PDF/RDF co-operation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

equalizer,

i did my recruit training in a plt with about 70% ex fca personnel. a high percentage of them were FCA NCOs. the only time i've seen the FCA seriously talked down on (forget about the normal slagging that everybody gets, be you FCA, cav, arty, etc. ) was during the recruit training.

and the training NCos clearly explained that the only reason this was done was to encourage the plt to work as a team during the training. apparently they felt that during the initial stages the ex FCA NCOs were having a harder time getting used to taking orders again, rather than giving them! the mindset hat to be changed back to being a private soldier again. it was more of a case of everybody wanting to be the boss instead of getting stuck in together and listening to the real bosses, ie the PDF NCOs!

since then i haven't seen anybody seriously slag off Reserve personnel when working together.
    An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

I understand the instructors needed to get everyone on the same level but using whatever FCA expeirence people had in their "talking down" sessions is hardly professional of them even if it was explained to you afterwards what their intentions were.

Not fair on the other 30% who wouldn't know much about the FCA, at the time.
      As for accuracy, presumably the missile carries MRVs with terminal phase sensors and guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer
        Point reiterated.:wink:
        Nope. You said that they had to be nice to the baggers because of the re-org. I said that, in my experience, senior NCO's have been nice since before the re-org was even thought of. There's also a world of difference between 'having' to be nice and seeing the benefits of being so.
        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Originally posted by FMolloy
          You said that they had to be nice to the baggers because of the re-org.
          I never said they had to be nice to baggers.

I've 200 other posts if you wish to go through them with a tooth comb.
          As for accuracy, presumably the missile carries MRVs with terminal phase sensors and guidance.

Comment

I never said they had to be nice to baggers.
            You said: That's because most of the senior NCO's and Officers will have to be nice to RDF troops with the new integration.

Forgive me if I paraphrased, but that was the thrust of your statement - that PDF had to be nice because it was policy & they were not so of their own volition. There's a world of difference between the two that had to be pointed out.

So I never reiterated your point, I contradicted it.

I've 200 other posts if you wish to go through them with a tooth comb.
            I might do, if there as inaccurate as this one.
            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Originally posted by FMolloy
              I might do, if there as inaccurate as this one.
              If you do use the search function.

Ok I was not clear in my statement. But you know where I'm coming from? If not I don't really care, hopefully a few hours nit picking through my posts should pass a few hours.

Comment

ladies ladies,

that has to be the worst fight I have ever seen

go back to your corners and come up with some good dirt on each other,

then spread it on here

nudey pictures of girlfreinds is a good way at attacking a person
                Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

If not I don't really care, hopefully a few hours nit picking through my posts should pass a few hours.
                  Maybe on Tuesday when I've nothing better to do in work, your innacuracies aren't that important to me.

Comment

Originally posted by sierra one
                    best thing about the PDF is the amount of pyro they bring 4 exercises:tri:

Damn right... Last year on the PSO a PDF corporal came up to me the night before the exercise with a sack of smoke grenades. He said they was sick of carrying them so I gladly relieved him of them
                    "I'm like Bush, I see the world more like checkers than chess." - Dennis Miller

Comment

I would love to do an exercise with the RDF.

Really.

No, really.

Honest to god.
                      Press Corp-"Say General the Folks back home would sure like to know where you got that pearl handled revolver?
                      Patton-" P-P- Pearl? ITS IVORY-only a cheap New Orleans Pimp would use a PEARL handled revolver

Comment

I would love to do an exercise with the RDF
                        I bet the Chief would love you country folk to do an exercise, even if its with the RDF

Really

No, Really

Honest to God.

Comment

eastern cav pdf were fairly alright to us on an intergration exercise we did. i think a certain 2*trooper from the rdf showed them the calibar that some reservists can have. this trooper was given marconi(prr) monocular(nvg).baby singaR. KITE SITE. dropped into the glen by heli to do ctrs(close target recces). he didnt change his wet clothes in 3 days.how did he react,well he loved working with the ctr sgts.overall a good pdf/rdf relation.
                          Infantry private says to infantry officer.: remember sir its trousers then boots.

Comment

Mate if you were on an ex with me, I would ive you every single thing I have

If your happy carrying it

fair play to you

Comment

i wudnt mind gettin a few guici toys on my next ex.
                              The world steps aside to let any man pass if he knows where he is going

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog
                                I bet the Chief would love you country folk to do an exercise, even if its with the RDF

Hedgehog, I have a pain in the usual spot between the legs from F*****g exercises.

Us poor simple country folk may not have all the style an panache of you Dublin cityslickers, but we do have one trait you dubs dont have, which is indispensable to soldiering.............the ability to think.

66th Batt...........need I say more.
                                Press Corp-"Say General the Folks back home would sure like to know where you got that pearl handled revolver?
                                Patton-" P-P- Pearl? ITS IVORY-only a cheap New Orleans Pimp would use a PEARL handled revolver

Comment

Working...
                                X