X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ZULU View Post
    (I dont think 8inch trees were what it was designed for
    You didnt say diametre....................
    Woo Hoo, finally moderated!!!!! In that select band of people who speak their mind instead of being sheep!

Comment

• Originally posted by spudula View Post
      You didnt say diametre....................
      Maybe not but did you honestly think I'd call a piece of vegetation that was 8 inches tall a "TREE"

ROFL!!!!!!
      "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Maybe not but did you honestly think I'd call a piece of vegetation that was 8 inches tall a "TREE"

ROFL!!!!!!

Thats the thing about them damn trees...................

Theres the circumference, diametre, width, breath, all can be confusing.................

But to get slightly back on topic, My point was, theres perfectly good multitools out there for a fraction of the price of the leather mans and such like.

And i know i'd feel alot happier losing one that only cost 10yoyo's instead off 30, 40or 50!!!

Seems like everytime I go into a recently occupied P.H I find one lying on the ground. Them an bungees, loads and loads of bungees. I havent had to buy any in a while.............

Oh and whats ROFL??????
        Woo Hoo, finally moderated!!!!! In that select band of people who speak their mind instead of being sheep!

Comment

And i know i'd feel alot happier losing one that only cost 10yoyo's instead off 30, 40or 50!!!

Oh and whats ROFL??????
          I want to know where you're getting a leatherman for 30, 40 or 50 yoyos?
          CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

• A leather man kick can be had for as little as E25 over here in canada.

And a wave II for as little as E48.

At least thats the cheapest I've come across.
            Last edited by Tribunius; 10 August 2008, 02:21.
            "Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

If anyone has a Leatherman Surge you'll know how great the detachable saw blade is on it. However I broke mine after some use on an ex this year (I dont think 8inch trees were what it was designed for - although it took down 3 before going)

After looking for a replacement blade, its like trying to find hens teeth. But being the ever resourceful fitter I am, I found out that a black and decker jigsaw blade makes an excellent replacement.

Now I have not only a wood saw blade for those pesky trees, but also a metal hacksaw if ever needed.!!!
              Originally posted by spudula View Post
              Why didnt you just use a machette or bayonet????

A machette would deal with an 8 inch tree in one swipe or a bayonet (if its sharp) could be used to pare one down.

Theres also a multi tool made by PROTEC (rrp E9.99) that has a saw and a hack saw blade on it.

I've had mine for over 10 years now and its still going strong and its in use nearly everyday.
              Originally posted by ZULU View Post
              Ah the almighty Spudula, able to fell 8 inch DIAMETER pine trees with only his machette in one fell swoop.

I'll tell you what. If you can video yourself with an issue machette cutting down an 8inch diameter fresh conifer in one stroke with said instrument, I'll donate 90euro to this site.
              Originally posted by ZULU View Post

ROFL!!!!!!
              Originally posted by spudula View Post
              Thats the thing about them damn trees...................

Theres the circumference, diametre, width, breath, all can be confusing.................

But to get slightly back on topic, My point was, theres perfectly good multitools out there for a fraction of the price of the leather mans and such like.

Seems like everytime I go into a recently occupied P.H I find one lying on the ground. Them an bungees, loads and loads of bungees. I havent had to buy any in a while.............

Oh and whats ROFL??????
              ROFL - Rolling On The floor Laughing

On the subject of cutting vegetation. Got this tip from an colleague this year.
              Buy yourself a pruning saw - can pick one up for €10 in B & Q, etc.
              The blade folds inside the handle. Small, compact, will fit into a backpack side
              pcoket no bother.... Works a treat........

"Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Indeed, It is a vital object particularly if you are in a Unit that requires getting Vehicles into a hide. An ordinary multi Tool or other pocket knife just doesn't have the capacity..

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by REX View Post
                  I want to know where you're getting a leatherman for 30, 40 or 50 yoyos?
                  I checked it out on THE GREAT OUTDOORS and your right, their ALOT more than 30, 40, and 50!!!!

That surge thing costs E145!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fcuk me that shop must have BIG windows.

I hope it wasnt bought in there, cause if I spent that sort of money and couldnt get replacement parts, Ive be having a serious talk with them!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                    ROFL - Rolling On The floor Laughing

On the subject of cutting vegetation. Got this tip from an colleague this year.
                    Buy yourself a pruning saw - can pick one up for €10 in B & Q, etc.
                    The blade folds inside the handle. Small, compact, will fit into a backpack side
                    pcoket no bother.... Works a treat........
                    Yeah their the business alright.

But You'll probably get someone moaning about the weight...........

Comment

Yeah their the business alright.

But You'll probably get someone moaning about the weight...........
                      They'd want to be quite the character to complain about the weight.

It weighs **** all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
                        They'd want to be quite the character to complain about the weight.

It weighs **** all.
                        Look around you brother....................

There are people on here that moan about the weight of BUNGEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

That surge thing costs E145!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!
                          Free actually, present for looking after a few people in the right places. (Thanks Matthews)
                          "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Free actually, present for looking after a few people in the right places. (Thanks Matthews)
                            Nice one so..........

Comment

Look around you brother....................

There are people on here that moan about the weight of BUNGEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              A not to veiled dig at me 'cos i advocated using paracord for basha construction rather than bungees.
                              Sad mate if thats all you have to concern you
                              When you are an infantry soldier and you carry your house on your back and your primary mode of transport is the Mk1 leather personel carrier than EVERY bit of unnecesary weight is something to crib about.After a while you learn that any macho big talking fool can be uncomfortable and lug extra shit around around with em.These morons are usually the lads who are panned out at the end of any long march.Not great when you then have to do a platoon attack.

So spud.Tell me what the longest you have ever spent on the ground.Living in a basha and lugging weight everyday?On and how much weight did you really carry?
                              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                                A not to veiled dig at me 'cos i advocated using paracord for basha construction rather than bungees.
                                Sad mate if thats all you have to concern you
                                paranoia seems to be a way of life for you, doesnt it!!!!!!!

check out post 210 on this thread and you'll see what I was ACTUALLY refering to............

Originally posted by apod View Post
                                So spud.Tell me what the longest you have ever spent on the ground.Living in a basha and lugging weight everyday?On and how much weight did you really carry?
                                Since I (like everyone else on here) have no way of proving on here what I have or havent done,
                                I see no need to tell you anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X