No announcement yet.

Foreign Naval Visits 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forget the humble pie the airshow was commendable to your self and Gibby..I knew him when i was an AFSIO in Waterford.Now if you could just mkae galway arport a bit bigger and they all might land and we could get some proper photos.

RIP to the birdie that caused thge RAF Jaguar to spend a few days in shannon. thanks Brendan....bring your camera to work next time.
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

The french Naval Vessel "Commandant L'Herminier" Is due in Cork this Thursday(Bastille Day). She will be open to the Public on Saturday and Sunday from 2pm to 5pm.

In service since 1986,Based in Brest,it is the newest of the A69 d'Estienne d'Orves class,many of whom have been retired from french service. They are a very regular visitor to Cork. So much so that i am tired of them....
      Show us something new...
      The type is (hopefully) being replaced by the FREMM(Fregate Multi-Mission) Multipurpose Frigate,due to enter service in 2008,while the larger frigates will be replaced by the Horizon type.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

The French research ship D'Entrecasteaux arrived in cork this morning and Headed for the City Quays. I'm not sure how long its in for,but it is a frequent visitor,particularly at long weekends...

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy
          How in the name of jaysus could you operate an L/60 aboard ships without power mountings....its a mark 5 mounting so that might be the answer.

Sorry laners...I was only quoting Janes and they have it classed as an MCM vessel.
          They crossed the atlantic earlier this year as part ofa UK deployment ...So the support vessel maybe still in the UKas I'm sure that there wwere more than two involved in the deployment,
          Warship International Fleet Revue did a feature on it earlier on this year.
          Just to confirm the weapon is in fact an L60,with all vessels of the type being fitted with retired land based weapons as a cost saving measure. They are crewed by reservists, with only 2 techies on board being part of the Full time Canook Navy.

Comment

The Danish Thetis class Frigate HVIDBJ0RNEN is currently in Cork(surrounded by Swarms of Mackerel and Pollock).
            An interesting ship for many reasons already discussed here numerous times.

Comment

thats a lovely looking ship

Comment

More photos.
                Attached Files

Comment

Excellent photos!

IAS

Comment

The Brazilian training ship "Brasil" is currently on the quays in Cork city. I understand she was in Dublin recently also?
                    On the other side of the river,the Danish Sail Training vessel "Danmark" can be found.

Not a lot of imagination went into the naming of either vessel then...

Comment

• Belgium Minehunter Bellis at Sir John Rogersons Quay Dublin 6/11/05.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Belgium Minehunter Bellis at Sir John Rogersons Quay Dublin 6/11/05.
                        YABBA DABBA DOO!

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."

Marcus Aurelius Roman Emperor (161 to 180 A.D.)

Comment

• Curious, if one of the "sister" ships has a Wilma cartoon?

Comment

• WHile Trolling Indymedia earlier I notice that RSF are protesting at the presence of 2 British Warships in Cork...Therefore... :wink:

2 Royal Naval Vessels are currently on a courtesy visit to Cork. HMS Tyne and HMS Severn are in Cork until Monday. Sadly due to the activities of SF/IRA and their clones, these vessels are not open to the public.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X