Cambrian Patrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeV View Post
    Said RDF personnel would need to be trained in aircraft & vehicle recognition, C-IED drills, media handling and radio comms by the way
    God forbid we get trained in modern, relevant military drills.
    I knew a simple soldier boy.....
    Who grinned at life in empty joy,
    Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
    And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
    With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
    He put a bullet through his brain.
    And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
    Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
    Sneak home and pray you'll never know
    The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

Well we aren't at the minute!

Comment

Well we aren't at the minute!
        And is it not a good chance and opportunity to introduce some relevant doctrine?

Comment

Said RDF personnel would need to be trained in aircraft & vehicle recognition, C-IED drills, media handling and radio comms by the way
          Excuses - Where are your solutions?

More than enough AFV recognition material online to study. AFV course with a little thinking could be broken into modules.

Media training is widely available online. Contact Press Office for specific training.

Radio Communication training is a laid down syllabus within the RDF

C-IED YE course are suited to module training provided a little help from relevant people.
          Last edited by ZULU; 3 October 2012, 20:31.
          "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

AFV recognition is been done in the rdf for a few years now
            Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Comment

By all ?

Comment

Definitely not by all.

Comment

By all ?
                  if you're going to give people anti-tank weapons, could you possibly get round to teaching them what to, and not to, shoot them at?

CP is meant to be challenge, and not just the the blokes in the patrol - its about making sure that the unit is teaching them all the skills they need, not just the ones the CO is interested in, or are easy to do.

there's some unrestricted feedback that i've ripped off the web - it'll give you an idea of tasks and some of the issues that crop up.

http://www.mod.uk/NR/rdonlyres/DC988...nitPXRCP09.pdf

doubless there's more floating about.

after the fuss of last year, if RDF/PDF units want to partake, it might be best if they can read the tea leaves to see if they will get authorisation/budget first, and then we'll sort out sponsoring/hosting units. much better to get everything squared away and do a long, thorough build-up leading to a creditable performance and a unit wide training/capability result than a rush job that goes tits up.

Comment

its done on the sraaw course and the aml 90 cse both iv completed this year
                    Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Comment

Correct all PDF personnel are trained on a SRAAW and SINCGARS for example, the same is not true of the RDF.

Comment

they were both RDF COURSES PDF and RDF instructors on both and not all PDF were cadre

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
                          Has anyone actually applied and been turned down our are we just assuming someone will say no?
                          Not exactly.

I asked one of my Offrs to push for CP2013. I suggested we use 2012 to select and up skill a team, and 2013 to train directly for the CP. Given the current skill set of the average Reservist, I thought this would be a more realistic plan.

It was approved in principle by our PDF CO initially upon enquiry earlier this year, but the idea has since died on its arse.

If another RDF unit gets a team together on the CP, best of luck.
                          Last edited by SwiftandSure; 4 October 2012, 21:49. Reason: Was a little too honest in my first draft.

Comment

My unit has put out the warning orders for Arduous Serpent and Cambrian Patrol.

Comment

Interesting write up in cosantoir about Serpent actually. Surprised not to have heard about it on the DF PR network.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

some stuff about the Cambrian here:

i can confirm that one member of this board will be partaking in it this week.
                                RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Working...
                                X