This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camo cream

can any experienced heads here recommend a good brand/retailor for decent camo cream. Have used a Fu*k load of those rubish little sticks and 5 in 1 oil things. they're all useless.

and no smart answers about using mudd, blood, or excremint please.

Comment

• Go with the same as the army issue two tone(green/black or green/brown) one and you cant go wrong.Made by BCB i think.Waterproof with a built in mozzie rep.
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• wesco is best i have used
        QMS is like trying to apply a Crayola crayon
        "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
          Go with the same as the army issue two tone(green/black or green/brown) one and you cant go wrong.Made by BCB i think.Waterproof with a built in mozzie rep.
          Wesco WAS BCB stuff.
          BCB now markets it under the name of Bushcraft.
          But you can still find some under the name of Wesco - basically they are all the same thing.

Also IRR - for the one time that you actually get NVE!!!

Comment

• can any experienced heads here recommend a good brand/retailor for decent camo cream. Have used a Fu*k load of those rubish little sticks and 5 in 1 oil things. they're all useless.
            Try a local office supplies for dry chalk , comes in various colours in small tub type container. mix with a drop of water . Instant cammo.

You can rub it in without having to worry about looking like 'shrek' for weeks afterwards.

long lasting, washes off, non greasy, non smelly costs a couple of quid a tub but will last ages.
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Would the chalk not run off with your sweat?

WESCO was the best I have used and now I use Bushcraft.

Comment

• cheers lads,

keep the cork of your next bottle of wine,
                roughen edge of cork with knife,
                burn for a few seconds with a lighter,
                hey presto, instant charcole camo stick,

very cheap, very light, wont burst in your smock.

ive heard tell of a tube of 'hunting' camo cream thats meant to be the dogs Boll*x. anyone have a name of it?

Comment

• Would the chalk not run off with your sweat?
                  I Thought that too but no it doesn't and i was wearing it for 72hr ex in 2005 and it was hot..remember hot summers?..and topped it up once or twice a day and it was fine.
                  Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• A big thank you to Murph, when I finally remembered this thread today.

Was looking for a suitable means of erasing marker from a map case.

Going around every shop going with an acetate with marker scrawled on it, for the
                    the last day and a bit.

The revelation hit me today - "NAIL POLISH REMOVER" !!!

Great stuff !!!! Works a treat...... :wink:
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                      A big thank you to Murph, when I finally remembered this thread today.
                      Going around every shop going with an acetate with marker scrawled on it, for the
                      the last day and a bit.
                      Yea its great stuff! Will take off chinagraph too.

Good idea if youre doing your orders actually. Have all your crib cards laminated, same with sketch maps and warning orders.
                      Send the warning order etc round written in lumocolor, then when you want to update it or write a new one just wipe it off with nail polish remover!

Same goes for ammo/cas cards etc.
                      Faugh A Ballagh

Comment

• Believe it or not, a small amount of toothpaste and a baby wipe removes permanent marker, and leaves your nyrex minty fresh

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                          A big thank you to Murph, when I finally remembered this thread today.

the last day and a bit.

Great stuff !!!! Works a treat...... :wink:
                          contains acetone which is known to cause cancer

Comment

• Any form of spray deodorant works as well
                            Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

• cheap aftershave is especially good

all you country lads with your Brut and Hai Karate

now you have a use for it
                              Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                              Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                              The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                              The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                              The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                              Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• Drakar noir?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X