is this s___ real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this s___ real?

A small number of Defence Forces personnel are assisting in an ongoing operation that could see Lisa Smith and her child return to Ireland.
    "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
    Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

In the IT as well:

Comment

It's in all the sunday papers it seems.

Comment

To be fair it's one of the ARW's roles.

And while I don't agree with Irish Personnel be they Mil or Civ being put in harms way to bring a traitor home, her child is innocent and deserves better.
        And we, as in the Irish people don't turn our back on those in need.

(Unless of course you happen to be an asylum seeker then yeah we do.Plus mount protests and burn out elected officials cars)
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

The thing that bothers me is you don't tell people you are sending in Special Forces, you tel people after they are safe home, job done.
          "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
          Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
          Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Would say it was a leak not welcomed by army. probably some ngo cu3t ringing he's ma.
            Last edited by sofa; 3 November 2019, 20:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Turkey View Post
              The thing that bothers me is you don't tell people you are sending in Special Forces, you tel people after they are safe home, job done.
              It sounds like they are there as CP for the officials, rather than going in mob-handed.
              'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
              'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
              Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
              He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
              http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Anyone who thought for one moment that she wasn't going to be brought home is deluded

Rightly or wrongly shes coming home and those from the DF sent to do whatever are doing so with absolute impartiality
                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

X
                  Originally posted by Turkey View Post
                  Absolutely - the a**hole who leaked this , whether politician, civil servant or, god forbid, member of the DF , needs to be taken out and horse whipped.
                  “The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards.”
                  ― Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by Shaqra View Post
                    X

Absolutely - the a**hole who leaked this , whether politician, civil servant or, god forbid, member of the DF , needs to be taken out and horse whipped.
                    I'd use a sjambok personally (rhino-whip)…

Then I'd take it to her.
                    'History is a vast early warning system'. Norman Cousins

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post
                      I'd use a sjambok personally (rhino-whip)…

Then I'd take it to her.
                      Is that allowed under Sharia law?
                      'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                      'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                      Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                      He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                      http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Encouraged possibly
                        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

She is still an Irish Citizen and more importantly her little child is as paddy as you or me, the unenumerated role of the DF is to protect Irish Citizens, so therefore we’ll done and best of luck to the lads out there trying to get her and the small one home.

If anyone can prove Smith or her child did anything wrong, I would gladly say **** them,
                          Most of us have female relatives who joined religious organisations that presided over oppression of non believers and a bit of beheading here and there and a penchant for long flowing black robes and we call them sister this or sister that.
                          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                            She is still an Irish Citizen and more importantly her little child is as paddy as you or me, the unenumerated role of the DF is to protect Irish Citizens, so therefore we’ll done and best of luck to the lads out there trying to get her and the small one home.

If anyone can prove Smith or her child did anything wrong, I would gladly say **** them,
                            Most of us have female relatives who joined religious organisations that presided over oppression of non believers and a bit of beheading here and there and a penchant for long flowing black robes and we call them sister this or sister that.
                            I think the analogy would be more accurate if said female relative had joined the SS.

Comment

Former member of the Defence Forces Lisa Smith has been arrested on suspicion of terrorist offences.

Comment

Working...
                              X