New Arms Drill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Arms Drill

I hear on the grapevine that the training for the new arms drill is to start next week. PDF BTC instructors are travelling to the Curragh for training. The training at unit level will start on 1 April.
    Last edited by Vickers; 12 February 2012, 15:45.
    "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Originally posted by Vickers View Post
    I hear on the grapevine that the training for the new arms drill is to start next week. PDF BTC instructors are travelling to the Curragh for training. The training at unit level will start on 1 April.
    please please please tell me they got rid of that ridiculous sling, and they can begin to treat the weapon like a proper rifle and not a hand bag on the parade square.
    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

The training at unit level will start on 1 April.
      nice early start I see
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
        please please please tell me they got rid of that ridiculous sling, and they can begin to treat the weapon like a proper rifle and not a hand bag on the parade square.
        You fell for that one Mate.April 01.Kapeesh?
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
          You fell for that one Mate.April 01.Kapeesh?
          so you crack April 1st jokes on 12th Feb?

new one on me alright.

touchè
          RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

so you crack April 1st jokes on 12th Feb?

new one on me alright.

touchè
            Who's you? I didn't crack any joke.I merely pointed out that you fell for a bite.Thats all.Peace.
            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
              Who's you? I didn't crack any joke.I merely pointed out that you fell for a bite.Thats all.Peace.
              so nothing can genuinely start on 1 April (even though it is a Sunday this year)?

and you can turn absolutely anything into a 'bite' because you caveat it with the date 1st April?

mmm, things must be quieter at home than i thought.
              RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Well actually it will as the new drill has to be in place for Easter parade which is the following week.

Comment

so nothing can genuinely start on 1 April (even though it is a Sunday this year)?

and you can turn absolutely anything into a 'bite' because you caveat it with the date 1st April?

In apods world, nothin happens on april 1
                  Iran didn't become an Islamic republic in 1979, The bosnian war didn't begin in 1992 ,Slobodon Milosovic never surrendered in 2001,
                  Croatia and ALbania never joined NATO in 2009, and the UNAMA in Mazar i Sharif was not attacked last year and 7 people weren't killed.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

So Lon Cheney, Susan Boyle, Otto von Bismark, Ali Mc Graw and Anne McCaffery, amongst others never got born either?
                    "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                    Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                    Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

yes, VERY quiet!! its so quiet we've have to start goin back over old ground again.
                      hedons have more fun.

Comment

Have you seem the way the Gustav used to be carried on parade?

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                          Have you seem the way the Gustav used to be carried on parade?
                          Slung on the right hand side, paraell to the ground, as far as I can remember...

Comment

With complimenting handbag...on the opposide side.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                              With complimenting handbag...on the opposide side.
                              real leather it was too ... presumably from a real leather swedish cow...

Comment

Working...
                              X