No announcement yet.

DPM Webbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know what the current deal is with the PDF webbing? Stories of it being recalled, etc., yet only 2 months ago, the front cover of An Cosantóir featured a picture of a soldier from 28 Inf Bn, wearing a set of the issue DPM webbing.
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

eTenders had a tender for 12,000 sets of webbing and 12,000 rucksacks recently. Might still be up. From what I heard, the new stuff was not great quality, but that was hearsay and cannot be comfirmed.
      What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

All DPM webbing and backpacks that were issued. Only a selective basis, all Border units recieved it to my knowlegede and recruits plns/cadet school recieved it aswell. The Webbing and backpacks are of poor quality and are being replaced/recalled and have been done im my barracks (PDF Personnel That had been issued it) with the standard Olive Green PLCE CEFO and CEMO.
        British officer: You're seven minutes late, Mr. Collins.
        Michael Collins: You've kept us waiting 700 years. You can have your seven minutes.

[As the British flag comes down]

Michael Collins: So that's what all the bother was about.

Comment

Also I have a horrible feeling that the Reserve will become very well aquaintted with this low quality webbing in the near future.
          It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Unfortunately i have to back up what b.m has said.The dpm cefo/cemo is shite and is prone to falling apart at the seems.All the platoons to train in the south last year were issued it,as a trial issue and at the end of training it was taken back.Nobody liked it as it was very poor quality.
            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

From what i was told, it's all being sent back, as it was takien on on a trial basis only and not much cash exchange hands....
              The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

Thank the gods
                It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

That explains the new tender then

Comment

The tender is for 12,000 rucksacks and accessories, not webbing.
                    "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Was there not also a tender put out for webbing in the last 2 months??

Comment

The only tender I've seen is for rucksacks & accessories. If there is one for webbing, I've missed it.
                        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

DPM Cefo/Cemo

ok just to set the record straight. I have the new DPM Cefo & Cemo and its quite poor to be honest. Out of a company that was issued with it to test around 10 Backpacks were broke(hoods come off and straps brake). The Cefo is of very poor quality too and tears quite easily. Reports have been sent to the powers that be but it still seems to be issued. Im sticking with my original issue of Og as it is a lot more comfortable and indeed durable.

Comment

Dont know if this is true but i heard that the powers to be asked protac to fix the dpm webbing and they refused because it would cost too much.But apparently protac are now goin to supply DF with the dpm webbing.Dont know how much truth there is to this.
                            Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

I don't think(from what I heard from Mrs Protac last year) that Protac has the capacity to produce the volume required for the DF, at the rate required.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tripper
                                Dont know if this is true but i heard that the powers to be asked protac to fix the dpm webbing and they refused because it would cost too much
                                If webbing is made from substandard materials, the only way to "fix" it is to bin it and start from scratch with decent material, and to manufacture it properly.

Comment

Working...
                                X