No announcement yet.

Cultaca Insignia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So one of your reasons for liking the commonality is that the DF could choose to recycle our clothing should the axe fall?
    As a reservist, I wouldnt be happy with second hand kit, neither should you be. . . you DID say recycle , i assume you probably meant to absorb those set aside for RDF pers back into the PDF.
    as far as the cultaca insignia goes, ill wear what im told to... but i'd still prefer the olive green beret and think this was a stupid idea from some oxygen thief with nothing better to think of.
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Originally posted by Infy View Post
      I'm hearing they even have to go on t shirts as well. I reckon is need about 20 or so. I've no issue with it, but is it not a bit like wearing a start of David in 1940's Germany? Should have kept the green beret.
      They should really go on the battlevests and flackers too. Just to be sure.

Comment

• Doesn't mention t-shirts
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post

1/ I for one like to know whom I am dealing with.For example if two Cpls are standing on front of me,one PDF and one RDF, their is a hell of a difference in the length and breadth of their training and experience
          Maybe in the Infantry. Other Corps...?

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post

1/ I for one like to know whom I am dealing with.For example if two Cpls are standing on front of me,one PDF and one RDF, their is a hell of a difference in the length and breadth of their training and experience and thus I would tailor my expectations accordingly.The tab will help differentiate them.
            as would different colour berets

2/ Having a common beret colour makes sense in terms of economies of scale and ability to recycle them should the axe fall on the RDF down the road.Having a common colour aids uniformity on battalion parades.The tab will only be visible up close.
            It's only economies of scale if you have to replace them every year etc

No uniformity on the joint army, AC and NS GoH

Now.As the engineers say."Build a bridge and get over it!".
            Would other taxpayers and the PAC see it that way?

Don't get me wrong apod. I prefer to have a differentiation (be it beret or tab).
            Last edited by DeV; 24 September 2015, 23:01.

Comment

• If the army is going down the uniformity route, will they be getting rid of the Cav hats too? They're nothing but vehicle mounted soldiers after all

**duck and cover**

Comment

• Originally posted by TangoSierra View Post
                If the army is going down the uniformity route, will they be getting rid of the Cav hats too? They're nothing but vehicle mounted soldiers after all

**duck and cover**
                That's an insult to soldiers........
                To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

• I'm curious why it's been decided to wear it on the right.
                  The NSR have worn it on the left above the branch insignia since it replaced the an slua muiri flash which was worn on both shoulders.
                  Presumably the new flash will be worn by NSR on DPM, but will it follow the new army, or existing NSR placement standard.

Anyone have any insight?
                  Scheduled fun will commence at 1900Hrs.
                  Punishment beatings will continue until moral improves.

Comment

• One of the challenges for any organization is ensuring that these identities, and loyalties, are managed in a way which is beneficial to the overall organization and that they don’t encourage a “silo” mentality limiting operational effectiveness. The DF has historically been very good at addressing this challenge, supporting a wide range of diverse elements within its overall structure with elements of the uniform (badges, caps, lanyard, etc) a visible reference within an overall corporate identity. The RDF is no different, but a new challenge has arisen. In recent years this identity was focused on the green beret, a very visible “badge” of membership. Now that this has been replaced by the black beret, which emphasises the SFC, a unique shoulder flash identifier will be introduced to show RDF membership but which will not undermine the SFC.

A sense of identity and a link to our past is a critical component of esprit de corps and the introduction of this badge later this year will allow the revamped RDF to function within the SFC without losing its cherished and valued sense of identity and comradeship.
                    Like i said, an oxygen thief.... very touchy feely... in an A7 kind of way.
                    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• I find it ridiculous. Anyone who needs to know who I am, knows who I am. Under a helmet or skip cap. Do I run an RDF fitness test any more ? I find it incredible that as soon as the COS goes this comes in on fking rails. But I am not surprised. I find it risible in the extreme though that this is supposed to contribute to Single Force Concept.

D Trg (PDF ) sets training standards. There are no Army RDF Unit Commanders. Army PDF Unit Commanders only now who are responsible for all their people. Is it going to get written on their 451s and on the Cadre 667s that standards sucks balls after 2.5 years so badly we need a spesh badge ?

This in a week where the army has abolished separate service number sequences for women ( all off the same sequence now ) because its discriminatory

Does no-one see the problem here ?

Last edited by trellheim; 25 September 2015, 01:42.
                      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Didn't no the army numbers are now to be the same. Hope the fitness test now can become the same!!! Doubt it though ..
                        Or the level of photography the DF displays will equal out ...

Comment

• "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."

Comment

• "Badges?, we don't need no stinking badges"

Comment

• QUOTE=TangoSierra;433011]"Badges?, we don't need no stinking badges"[/QUOTE]

OH yes u do!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                                I find it ridiculous. Anyone who needs to know who I am, knows who I am. Under a helmet or skip cap. Do I run an RDF fitness test any more ? I find it incredible that as soon as the COS goes this comes in on fking rails. But I am not surprised. I find it risible in the extreme though that this is supposed to contribute to Single Force Concept.

D Trg (PDF ) sets training standards. There are no Army RDF Unit Commanders. Army PDF Unit Commanders only now who are responsible for all their people. Is it going to get written on their 451s and on the Cadre 667s that standards sucks balls after 2.5 years so badly we need a spesh badge ?

This in a week where the army has abolished separate service number sequences for women ( all off the same sequence now ) because its discriminatory

Does no-one see the problem here ?

After taking the hump over this i decided feck it after seeing how things are at the moment its not a bad idea, i will be the one that you will see past 2:30pm and you might actually get something done if you ask me.

Afterall the Reservist is not apart of the "Sure thats not my job, i dont get paid for that".

Perhaps the Star of david would be a better symbol for the reserve, If you work hard you will get places; I cant seem to put my finger on this class system and worth methodology; It sounds vaguely familure.
                                Squad look this way, i will give a full and complete demonstration on how to post.
                                Type 1-2-3-4 fact check and POST

Cryos

Comment

Working...
                                X