Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re: Stupidest piece of kit you've ever bought(taken from arrse.co.uk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by david.carroll01 View Post
    "That looks like good kit CR. Is it similar at all to the CS95?

Can I get Ireland Defence Force kit from any kitshop or website? I am a Brit and so of course could not use it, but also like kit and love getting my mitts on something unusual and distinctive - like a French bivvy bag I use - and the pattern does look similar."
    Theres a guy on EBAY in the UK selling an Irish desert smock at the moment...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

DPM bergan cover. US DPM. Weighed a ton, a ton and a half when wet. Ended up giving it to a mate for covering the spare wheel in the back of his ex GS Landy. Best use for it.
      'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
      'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
      Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
      He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
      http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

French Paratrooper backpack.(faded O/G)

Has a Huge D ring in it for attaching to whatever, and 2 massive side pockets, and a frame.

I have never used it. Ever.
        I bought it about 20 years ago.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Webtex assault vest
          Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Webtex bergen!

Comment

a gas stove off ebay, one of those Chinese knock offs of a MSR pocket unfortunately it decided it did not do kilworth not good for my coffee consumption ,
              "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

aldi zip-locks...not worth a shite

better spending the few extra euros on the GLAD ones
                Officer: "Private, do you have change of a fiver?"

Private: "Sure, mate."

Officer: "That's no way to address an officer!
                Now let's try it again!"

Officer: "Private. Do you have change for a fiver?"

Private: "No, SIR!"

Comment

Personal hex on a product time:
                  Just after a final using of Reebok Play Dry Olive green T-shirt / base layer. (Their version of Driflo?)
                  Bought them for 9 Euro in Kildare Outlet Village. Great says I, that's one third the cost of them fancy ones, I'll get a second one for that cost and still have a tenner for buying Murphy's finest stout when I get back to Cork, compared with the likes of Lowe Alpine, etc.
                  As me Mammy's old adage goes, you get what you pay for.
                  Horrible itchy fabric panels under the arm and running the full length of the back.
                  Thought a couple of washes in the washing machine might get that out of it, no luck.
                  After a session in the gym this morning I hear-by swear to bin them both at the earliest opportunity, they reddened me. God only knows what they would be like on an exercise.
                  Avoid.
                  Beyond the Leap, beyond the law!

Comment

Ah but what about the button stick !!!! For those who remember pre-staybrite days. I reckon this can only be trumped by anyone who can claim to have double-tapped a Vickers.
                    “The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards.”
                    ― Thucydides

Comment

Not bought but had to put it somewhere on IMO when I saw it

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/...ibly-go-wrong/

Sadly only fits the M4/M16 family
                      Beyond the Leap, beyond the law!

Comment

Originally posted by Master Of None View Post
                        Sadly only fits the M4/M16 family
                        It says it fits on "in the place of a muzzle brake" which means it would fit on a steyr!
                        1. Screw on to rifle
                        2. Load magazine with blanks
                        3. Insert golf ball
                        4. ?????
                        5. PROFIT!

Comment

Got a Digital Compass from LIDL. It wasnt worth a f~~k. Dont think i ever used it properly it was about 30 degrees off

Comment

Originally posted by koppiteal View Post
                            Got a Digital Compass from LIDL. It wasnt worth a f~~k. Dont think i ever used it properly it was about 30 degrees off
                            That's probably because being a grunt, you held it too close to your
                            rifle....

"Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                            X