Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recruitment/Promotion Embargo (untill end of 2010!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
    I just got a text from a Cpl telling me recruiment is back on and to spread the word. Anyone else confirming this?

Well, I would say that your Cpl must be privvy to secret information, because I have asked three of my NCOs from my unit and they are none the wiser. They reckon that it will probably take another week (maybe less) for final confirmation on what can and can't be done with recruiting.

Another NCO reckons that it could be a gimmick to secure votes and that we should wait and see how it pans out. Which I think has probably been the best thing I have heard in relation to this so far.

So if four NCOs can't give me a definite answer, then I don't see how you can get the opposite from your Cpl.
    I don't think anyone has heard a definite word on whether or not this will go ahead or not.

Comment

• Bear in mind that the lifting of the recruitment ban means that there will be a limited number of spaces available for people to be attested - units may be recalling recruits that they previously turned away now, with the intent of swearing them in as and when paperwork and appointments allow.

Comment

• Originally posted by mallen83 View Post
        So if four NCOs can't give me a definite answer, then I don't see how you can get the opposite from your Cpl.
        I don't think anyone has heard a definite word on whether or not this will go ahead or not.
        As with everything else about the RDF it's down to the Interpretation by individuals who don't seek clarity. I don't know the exact text of the Memo sent to unit's but I am willing to bet it's not completely unambiguous.

So the only thing we can all do is wait out on further information.
        I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

• That is what I was saying Dazzler. Nobody knows anything definite about this just yet from what I can gather.
          So it may be the best idea is to wait and see what happens.

Comment

• So when will we know if we can tell our mates to come back then?

Comment

• Originally posted by ghostrider View Post
              So when will we know if we can tell our mates to come back then?
              That depends what rank are you? If lower than a Cpl. Then the likely answer is never. Someone who is told by the CO will get onto them. More than likely.

However telling your mate to give them a call to find out the story might make them show interest and therefore have the CO saying contact them.
              I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

• Post in Independant last Saturday.. Willie OD lifted the recruitment ban on RDF as sufficent funds hav been realocated frm somewhere.. He also said he believed there never should hav been an embargo on the reserve!! Think he's just tryin get bak in favour..
                Life's short, party naked :-)

Comment

• We note from GF posting the DOD Press Release
                  (see
                  http://forum.irishmilitaryonline.com...ad.php?t=15132)

that a limited form of recruitment has opened. HOWEVER as Bravo20 noted above we do not yet know how this is supposed to work. Taking it at face value means only those who go TOE or voluntarily sign off which is a very small number.

*** DO NOT GET RECRUITS HOPES UP PLEASE
                  "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• i heard that the recruitment has only been given to those who have been sworn in/medicals/army numbers issued etc. leaves my battalion with very few recruits, even though i heard that in the eastern and southern brigades, its open to a limited number still, even those who dont have medicals/army numbers etc. is that just bias against the west?
                    I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                    Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                    Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                    And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                    With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                    He put a bullet through his brain.
                    And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                    Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                    Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                    The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• Heard something similar. Although people who were sworn in before the 27th of March were all exempt from the embargo because they had made it in before the moratorium took place. They were all saved.

But I have heard that it is looking like being a limited number allowed in, but the figure is something like 100 per brigade. 300 in total.

Unsure if that will be distributed evenly for each unit or not. And I think it should be because every unit has had to let recruits go. But that would work out at 11 per corps per brigade.

Heard something about the non-effectives being discharged to free up vacancies too for people.

But so far all that is going around is not concrete or set in stone. Could be at least another week before it all comes to light.

Comment

• The details have not been worked out yet. Any rumours you are hearing are idle speculation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mallen83 View Post
                          Heard something similar. Although people who were sworn in before the 27th of March were all exempt from the embargo because they had made it in before the moratorium took place. They were all saved.

But I have heard that it is looking like being a limited number allowed in, but the figure is something like 100 per brigade. 300 in total.

Unsure if that will be distributed evenly for each unit or not. And I think it should be because every unit has had to let recruits go. But that would work out at 11 per corps per brigade.

Heard something about the non-effectives being discharged to free up vacancies too for people.

But so far all that is going around is not concrete or set in stone. Could be at least another week before it all comes to light.
                          jesus i hope to feck they get rid of the on-effectives, our unit has a few!
                          I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                          Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                          Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                          And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                          With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                          He put a bullet through his brain.
                          And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                          Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                          Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                          The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• Non-Effective People

I am fairly sure of what non-effective means, but in terms of how it will affect the recruits coming in, how will they be removed to free up vacancies?

The limited recruitment that is being mentioned is down to the removal of non-effective people (or deadwood as other people call them), so how will it be implemented that they will be discharged from said units?
                            How long does it take to do, and does a signature be required from them? Especially as they are all gone, and the odds of getting a person to sign a form is a long shot. Can it be done without their signature?

I know its the army, but there must be a simple way to do it?

Comment

• being of a cynical disposition id like to see what the new policy actually means does it mean that you can recruit up to your strength as of a certain date , to your notional unit strength , or are we limited to a drip drip of one for one replacement ,
                              is it just a way of saying there is no recruitment ban prior to the local elections but because of the time of year is it a ban by another name until next year ,
                              "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

• Originally posted by ghostrider View Post
                                I am fairly sure of what non-effective means
                                It means that a person didn't fulfill their training obligations in the previous training year (now November - October). It means that they are still a member of the RDF but they can't attend training unless they apply to be retaken on the effective strength (but they can be called up in an emergency)

but in terms of how it will affect the recruits coming in, how will they be removed to free up vacancies?
                                Confused!!??
                                Removed from the non-effective = they have applied to be retaken on the effective strength as they wish to attend training again

Discharged from the non-effective = they will no longer be in the RDF

TBC - nothing seen yet but the existing regulations only allow for discharge of non-effectives due to (a) TOE (there 3 years (or whatever) is up), (b) they have been non-effective for the last 2 years (important in the case of those signing up to 21 years etc), (c) at their own request

The limited recruitment that is being mentioned is down to the removal of non-effective people (or deadwood as other people call them), so how will it be implemented that they will be discharged from said units?
                                How long does it take to do, and does a signature be required from them? Especially as they are all gone, and the odds of getting a person to sign a form is a long shot. Can it be done without their signature?

I know its the army, but there must be a simple way to do it?
                                It is a h*ll of a lot easier to discharge someone from the non-effective than it is to enlist someone.

If it is at their own request = there is 1 form (signed by member, signed by coy OC (I think), signed by Bn CO, signed by OC Bde RDF, signed by GOC (I think). Contact them and explain, they may/may not come down

I've done a few and if everything goes to plan, it takes approx 1 month.

If it is TOE it is also simple enough.

Not sure about those on the non-effective for 2 years

Remember NOTHING is in stone untill it is in unit ROs!
                                Last edited by DeV; 1 June 2009, 21:05.

Comment

Working...
                                X