Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re: Stupidest piece of kit you've ever bought(taken from arrse.co.uk)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flash bang View Post
    Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
    My favourite moment was when the
    Originally posted by hedgehog
    red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

HA class...

i once got this camo cream that was cheaper than the normal stuff but it didnt apply easily, it lis like putting semi hardened plaster on your face!
      Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
        Well I had this Idea that they would work (if doubled up) as a sling for the Bren, or FN(in the same way as the sling works on the Steyr). However the sling rings on both weapons were about a milimetre too small to accept the sling.
        Ah ok then. Makes sense i suppose.

Comment

I thought so too....

For sale. Two mint condition Sterling SMG slings. Any offers. Never used.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Ghillie suit that cost me 200 sterling...

Seriously... don't know what i was thinking... had faaaaaaar too much money on me then.

Comment

it would have cost ya 30 euro to make your own , good luck with the sniper course
              :confused: ONCE YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS , THEN YOU CAN WIN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ! :

Comment

Hi all
                Harking back, any boot issued before the current generation with the exception of the Air Corps Flying Boot, which was some kind of para thing.
                The long johns, orange, scratchy.
                The shaving brush.
                The plimsolls (still issued in the age of the Nike Air).The DF must have had huge sheds full of them. Probably still do.
                The 44-pattern helmet. I wore them on an FCA mortar shoot. Useless.
                The safety razor.
                The "Housewife".Honest ta jaysus!
                The above would be instantly recognisable to any soldier enlisted between 1939 and 1990. I saw "Dad's Army" on the goggle-box the other night and the amount of stuff I was familiar with saddened me, given that I signed up in 1984.
                regards
                GttC

Comment

The long Johns were the business

my Mother boiled the shite out of them and that got rid of the scratchyness

my only fear was i would have an accident and be brougth to hospital in orange titghts

The Shaving brush ( WObbler)
                  How else would one clean the inner working parts of ones GPMG or ones FN

the plimsolls
                  your right they were shite
                  but now we get issued with the best of cross trainers

the housewife
                  I still have it- in the old days ( creak) when buttons would fall of combats and such like

it was a God Send
                  Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                  Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                  The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                  The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                  The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                  Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

"The Shaving brush ( WObbler)
                    How else would one clean the inner working parts of ones GPMG or ones FN

the plimsolls
                    your right they were shite
                    but now we get issued with the best of cross trainers

the housewife
                    I still have it- in the old days ( creak) when buttons would fall of combats and such like"

all the above were vitally important pieces of kit.

the NCOs needed to have things to throw out the window from your locker on recruit kit inspections !!! ( way back in the good old days !!)

the best thing about the plimsols was watching the faces of the lads from cavan in my recruit platoon who actually turned up for the first PT session only to be told that they were not allowed to run in them and to buy real runners! talk about shocked at the thought of having to spend money!
                    Last edited by X-RayOne; 31 December 2006, 01:16.
                    An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Xray, we were told the exact same!! we were as poor as church mice on first-year apprento's wages and had to fork out for ROMs(you're showing your age if you remember them!). Ultimately, we ended up minding all the useless shite very carefully for kit inspections. Blancoing plimsolls, anyone? Housewifes? I got my mother, a proper sewing expert, to put together a sewing kit for actual use and kept the issue Housewife for inspections...we had one NCO throw a fella's bedblock out a second-storey window. imagine his surprise when the fella jumped out after it! The NCO nearly had a heart attack on the spot and all throwing of kit stopped at once. The fella was unharmed as he landed on a bank behind our quarters and was quite unhurt.
                      Christ, the shit that went on...!
                      regards
                      GttC

Comment

Hi all
                        Hedger, the mental image of you in orange tights...is there something we should know? Better still, does Mrs Hedge know of this?
                        regards
                        GttC

Comment

the mental image of you in orange tights
                          the picture are for sale on ebay
                          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

A DPM map case type thing, complete crap!

Comment

"That looks like good kit CR. Is it similar at all to the CS95?

Can I get Ireland Defence Force kit from any kitshop or website? I am a Brit and so of course could not use it, but also like kit and love getting my mitts on something unusual and distinctive - like a French bivvy bag I use - and the pattern does look similar."
                              Last edited by Guest; 26 March 2010, 09:06.

Comment

The housewife was the biz I brought that with me anytime i went away. I suppose they issue homemakers now .

I know a medic from cork who did a marathon in those plimsols. Needless to say his knees are a bit knackered.

Hows about platoon runs in the issued shorts and vest. Oh the fun we had.

Comment

Working...
                                X