Confessions of a Gucci-Kit Monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FMP View Post
    No idea where to stick this, Gucci Kit however seems to be the right location.

Arktis making trousers very similar to the Crye G3 kit (normally found in all good SF wardrobes) but in / or close to Irish DPM.

In fact Arktis doing loads of kit (Smocks, shirts, trousers, Chest rigs) in / or close to Irish DPM these days.

eg: follow link, scroll down and look for colour swatch's on the right, see what looks like Irish DPM, click on swatch, it enlarges and says IRISH beneath it. So I guess that's Irish DPM then.

http://www.arktisltd.co.uk/products/c311/
    Thought I'd enquire about the trousers, as let's be honest, the issued pair are crap and the crotch always bursts. There's me thinking I'd probably spend up to a ton on a decent set of pantaloons. £180 is what they wanted for those C318A Ranger trousers! Looks like I'll continue to rock out with my cock out for the time being.

Comment

• Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
      Thought I'd enquire about the trousers, as let's be honest, the issued pair are crap and the crotch always bursts. There's me thinking I'd probably spend up to a ton on a decent set of pantaloons. £180 is what they wanted for those C318A Ranger trousers! Looks like I'll continue to rock out with my cock out for the time being.
      I did say as found in all good SF wardrobes . Anything "SF" attracts a hefty price tag.

Go for a basic (but good) pair S & S, the C111, your ton should see you right there. £180!!! I'm in the wrong business. Further inquires made,,,,,,,,,,will update as soon as they get back to me .
      Last edited by FMP; 9 September 2014, 12:48.
      We travel not for trafficking alone,
      By hotter winds our fiery hearts are fanned,
      For lust of knowing what should not be known,
      We make the Golden Journey to Samarkand.

Comment

• Originally posted by FMP View Post
        Not a Camel-back Motherload, but close (Therefore quiet a bit cheaper).

Not Irish DPM, but close. PS, how's your french, hit translate if as bad as mine

http://www.inuka.com/sac-a-dos-sac-a....htm#toe301630
        Well, I got bits of the French, but here ya go....

Francais:

Le sac à dos Delta Force II est un sac à dos haute résistance conçue pour les forces d'intervention.
        Il résiste à de forts taux d'humidité et à des températures allant de -30 à 55°C !
        Il dispose également de nombreuses poches facilement accessibles pour avoir votre équipement toujours à portée de main !

Anglais:

The Delta Force II backpack is a high strength backpack designed for intervention forces.
        It is resistant to high rates of humidity and temperatures ranging from-30 to 55 ° C!
        There are also many pockets easily accessible so as to always have your equipment at your fingertips!
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Update.

Happy shopping S & S, eh I'm good to you.

All available in Irish DPM.
          All prices in GBP.

Having bought more than my fair share of kit from them over the last 20 years or so prices are still not that bad at all. I suppose more importantly its good quality kit. Price list etc attached with codes and what every thing is, get on the site and start shopping or get them Christmas wish lists written .

A110 Hot Climate Shirt: £70.00
          A126 L/W Under Armour Shirt: £70.00
          B110 Basic Smock: £116.00
          C111 Combat Trouser: £70.00
          M170 Classic Chest Rig: £70.00
          M171 Advance Chest Rig: £80.00
          K170 Field Battlevest: £115.00

ps I am not now nor have I ever been affiliated with Arktis, nor will I receive any gratuity as a result of anyone on this site buying kit from them . But if you do buy from them post a review here. First item I ever bought from them was the 1601 Jungle Battle Vest (no longer made) in 1990 ish as a young green squaddie. Served me well for many many years then got sprayed black and served for many more on the circuit. It got retired about 3 years ago as I'm now behind a desk but its still alive and growling in the attic somewhere, when the Mrs is home alone she swears she can hear it .
          Attached Files
          Last edited by FMP; 9 September 2014, 16:29.
          We travel not for trafficking alone,
          By hotter winds our fiery hearts are fanned,
          For lust of knowing what should not be known,
          We make the Golden Journey to Samarkand.

Comment

• Wow...some pretty awesome stuff there!!
            What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• The arktis rainshield jacket is supposed to be a savage bit of kit. Its out of general production in the original OG, but it popped up there on the list!!
              "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

• Originally posted by Duffman View Post
                The arktis rainshield jacket is supposed to be a savage bit of kit. Its out of general production in the original OG, but it popped up there on the list!!
                I know a few lads with those jacket's and they love them.

They really do have some smashing bits of kit.

Comment

• Got myself one of the BA daysacks from ebay for £56, with parcel motel and shipping it came to €95ish total so a lot cheaper than a new karrimor one. It's in new condition and came with the drybag it comes with so I'm very happy with it. Bought it because I'm no longer issued a daysack and the POS webtex-y one I've had for a while had fallen apart. Now I need to track down 2 PLCE side pouches to give it enough capacity to replace the main pack on short not overly warry summer overnights.
                  Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                    Got myself one of the BA daysacks from ebay for £56, with parcel motel and shipping it came to €95ish total so a lot cheaper than a new karrimor one. It's in new condition and came with the drybag it comes with so I'm very happy with it. Bought it because I'm no longer issued a daysack and the POS webtex-y one I've had for a while had fallen apart. Now I need to track down 2 PLCE side pouches to give it enough capacity to replace the main pack on short not overly warry summer overnights.
                    Is that about the same size as the Lowe Alpine issue daysack?
                    Addition of side pouches would obviously boost cargo carrying capacity significantly
                    Recently went to the ranges - had all the gear in the issue daysack
                    Found it to be a bit of a squeeze, whereas it all seems to fit comfortably into the Protac daysack I had from before (copy of the BA daysack with side pockets)
                    Always used this heretofore for trips to the ranges and it did the job fine, with the addition of a waterproof liner
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                      Got myself one of the BA daysacks from ebay for £56, with parcel motel and shipping it came to €95ish total so a lot cheaper than a new karrimor one. It's in new condition and came with the drybag it comes with so I'm very happy with it. Bought it because I'm no longer issued a daysack and the POS webtex-y one I've had for a while had fallen apart. Now I need to track down 2 PLCE side pouches to give it enough capacity to replace the main pack on short not overly warry summer overnights.
                      No longer have an issue daysack?

Comment

• Issue Lowe Alpine daysack is pants compared to the UK issued 45L daysack

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                          Is that about the same size as the Lowe Alpine issue daysack?
                          With the sides zipped up it's roughly the same volume, with them opened up it's 10-15L bigger and then if you attached 2 rocket pouches it would have another 20L again. You can zip the sides up using the zips to attach rocket pouches as in this pic;

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                          No longer have an issue daysack?
                          Not on/instructing on a course where I'd need IPLCS during the year, I'll only get the gear at the start of an exercise and then hand it back in 10 days later. Issue daysack is no good to me locked in the BQs stores when I need it on the range/wherever through the year.

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
                          Issue Lowe Alpine daysack is pants compared to the UK issued 45L daysack
                          Well the issue one is free so I'd settle for it if I had it on issue permanently....but it's not!
                          Last edited by The real Jack; 21 February 2015, 12:51.

Comment

• This is replacing the Herrick daysack.

And here are the issue side pouches to match the 2014 MTP PLCE bergen.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Of...-/111563935221
                            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• There's a lot of daysacks on ebay that are the same design as the DCC one, I didn't like having to rely on zips to keep it closed in those clamshell designs as you can easily **** up the zips when trying to close it when you've overloaded it!

Comment

• pardon the question but how much shit do you need to carry to a range practise?!.........I have to say, anyone buying kit is subsidising the DF. This is back to the old story about the lanyards again, as if nothing has been learned. If an organisation insists that you have particular kit, then it has to fund it, not you. Otherwise, it's a mug's game.

Comment

Working...
                                X