PC World Gone Mad Top Marine general removed over use of a racial slur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC World Gone Mad Top Marine general removed over use of a racial slur

Top Marine general removed after being investigated over use of a racial slur

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/top-...ry?id=73717785

Next thing you will be done for sing the songs

It is not really PC gone mad. In this day and age everyone knows certain words are unacceptable. Someone in his position should definitely know better. He was the author of his own demise.

Comment

By the sound of things he ****ed up. Zero tolerance for this. He is supposed to lead by example at a time when the US is struggling with racism.

You can't do it like that. It's like slapping someone in the face and saying "don't slap people in the face!"
      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

He completely screwed up. Everyone should know not to use this language in this day and age but when it comes to it, there is a far higher standard required from a two star than there is from a private or corporal.

Comment

Originally posted by apc View Post

Next thing you will be done for sing the songs
          And sometimes, the songs are also inappropriate too. While you can't look at old attitudes in judgement based on our beliefs now, it is clear too what is, and what is not acceptable, especially for a person in command. If it's ok for a general, it's ok for all serving under them

Comment

Originally posted by The Connaught Ranger View Post
            And sometimes, the songs are also inappropriate too. While you can't look at old attitudes in judgement based on our beliefs now, it is clear too what is, and what is not acceptable, especially for a person in command. If it's ok for a general, it's ok for all serving under them
            I still firmly believe anyone in the DF who sings or plays Sean South should be instantly dismissed from the organisation.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
              I still firmly believe anyone in the DF who sings or plays Sean South should be instantly dismissed from the organisation.
              It's a catchy old tune though!

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
                Absolutely, the IRA where the organisation that led to more splinters than a tree struck by lightning, one of which was responsible for the death of Pte. Patrick Kelly and other members of the DF and Garda.

Comment

that's because it's an old Irish tune re-purposed, like a lot of those songs.

Comment

Originally posted by The Connaught Ranger View Post
                    that's because it's an old Irish tune re-purposed, like a lot of those songs.
                    Roddy McCorley, the bane of anyone who ever had to learn tin whistle. (Roddy himself was a United Irishman, and his Great- Grandson fought in the war of Independence).

Comment

Should marines be discharged if found in possession of Rap music that contained words like N..... this and N..... that. Or just the White ones.?

Comment

Originally posted by sofa View Post
                        Should marines be discharged if found in possession of Rap music that contained words like N..... this and N..... that. Or just the White ones.?
                        Thats exactly how it works. Its ok for some people to say it, but not others.
                        Thats just how it is.

Comment

I didn't realise Jeremy Clarkson posted on here!

Comment

When I posted it I took it at face value and read to mean that in the context of the music being played how would they take it if he used that word. Now I know Im not getting the full story here, but obviously Im out of touch so in the interest fairness if I have offended anyone or caused upset I apologise.

Comment

Originally posted by apc View Post
                              When I posted it I took it at face value and read to mean that in the context of the music being played how would they take it if he used that word. Now I know Im not getting the full story here, but obviously Im out of touch so in the interest fairness if I have offended anyone or caused upset I apologise.
                              Now if we were all insulted or offended, that would be the PC world gone mad!

Thick skins on here.

Comment

Working...
                              X