Hand Grenades.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand Grenades.

Hey folks. My first thread and post, big hello to every-one.

Had a look using the search function but didn't find the answer to this, sorry if I missed it.
    I was wondering what hand grenades the DF use and how many are the DF troops issued with grenades on operations if at all?

Cheers.
    courage, endurance, mateship and sacrifice

Originally posted by womble
    Hey folks. My first thread and post, big hello to every-one.

Had a look using the search function but didn't find the answer to this, sorry if I missed it.
    I was wondering what hand grenades the DF use and how many are the DF troops issued with grenades on operations if at all?

Cheers.
    Welcome to the Board Womble.

First of all, the Handgrenades used by the DF are Smoke, Thunderflash, Stun (Believe it or not, we do have them) and High Explosive.

Can't remember the specific names of the others off hand but the HE Grenade is called the NR423 (I assume that that is the most important to you). I have also seen it referred to as the M72. I assume that it is a difference between the name the manufacturers use and the army uses.

As for its employment in the DF and any other specifics, that is RESTRICTED info. Not for discussion outside the army.

What I can tell you (from internet resources) is that it is belgian and a pic can be found on this page (8th item down)

Comment

Sorry, it only crossed my mind after I had posted that, that kind of info might be resticted. I was just wondering if they were commonly issued, it was a silly question to ask in retrospect.
      Thanks for the link, I would also appreciate any-more info that can be provided by Docman or others.

Comment

Hey Goldie. Suppose it is a bit odd alright.
        But I don't think a domesticated fish usually kept as a pet is very militaristic either. Unless I've missed something about their ferocious reputation.

Comment

[QUOTE=womble]Sorry, it only crossed my mind after I had posted that, that kind of info might be resticted. [QUOTE]

Not really - apparently, the Irish drill manual is restricted.
          "Hello, Good Evening and Bollocks..."

Roger Mellie

Comment

We have Stuns?!?Ya learn something new everday!!!Has anybody actually seen one, or are they just for the ARW?!?
            What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Combatlogo.

Sorry if I am prying into operationally sensitive information. I was wondering if it was standard practice to equip DF members with grenades on deployment, especially for PSO's.

MOD: that is operational information

Obviously I'm sticking my nose in where it had no place to be and that such info is not for me to know. I didn't mean to enquire into the drill manual and when I posted this request last night I hadn't considered I would be doing so.

Apologies.
              Last edited by DeV; 5 February 2006, 17:00.

Comment

No need to apologise. You couldn't have known what was restricted and what wasn't. Just we can only tell you so much.
                Ya wow, We have stuns? class.
                Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
                Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
                do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

Originally posted by Docman
                  First of all, the Handgrenades used by the DF are Smoke, Thunderflash, Stun (Believe it or not, we do have them) and High Explosive.

Can't remember the specific names of the others off hand but the HE Grenade is called the NR423 (I assume that that is the most important to you). I have also seen it referred to as the M72. I assume that it is a difference between the name the manufacturers use and the army uses.
                  ]
                  You mean theyre not WW1 potatoe mashers?????????????

Comment

The stun stun grenades in use by the DF are not restricted to the ARW. I have used them. but I must say it has been a while.
                    Press Corp-"Say General the Folks back home would sure like to know where you got that pearl handled revolver?
                    Patton-" P-P- Pearl? ITS IVORY-only a cheap New Orleans Pimp would use a PEARL handled revolver

Comment

Sorry if I am prying into operationally sensitive information. I was wondering if it was standard practice to equip DF members with grenades on deployment, especially for PSO's.
                      The DF may/may not bring HE and/or smoke grenades on overseas deployment. Don't know for sure.

Would make sense.
                      Last edited by DeV; 1 February 2006, 18:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmon Rabb
                        Insert fuse...in a screwing motion...twist pin...remove and throw....how restricted can that be!
                        well it must be restricted or you have never handled one, you never insert fuse with a screwing motion, in general grenades are screwed onto the fuse (not the other way around), maybe you were trying to be smart but it sure does not look like it from here
                        Last edited by DeV; 5 February 2006, 17:02.

Comment

It would indeed make sense.
                          Also, can any-one tell me if the DF use's white phospherous grenade's?

Comment

Originally posted by jpb
                            well it must be restricted or you have never handled one, you never insert fuse with a screwing motion, RESTRICTED INFORMATION, maybe you were trying to be smart but it sure does not look like it from here dickhead.
                            So its not just a matter of pulling the pin and a striker hitting a cap.
                            Learn something new every day.
                            Last edited by DeV; 5 February 2006, 17:04.

Comment

It would indeed make sense.
                              Also, can any-one tell me if the DF use's white phospherous grenade's?
                              Now you are scaring me. Given the shite that the crusties went on about when it was revealed that the US was using WP may make people question your motives for asking such a question.

The DF do not (to my knowledge) have WP Hand Grenades.

However the smoke grenades fired by DF vehicle smoke dischargers may be WP. Not sure. Crusties claimed they were but don't know enough about them to confirm or deny.

Comment

Working...
                              X