Agusta Westland AB139 for Irish Air Corps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agusta Westland AB139 for Irish Air Corps

I know this is a stupid question, but that hasn't stopped me before...does there not seem to be an awful lot of windows in the AB139?

Should there not be more armour plating stuff? (I think that's the technical term)
    www.twitter.com/mickthehack

mock up of military version
    Attached Files
    Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

now that I look at it more, maybe the 139 is a good choice
      Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Comment

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I`ve was hoping that we`d get the AB139. It is far superior to the Blackhawk in every manner.
        Education isn't everything, for a start it isn't an elephant

Comment

Originally posted by Dublinmick
          I know this is a stupid question, but that hasn't stopped me before...does there not seem to be an awful lot of windows in the AB139?

Should there not be more armour plating stuff? (I think that's the technical term)
          Have you been reading indymedia again? Its not a gunship(sadly). The windows are for the VIPs.. The doors will spend most of their time open in the UH role....

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Maybe the AB139s should be ordered with the doors and hinges taken off... to keep the "vips" out! :wink:

IAS

Comment

take a virtual tour of the AB139

Comment

Seriously, apperently the Air Corps recomendation was for the AB139.........................
                "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

AB139 formation flight
                  Attached Files

Comment

Farnborough 2004
                    Attached Files

Comment

So its kinda new....I thought it had to be in production....Fair enough its in production,but as far as I can see only 2 have been delivered to clients other than Agusta...

Comment

It looks more like a flying limo then a military chopper / gunship.

I'm disappointed we didn't get blackhawks, lynx would even be acceptable.

And at least 2 chinook's.
                        It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Just one thing strikes me about the AB139. There is hardly one picture of it being deployed as a military helicopter. Every picture I see is carrying VIP's FFS ! Looking at the sliding door, it does look a bit on the small side. Nice big soft seats for VIP's as well.

Comment

The AB139 site doesn't say anything about a military version, or armament. But it can carry up to 15, although I'd say that would decrease with CEFO.

Comment

Looking at the .pdf brochure,there is an image showing the seating arrangement for the law enforcement model,with ten back to back seats along the centreline,the first two,behind the pilots, designated seating for the Gunners on either side.Seating is similar in design to that seen in the Mowags,for those who have enjoyed their comfort.
                              Looking at each of the 3 brochures below,you can get an Idea of how the UH can look.

http://www.agustawestland.com/dindoc/AB139%20Offshore_FINAL_7-6-04(2).pdf

click here for USCG photos

Comment

Working...
                              X