No announcement yet.

Packing list Battle vest and Backpack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sympathise Trell.When I first heard the plan i had it put down to the new,old,cadre not wanting to have to account for 500+ sets of full CEMO/sleeping systems/PPE. There was enough pooled at my home station when all the various units returned it to kit out every single member of our four new companies and still have a reserve.Some of the kit had never been used what with being handed back by the ADR and PA's for example().When I hear dhtey were shredding everything except the sleeping systems my blood boiled.What a f*****g waste.Even if the plan was set in stone that amount of PLCE would have netted the DF a nice bit on the collectors and waltsofters market.

Then I was told the really reason was because of the Bergen and the H+S issue I flagged above.Which In a weird way makes sense.
    I do understand that there were those of ye who invested in your own set of PLCE CEFO etc and are now facing not being able to use it.I felt the same way after I invested in my own Battlevest only for them to go on issueSome luck eh?
    Typical though.Some of ye were only banging on about an IPLCS issue with regard to the single force concept.Now that ye will have access to it ye dont want it!!

PS:No.CQ's will not be hanging onto PLCE.The orders to return it all come from D Logs.It has already been implemented.
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• OK short circuit this. Can we get a BV same as current off the commercial market ?
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• So what does the rest of the platoon (that should be a coy) do when 1 section has been fully kitted out in IPLCS
        Last edited by DeV; 30 May 2013, 00:13.

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
          OK short circuit this. Can we get a BV same as current off the commercial market ?
          AFAIK the Lowe Alpine shop in Tullamore had the issue BV but in OG.Lowe alpine rarely sell their military range direct to the public these days though.

Originally posted by DeV View Post
          So when what does the rest of the platoon (that should be a coy) do when 1 section has been fully kitted out in IPLCS
          The plan AFAIK is for 50ish sets of IPLCS to be issued per coy initially as their thinking thats all that would be using it on an exercise as it would be rare for 100% mobilisation.I pointed out "what happens in the event of a general mobilisation".I got a blank stare.
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• These pop up every now and again on fleabay for about 50 squids.

Haven't had a chance to use one in anger yet, but it seems a mighty fine piece of kit. Similar enough in lay out to the IPLCS rig. The ammo and utility pouches are fixed, but the vests come with a butt load of PALS pouches.

Last edited by Captain Edmund Blackadder; 30 May 2013, 00:04.
            Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
              AFAIK the Lowe Alpine shop in Tullamore had the issue BV but in OG.Lowe alpine rarely sell their military range direct to the public these days though.

The plan AFAIK is for 50ish sets of IPLCS to be issued per coy initially as their thinking thats all that would be using it on an exercise as it would be rare for 100% mobilisation.I pointed out "what happens in the event of a general mobilisation".I got a blank stare.
              Knowing the DF 50 will translate to 20.

How many people are in the PDF (the vast majority having individual issue IPLCS) ?
              How many sets were purchased ?
              Maths has never been my strong point but.....

My old coy had 10 complete sets of PLCE 3 years ago, some of which had minor damage. Don't know if thinks improved.

Originally posted by Captain Edmund Blackadder View Post
              These pop up every now and again on fleabay for about 50 squids.

Haven't had a chance to use one in anger yet, but it seems a mighty fine piece of kit. Similar enough in lay out to the IPLCS rig. The ammo and utility pouches are fixed, but the vests come with a butt load of PALS pouches.

So no grat, 10% pay cut and buy your own kit (which you can't buy in the shops and won't be allowed use).

Comment

• FOR SALE : Protac IP-DPM battlevest, one careful RDF owner

DESCRIPTION : Not as gucchi as issue vest, but looks very similar. at a glance people will think you are PDF, as opposed to all the other Reserves wearing no CEFO at all.

USER REVIEWS : once highly ridiculed as only an item a gucchi kit monster would be seen wearing. now enjoying a return in the military fashion Single Force Concept catalogue. bound to be the must have item for 2013/2014

An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Edmund Blackadder View Post
                  These pop up every now and again on fleabay for about 50 squids.

After putting both the Karrimor and issue BV to the test. I think the Karrimor is actually a marginally better vest in terms of load carrying and durability (ie. your zip won't snap off after a few days of hard use like it does on the BV) . Stick a Protac Admin pouch on it and you're laughing.
                  "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

• Anyone have any advice on a good reasonably cheap battle vest? Looking on ebay it seems that a british army can be got for about £20+postage, but I don't like that the ammo pouches are on one side so it'd be unbalanced most of the time. The karrimor one would be nice but there's no way I'll spend that much. Have a few weeks to decide & order before a Bn ex and to find out if we actually have any IPLCS in the stores for us to use.
                    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• There's a few Dutch MOLLE vests on Ebay, pouches would be cheap enough too, plenty of "job lot" molle pouches being sold.

Comment

• Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                        Anyone have any advice on a good reasonably cheap battle vest? Looking on ebay it seems that a british army can be got for about £20+postage, but I don't like that the ammo pouches are on one side so it'd be unbalanced most of the time. The karrimor one would be nice but there's no way I'll spend that much. Have a few weeks to decide & order before a Bn ex and to find out if we actually have any IPLCS in the stores for us to use.

While Proper Prior Planning and any fool can be uncomfortable hold true.
                        I'd be very much of the opinion of let them issue it

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                          While Proper Prior Planning and any fool can be uncomfortable hold true.
                          I'd be very much of the opinion of let them issue it
                          I'm definitely holding off for the mo, I still have my issue PLCE, backpack and helmet etc but I'm not super confident in there being anything available on time due to the reorg and promotion spiral going on in the Bn.

Comment

• Mkay I got hold of a chape Arktis vest, should hold up for a while anyway. Just figuring out how to pack it now.

Any pointers/criticisms of this set up?;

1. Ammo
                            2. Ammo
                            3. Metal Mug, Camo cream, Mossie repellant, insulation tape, lighter, spare batteries, cleaning kit
                            4. Field dressing
                            5. Small 1st aid kit
                            6. Rations, Head torch, spork, Hexi
                            7. Ammo
                            8. Ammo
                            9. Swiss army knife
                            10. Camelbak if not in daysack

and in the inside pockets of the vest itself I've map/notebook/tac aide/compass usual shite.

Depending on the feeding arrangements the metal mug and hexi would be left in the daysack or binned. If there's going to be a ridiculous amount of ammo in the daysack the camelback will be put into the daysack to avoid it getting burst. Anything glaringly wrong?

Comment

• i know this will start a whole CEFO packing, SOP, personal comfort debate but my two cents on the vest above would be as follows:

All rations, metal mug, hexi, in pouch no.6. that way its all together and you're not rooting through different pouches for a feed.

all the spare batteries, cleaning kit, etc. in pouch no.3 so they are all together also. i'd throw first aid kit in there too, freeing up a grenade pouch higher on vest.

swiss army knife would go in smock on lanyard so its always available regardless of webbing worn or not. would also free up another little pouch.

but that would just be my preferences.
                              An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

• Originally posted by X-RayOne View Post
                                swiss army knife would go in smock on lanyard so its always available regardless of webbing worn or not. would also free up another little pouch.

but that would just be my preferences.
                                I'd move the swiss army knife to the smock if I knew for sure I'd be using it. I'm setting the gear up for some upcoming FIBUA and last time there wasn't a smock in sight. If i could get some sort of belt pouch for it that wont interfere with anything I'll go with that. If the weather is shocking the smock will come back in fashion!

Comment

Working...
                                X