X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Laners View Post
    Yes , like mood altering drugs etc .
    And Don 10.
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
      I agree - BUT - we are a million times better than where we were ( red epaulettes on SD1 ...
      Yup remember those days too.... 😕
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• To the best of my knowledge the Cultaca flash is worn on the left to standardise with the NSR who have worn it there since 2005 when it replaced the slua muiri flas worn on both shoulders. Fine in theory.

Problem arose because the left shoulder was fine on nsr uniforms where nothing impeded its correct mounting. Occationally the ireland flash needed to be lowered slightly. NSR were not issued DPM until last year (depending on your unit/luck) and were not given subdued flashes for same. So when the AR were suddenly made put them on dpm.... Ooooops.... (to be fair not the biggest mistake ever)

What id be interested to see is if the reg was changed to the right shoulder, who would be satisfied and who would still cry foul.

My personnal opinion is im pro the distinguishing mark. I see it as no different then a unit insignia. Im proud to be recognised as a reserve and i let me skills as a soldier/deckhand say the rest.

If my work is of a lower standard, you wont need the flash to point it out. And if you cant tell the difference then what does it matter.
        Scheduled fun will commence at 1900Hrs.
        Punishment beatings will continue until moral improves.

Comment

• Originally posted by AC182 View Post
          To the best of my knowledge the Cultaca flash is worn on the left to standardise with the NSR who have worn it there since 2005 when it replaced the slua muiri flas worn on both shoulders. Fine in theory.

Problem arose because the left shoulder was fine on nsr uniforms where nothing impeded its correct mounting. Occationally the ireland flash needed to be lowered slightly. NSR were not issued DPM until last year (depending on your unit/luck) and were not given subdued flashes for same. So when the AR were suddenly made put them on dpm.... Ooooops.... (to be fair not the biggest mistake ever)

What id be interested to see is if the reg was changed to the right shoulder, who would be satisfied and who would still cry foul.

My personnal opinion is im pro the distinguishing mark. I see it as no different then a unit insignia. Im proud to be recognised as a reserve and i let me skills as a soldier/deckhand say the rest.

If my work is of a lower standard, you wont need the flash to point it out. And if you cant tell the difference then what does it matter.
          So they fecked up around 1800-2000 people with a unworkable instruction to save 200 people having to move them!?

There is a fairly good chance that there was at least 1 person who regularly wears DPMs there when they decided on the left shoulder.

I'm pro a distinguishing feature too, we had one and there was nothing wrong with it. No problem whatsoever wearing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
            So they fecked up around 1800-2000 people with a unworkable instruction to save 200 people having to move them!?

There is a fairly good chance that there was at least 1 person who regularly wears DPMs there when they decided on the left shoulder.

I'm pro a distinguishing feature too, we had one and there was nothing wrong with it. No problem whatsoever wearing it.
            Totally agree. I'm not suggesting that the approach is right, just how (I think) it evolved.
            I think we've reached the point where no one is willing to raised their hand and say "My Bad, lets alter the regs and be done with it".

All that aside, I know how some of you feel about losing your beret. Re-shaping a new beret is always a pain in the a**.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post

Also It probably saved about 50 - 60 people moving existing flashes. The days of 200 strength are long long gone I'm afraid...

Comment

• I think we've reached the point where no one is willing to raised their hand and say "My Bad, lets alter the regs and be done with it".
                It *was* looked at and the answer came back "no change" . I am not arguing with that guy in that job , I had an argument with him a long time ago and came off the worse ... Bravo20 knows of who I speak. I'd queue up most of the DF in a line before I'd do that again.
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Make the bad man go away, please make the bad man go away.

Comment

• exactly my point
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by AC182 View Post
                      All that aside, I know how some of you feel about losing your beret. Re-shaping a new beret is always a pain in the a**.
                      My new beret shaped very nicely, thanks...
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                      X