No announcement yet.

Cultaca Insignia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nobody really cares if somebody is a reserve as long as they perform to the standard asked
    me bollix they don't care. They damn well do care. If they didn't care the PDF wouldn't be telling the RDF to wear a badge because I am fed up hearing from the PDF how busy they are. The idea for Cultaca tabs came from a very lazy set of meetings after a long lunch.

As for volunteerism EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF THE DF WEARS AN IRISH VOLUNTEERS ON OUR SD1 BUTTONS . PDF are volunteers too just in a different way.
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• morpheus, my comment was not directed at you. Personally, I've become one of the non effectives and have not paraded in a long time as I've genuinely lost interest and faith in those above me to do their jobs. I'm currently sitting between requesting a discharge and giving it one last shot. I mentioned team sport in my comment, and bar the tac and weapons training, I think I would be a lot better off doing one, and would encounter a lot fewer egos and BS.

The RDF has been a great experience, I've made friends, some of whom post here and learned a lot of skills some of which I can apply to daily life. However, all good things must come to an end. Just a matter of known when to call that end so you don't resent everything.
      What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Maybe the patch should have a sub-heading?

Cultaca - Twice the Citizen, Half the Soldier

Comment

• There is a very simple and practical reason for the flash, and it has been posted already. According to the defence act, a reservist cannot give orders to a member of the PDF. Avoids embarrassment.

Comment

• Originally posted by expat01 View Post
            There is a very simple and practical reason for the flash, and it has been posted already. According to the defence act, a reservist cannot give orders to a member of the PDF. Avoids embarrassment.
            Since when?
            For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• And of course, the final reason for the disdain reservists are treated with has little to do with being part time. It is down to something they have no control over. They will never be allowed to put their lives on the line.

Comment

There is a very simple and practical reason for the flash, and it has been posted already. According to the defence act, a reservist cannot give orders to a member of the PDF. Avoids embarrassment.
                Incorrect...
                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

So for example on occasion when I have PDF staff in and they ask me what I need done by them, I tell them, they do it, we are both in the wrong?

Or for example when I'm asked to run a range practice due to a shortage of people, as according to the manual I'm a range manager, and I do it and sign what needs to be signed, its also wrong? Bearing in mind I've just given orders to fire on targets to a firing line solely made up of PDF troops.

I'm not and never will be trained to the same level as a PDF member of the same rank. But I firmly believe it's all in how you conduct yourself, coupled with the ability to do a job, not The job in total, a job on a given day owing to circumstances.

I retract my star of David post. The more I think of it the patch is a good idea, it's a piece of cloth at the end of the day. A lot of those complaining need to get rid of their inferiority complex. Of course the RDF is inferior and always will be. Nothing is going to change that. Get over it, get stuck in, do your best, cover your arse and remember if you don't like it you can leave and let the rest of us get on with the tasks at hand.

Comment

Have heard this before , but having been guard commander in a couple of locations to PDF guards, never had a problem, but then again , sometimes having problems is down to individuals.

yeah came across a few , trying it on, but once credentials and experience was established we normally got on fine.

Had a situation years ago where a PDF guy actually assaulted a RDF guy to try prove a point, but once his own Corporal kicked the shite out of him ( having served with me in the past) it got sorted.

Down to people skills, live and let live.
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• To be clear, I was a reservist and I am proud of my service. Indeed, I credit my FCA, as it was, training with keeping me alive in a firefight. Granted the other guys had even less training than I. I have been a guard commander, and over PDF. But I left in '03. If I'm reading the quote from the 2007 Act correctly,. RDF legally have no rank over PDF. If RDF are allowed to perform duties that realistically put them in the line of fire... Beyond the 1970s...I stand happily corrected. The refusal to use reserves on operations, or overseas, coupled with the 2007 Act I saw quoted earlier, turns the reserve into a cadet force.
                      Last edited by expat01; 4 October 2015, 02:06.

Comment

WHAT?

Seriously, WTF? A member of the army reserve, regardless of rank, has no authority over a member of the PDF of a lower rank when both are on duty?
                        'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                        'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                        Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                        He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                        http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

• When I was in the PDF I got an order from a reservist who would outrank me every now and again. I treated it exactly the same as an order I received from any of my PDF superiors.

I'd weasel out of it and hang someone else for it.
                          To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

• As I understand it, RDF can't issue an order to PDF unless said PDF are placed under their direct control (eg PDF guard, RDF guard commander).

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                              As I understand it, RDF can't issue an order to PDF unless said PDF are placed under their direct control (eg PDF guard, RDF guard commander).
                              Correct - have highlighted the relevant part here....
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Cultaca Badges

Comment

Working...
                                X