No announcement yet.

Agusta Westland AB139 for Irish Air Corps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morph..i think you'll find if you read again that they will probably not be painted red or white.

BTW,Gazelles have carried dpm liveries in the past for short periods,and the Hurricaines of the 40s were also painted in camo colours.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Imshi pictures an airambulance picking up a critically ill child, he blinks aside his tears and his eyes widen as he realises he's sharing the cabin with an ARW assault team
      Last edited by Come-quickly; 14 January 2005, 23:37. Reason: calmed down
      "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

So were not the only Military wing (Excluding Police services) to order the AB139

From Janes

The AB139 intermediate helicopter will be joining the UAE Armed Forces in the next few years. In a major contract award announced at the show yesterday, the US/Italian joint venture company will be supplying the 15-seat helicopter in a multirole configuration, beating strong competition from Eurocopter, which had also been shortlisted with its equivalent EC 155 B1. The contract is valued at Dhs 308m (US$83.7m).
        "Why am I using a new putter? Because the last one didn't float too well." -Craig Stadler

Comment

Will we be getting the run of the mill civilian version of the AB139 but painted green, or are we getting the proper military variant?

Comment

Sigh...

If you read the thread,you will see that we are getting the fully armed version,with air to air missiles,anti tank missiles,25mm chain gun,flir,and of course whisper mode...

READ THE THREAD

Comment

We're getting the military version pym, I don't have the time to read 7 pages so I'm assuming that Goldie is being sarcastic, something not often seen around here...
              "Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied."

Otto Von Bismark

Comment

There is no military version as such. It is being equipped as per the tender,which has been discussed at length here over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
                  Well yes and no....we are the First customers for the military variant,but it is similar to that due to be delivered to the USCG,though not the same.
                  No military variant??
                  "Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied."

Otto Von Bismark

Comment

I thought you said you hadn't the time to read 7 pages?

Comment

Notice the lack of the AB139 in the military range? What we are getting is a LAW ENFORCEMENT version.

(again we have been over the whole military/civilian thing already,over and over. Use the search function)

Comment

Maybe it's my eyesight, but I can't seem to locate the rotar in the picture above.

Comment

It's a mock-up, not a real heli.
                          "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
                            http://www.agustawestland.com/products.asp

Notice the lack of the AB139 in the military range? What we are getting is a LAW ENFORCEMENT version.

(again we have been over the whole military/civilian thing already,over and over. Use the search function)

The reason I asked was because of this page: http://www.aerospace-technology.com/projects/ab139/

Granted it was a "mock up" of the military variant, but I was of the understanding we were the first military customers for it....

"The AB139 military version is capable of carrying up to 15 troops or six stretchers with four medical attendants. It can be fitted with gun pods, rocket launchers and air-to-air missiles attached to two removable external supports."

I apologise for irritating you so much

Comment

Also this might be of note:http://forums.military.com/eve/ubb.x.../m/21000911713

If it is to be believed it looks like the USCG wont be getting the AB-139. Its interesting to note some of the contributors werent too keen to be the launch customers.

Please dont let this turn into the Dauphin debacle.

Comment

PYM,

What, exactly, do you think makes a military helicopter different from a civillian one?

The majority of things you'd expect from a military helicopter (crash-proof seating, military comms fit, weapons capability, NVG cockpit) were mentioned in the tender document. Even if they weren't it would be relatively easy to retrofit them to a 'civvy' heli.

We're not the launch customer for the AB-139, it's already in service with the Namibians & civillian customers.
                                "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Working...
                                X