be of use too anyone headin to the Leb

Comment

• Originally posted by mercurydoc View Post
                      http://cgi.ebay.ie/Army-issue-combat...item336b5a8038

Seen as theres plentyof talk about IFAK this might be of use too anyone headin to the Leb
                      They are on issue so no need to buy your own.

Comment

• Originally posted by spaceghetti View Post
                        Looks like Protac camo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
                          Looks like Protac camo.
                          That's what i meant

Its all the same to me. The only real difference is the shade of the lighter color in the pattern.

In issue Irish DPM that lighter color is a sort of really light greeny grey....ish. (Not including the new shirts which is slightly different again compared to older versions).

As opposed to the sort of tan color in the protac version.

Comment

• I paid €100 for mine 5 years ago...
                            Time to put it on ebay...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• doesnt have the quick release clips.

protac shop has a shed load of these chest rigs for about 60 squids

i got mine for free from a mate (havent had a chance to use it yet) who upgraded to one
                              (a non issue chest rig) picked up by a PDF mate from the 2nd while he was overseas.
                              "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                              "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Working...
                              X