Cultaca Insignia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
    The NSR flash is only worn on the parade ground. At sea, they look the same as everyone else, and they have not lost a ship yet.
    incorrect.

NSR wear the flas on No1 AND working dress and alwats have.
    infact i insist on it in my unit. anyone who considers the flash a badge of dishonour does not deserve a place in the reserve in my opinion and im publically quoted as such.

the flash says alot more positive things than negative not the least of which are that i have a whole set of skills that the navy can readily get and i do what i do in the df for no reason other than because i like it. its not just a job.
    Scheduled fun will commence at 1900Hrs.
    Punishment beatings will continue until moral improves.

Comment

• Originally posted by AC182 View Post
      incorrect.

NSR wear the flas on No1 AND working dress and alwats have.
      infact i insist on it in my unit. anyone who considers the flash a badge of dishonour does not deserve a place in the reserve in my opinion and im publically quoted as such.

the flash says alot more positive things than negative not the least of which are that i have a whole set of skills that the navy can readily get and i do what i do in the df for no reason other than because i like it. its not just a job.
      Apologies. having re-read that it sounds far more antagonistic than was intended.
      No distespect intended to any pdf for making a career in the df.
      my point is simply that the reserve ethos and values etc are mearly different to the pdf. no better or worse.
      i like that there is a distinction between the two.
      whether thats achieved via the green beret or the flash in the AR i cant comment on as im NSR.
      having said that i understand the opposition to the change as many members probabky identify with the beret.
      i always felt that the nsr lot something when the slua muiri flashes were gone.
      im all for moving forward and being progressive but dont bury your history with it.
      you wonder how well itvwould be recieved if the 3rd inf were to change their insignia.
      Scheduled fun will commence at 1900Hrs.
      Punishment beatings will continue until moral improves.

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
        Are we competent to carry out corps standard taskings e.g Inf Sec comdr ? PDF D Trg syllabus says we are, its not an RDF Col's name on the first page. Is the PDF training longer ? Sure it is and you do more stuff.

Brit Reservists do about the same levels yet fight on the front lines.
        I'm not certain that being declared competent to carry out a role as per the training syllabus necessarily equates to being able to complete the exact same role to the same standard as a PDF counterpart. A PFD Officer's training is 15 months long before he/she even completes corps training. It is this long for a reason. A good deal more would and should be expected of a PDF officer/NCO/Private on operations. The RDF equivalent soldier are judged on a lower level of competency based upon the fact that they haven't received the same amount of training time as mentioned above. Being able to complete such roles as section commander competently is merit worthy and a great achievement considering the far far fewer hours utilised.

Comparing the British Army Reserve as an example may also be slightly misleading. Reserve soldiers are deployed to supplement units on an individual level in front line combat units. In recent years, the largest sub formation that a reserve infantry unit has been deployed at, has been at platoon level and this was only in the Division/Brigade guard platoon role. Reserve infantry UNITS certainly had not been trading fire with the Taliban. Furthermore, any reserve soldiers deployed would have been mobilised months before the operation for pre-deployment training which would have heavily supplemented what they would have learned in training with their units.

Comment

• It has been made clear to me by both PDF and RDF senior officers and NCOs that there is one standard that everyone is measured against

Comment

• So judging by the conversation here, if someone has a degree and goes for a job interview on the strength of that qualification, there needs to be some indication on their person whether their course was full or part time?

Comment

• Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
              So judging by the conversation here, if someone has a degree and goes for a job interview on the strength of that qualification, there needs to be some indication on their person whether their course was full or part time?
              I understand the point you're getting at, but do you think that's a fair comparison? I have both a full-time (1 year) and part-time (2 years) post-grad, the part-time course would have involved a lot more out-of-classroom work that wouldn't be easily replicated to the military. Your point would certainly be more applicable to CSS units, but even then, can you work with a SINGCARS or applications available to you when on the CIS Corps' time when you're not in a barracks?
              Last edited by FoxtrotRK; 28 September 2015, 17:01.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                It has been made clear to me by both PDF and RDF senior officers and NCOs that there is one standard that everyone is measured against
                A PDF PNCO on their PNCO Cse has to pass over twenty assessments during their course.

How many does an RDF PNCO have to pass?

I'm gonna take a guess and say it's not over twenty... Which would indicate that they are measured against somewhat different standards.

Comment

• Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
                  So judging by the conversation here, if someone has a degree and goes for a job interview on the strength of that qualification, there needs to be some indication on their person whether their course was full or part time?
                  Whilst I understand your point, unfortunately that example is not practical in this situation. A 2 week RDF NCO's Cse gets a set of Cpl's Stripes. The significantly longer PDF NCO's Cse also gets a set of stripes. The difference, being the time spent on the cse, needs recognition. To apply the same logic to your job interview example the employer when looking at both candidates would be remiss to judge the experience of someone with a 2 year degree and a 4 year degree as being the exact same. If you held a degree that took 4 years full time study to complete and someone who spent 2 years part time without completing the same amount of lectures or time spent in study, how might you feel regarding the claims of an identical standard when applying for the same job? Would you agree with that persons degree should have some indication that his course was not as in depth or as long, or would you happily take it that the two of you are identical?

This flash simply marks someone as a reservist. Its not a star of david or the statement that the person is inferior. He simply has not had the same amount of time or experience as someone in the same rank. That is not an insult its simply a fact. As AC182 has stated above, wear it with pride.
                  Last edited by Duffman; 28 September 2015, 17:54.
                  "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

• I'm not certain that being declared competent to carry out a role as per the training syllabus necessarily equates to being able to complete the exact same role to the same standard as a PDF counterpart.
                    Well actually it does. D Trg and the colleges are steadfast in there being a single standard. If its not a decent standard then 451s and 667s of senior PDF officers and NCOs need a good look at. As I said I accept the point that PDF do more stuff. however, Everyone does a 154, ( to take JUST ONE example ) to the same standard. I refuse to accept this wear it with pride BS. I don't need that warm feeling. I see this as discriminatory and a pure coping method by the PDF to justify separation rather than mutual respect which is somewhere in our Dignity charter
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• The same argument seems to always come up, you can have shitbags in either side of the organisation but you can have great people also; There is fella's out there that are "Qualified" on paper to use many types of equipment and when you put them infront of it well low and behold it all falls to crap. Just because someone has done a longer course does not mean its nessasarally better. I qualified as a certain trade in the Corps over the period of 3 years what takes my permanent colleague a few months to do but im happy at that, its the nature of the beast.

Come assessments and that, the lads giving out that the Bagger did a "Cut down" course yet is the same person holding his own among the day in day out professionals who looked like a bunch of hens in a farmyard.

There are some places where the reserve shines above our permanent colleagues, ive highlighted the roles before; And there is other places that the Permanent fella's are better at naturally. But there is a third place where "Technical Military Skills" comes in and what is experienced is that actually the skills gap between reserve and permanent is minimal.

A portion of us now should of had our Cyber Security Slideshow by now which will only prove the point that stupid is as stupid does.

The Cultacta badge is here now because a particular group of people wanted a snob factor.
                      Squad look this way, i will give a full and complete demonstration on how to post.
                      Type 1-2-3-4 fact check and POST

Cryos

Comment

• Originally posted by Auldsod View Post
                        ....Comparing the British Army Reserve as an example may also be slightly misleading. Reserve soldiers are deployed to supplement units on an individual level in front line combat units. In recent years, the largest sub formation that a reserve infantry unit has been deployed at, has been at platoon level and this was only in the Division/Brigade guard platoon roleReserve infantry UNITS certainly had not been trading fire with the Taliban. Furthermore, any reserve soldiers deployed would have been mobilised months before the operation for pre-deployment training which would have heavily supplemented what they would have learned in training with their units.
                        Well, I can tell you for a fact that your statement above (in bold) is incorrect, and I had it from the horse's mouth, so to speak. An entire TA (now Army Reserve) was deployed operationally to Kosovo, to allow their full time counterparts to deploy to somewhere warmer and with a lot more sand...
                        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                          Well actually it does. D Trg and the colleges are steadfast in there being a single standard. If its not a decent standard then 451s and 667s of senior PDF officers and NCOs need a good look at. As I said I accept the point that PDF do more stuff. however, Everyone does a 154, ( to take JUST ONE example ) to the same standard. I refuse to accept this wear it with pride BS. I don't need that warm feeling. I see this as discriminatory and a pure coping method by the PDF to justify separation rather than mutual respect which is somewhere in our Dignity charter
                          I stand by my points relating to the comparison between reserve and permanent service (both honourable pursuits) but I do agree with you that the new insignia isn't been implemented to show pride in the reserve but merely as a sop to the PDF so as to disuade their own insecurities about reserve members wearing the same uniform etc. I believe they should have either went for full integration with no new insignia or took the nuclear option and disbanded the reserve altogether.

Comment

• Lads its a badge who cares... As for levels of military training they will never be equal if the reserve are not doing the same amount of time. . Come back in a year or two , to this thread and this argument will still be happening.

Comment

• Your last statement, in all probability, is true...
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                                Your last statement, in all probability, is true...
                                True, but facebook is also down right now (maybe it will be gone in 2 years ?) so i cant look at SwiftandSure's Kit Mong List on FB
                                Squad look this way, i will give a full and complete demonstration on how to post.
                                Type 1-2-3-4 fact check and POST

Cryos

Comment

Working...
                                X