No announcement yet.

Corp specific berets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should it not be TVM corps rather than tpt corps or CSS / logistics as a corps nowadays?.

If you look at Arty, CIS and Inf they have their owm motor pools and drivers who would not be considering themselves tpt corps.
    Where as tpt corps themselves have moved on.
    Their uniqueness lies in the logistics, maintenance and recovery functions which is a lot more than just transport.

Just a comment not contradicting any one.

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
      Bde Tpt Group I believe is the current term ?
      Correct and right.
      Originally posted by apod View Post
      Not according to the new CS4
      I was going by the last copy I saw,a draft.I checked it on the intranet today and it is indeed Bde Tpt Croup,a part of the Bde CSS element.My bad.
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
        Tpt Group is only where you are TD
        Not so, T
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

once S +T always S +T.

Comment

Slightly off berrets but still on unit / corps ID.

I was in Bricins last week and I noticed a num,ber of the medics wearing a large badge on their right shoulder of their DPM shirts.
            It looked like the blue star/cross on the side of the ambulance but with a I in the middle

Is this corps/coy insignia or a developement of the red cross badge?

Comment

Originally posted by Saab View Post
              Slightly off berrets but still on unit / corps ID.

I was in Bricins last week and I noticed a num,ber of the medics wearing a large badge on their right shoulder of their DPM shirts.
              It looked like the blue star/cross on the side of the ambulance but with a I in the middle

Is this corps/coy insignia or a developement of the red cross badge?
              EMT Badge?

Edit: I've noticed that that link doesn't direct the user to the medical page. Select the Army section, select Medical and scroll down.
              I knew a simple soldier boy.....
              Who grinned at life in empty joy,
              Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
              And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
              With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
              He put a bullet through his brain.
              And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
              Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
              Sneak home and pray you'll never know
              The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

not the IFOR badge
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by Buck View Post
                  EMT Badge?

Edit: I've noticed that that link doesn't direct the user to the medical page. Select the Army section, select Medical and scroll down.
                  Thanks

EMT badge it is.

Comment

Now that I think of it, back in the day when Air Corps personnel wore army green, enlisted ranks wore the standard PDF black beret, with a light blue backing felt patch for the cap badge. Same as for Army/Air Corps apprentices. FCA personnel used to wear black berets years ago. I've even seen photos of FCA personnel of the era wearing the black beret with the red backing patch...
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                      I've even seen photos of FCA personnel of the era wearing the black beret with the red backing patch...
                      Wow, no sh*t TD.

I'll let you in on a little secret, I had one as well.
                      I'm not a number, I'm a free man.
                      Who is number 1?

Comment

• Yep I wore one as well for about 2 years, I think all the lads in the 70,s were black heads was it the 80,s green berets came into vogue?
                        Bohs till I die

Comment

• Originally posted by The Prisoner View Post
                          Wow, no sh*t TD.

I'll let you in on a little secret, I had one as well.
                          You're absolutely right Prisoner - no sh1t...

Comment

Working...
                          X