Defence Forces Artillery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do 120mm Illums count?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Have the DF artillery ever fired in anger since WW II?
      I presume that's a reference to AA guns?

Leaving that aside, have the DF artillery ever fired in anger since the Civil War?

Comment

Originally posted by Aidan View Post
        I presume that's a reference to AA guns?

Leaving that aside, have the DF artillery ever fired in anger since the Civil War?
        Have any section of the PDF done anything in anger since the civil war ?

Comment

That's why I said since. I know the AA fired during the Emergency at unidentified aircraft. GF's answer suggests that they did, as firing flares would constitute an operational use of a weapon in a warzone.

regards
          GttC

Comment

also why dont they deploy the L118/9's overseas and only the 120's?

I believe weve only got a smallish number of them anyway, but surely these arent too expensive to purchase?
            "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
            "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

I don't see why not. They are easily air-portable in even a C130-sized aircraft and the commercial airlift is available. Who knows?

regards
              GttC

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                also why dont they deploy the L118/9's overseas and only the 120's?

I believe weve only got a smallish number of them anyway, but surely these arent too expensive to purchase?
                If they aren't that expensive maybe they would them instead of second-hand mortars?

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
                  Have the DF artillery ever fired in anger since WW II?

regards
                  GttC
                  Elizabethville and Jadotville.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
                    Elizabethville and Jadotville.
                    Forgive me if this is completely off thread but years ago I read a novel called , I think, The Sunburst and the Dove,written by a FCA officer,was it loosely based on Jado?

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                      If they aren't that expensive maybe they would buy them instead of second-hand mortars?
                      Thats what the brits said when they sold them to us, Second Hand!
                      CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

Never knew they were second hand

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                          Never knew they were second hand
                          Yep, they still have the royal cypher or coat of arms. A few have seen action before in their previous service....

Comment

Originally posted by northie View Post
                            Yep, they still have the royal cypher or coat of arms. A few have seen action before in their previous service....
                            Yeah they were used in the falklands apparently.
                            What a bloody joke, all our 105 Arty guns have a big stamp of the British crown on it, who'd of thought it.....on a side note all our postal bags are royal mail bags also with a big crown coat of arms on them.....did we ever really gain independence ?

Comment

Originally posted by ExGnr View Post
                              Yeah they were used in the falklands apparently.
                              What a bloody joke, all our 105 Arty guns have a big stamp of the British crown on it, who'd of thought it.....on a side note all our postal bags are royal mail bags also with a big crown coat of arms on them.....did we ever really gain independence ?
                              i'm impressed lads, thanks for looking after our kit so well
                              RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
                                i'm impressed lads, thanks for looking after our kit so well
                                No bother, I'm sure the Queen of England can sleep soundly at night knowing they are oiled and pulled back regularly.

Comment

Working...
                                X