X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Irish_Army01 View Post
    Its Called Velco......Dude:wink:
    Is that like Velcro, only for redcaps?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

But velcro would mean that he would have had to modify his issued shirt........I wonder did he have permission from his CQ to do so? MP in illegal modification of issued kit shocker!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
        Is that like Velcro, only for redcaps?
        Originally posted by kermit
        It looks very like an epaulette to me!
        Originally posted by Barry View Post
        But velcro would mean that he would have had to modify his issued shirt........I wonder did he have permission from his CQ to do so? MP in illegal modification of issued kit shocker!

When your overseas( Sorry Ye wouldn't know about that) The Issue Shirt gets modified for Unit Badges....Including adding velco.:wink:

Comment

But thats not a unit badge.

I have been overseas many many times. Even under a Tricolour.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
            But thats not a unit badge.

I have been overseas many many times. Even under a Tricolour.

Armed?

And your overseas Unit , you get a flash and it has to be mounted on your shirt.

Comment

Yes, the vessel was armed.
              I only had a monkeys fist to defend myself tho...

Comment

Now you'll have to explain a Monkey's Fist to the landdwellers...
                regards
                GttC

Comment

If they don't already know, they don't need to know.
                  Until it hits em in the side of the head someday.

Comment

The ferry to Bere island carrying a bunch of baggers doesnt count

P.S; Did any of ye armchair generals notice Gen.Ganasicas bodyguard in one of the photos on the DF in Chad thread?You know the french SF type wearing C.E pattern SF combats and shades with no headress?Guess he is wrong too.
                    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                      If they don't already know, they don't need to know.
                      Until it hits em in the side of the head someday.

As a CTI I know of a Monkey Fist, although I had no need to tie one:wink:

BTW, When Overseas, the Larger Tri-Colour is Velcro ed onto your shirt for ID purposes.
                      Last edited by Craghopper; 15 September 2008, 22:11.

Comment

• Why would you need to tie one unless you lost one?

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
                          The ferry to Bere island carrying a bunch of baggers doesnt count.

You know some of us have a life outside the RDF. Some of us even had one before, and Intend on having one after.

Comment

• I'm a bagger but never had to take the ferry to Bere Island.. given I had a life before I was a bagger, just some parts of the Df had their own boats..I used to drive one.

Monkeys fist lol.
                            The idea being to weight a 'heaving line' for passing ashore. except some used to add extra weight.. a few bolts to make if heavier and give it longer range.

Who from the NS remembers 'Macker' and his unique method of passing a heaving line?

One particular Friday morning when the adjusted wight heaving line was passed and some poor guy on 'stand to' ( used to make up lines party) took 'Mackers' heaving line full force on the forehead.. hilarious.

Popeye had an unusual wethod of coming alongside at the oil wharf.. used to drive the ship straight into the wharf, removing several coats of paint' unconventional but effective.
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by kermit
                              It looks very like an epaulette to me!

But an epaulette would mean that he would have had to modify his issued shirt........I wonder did he have permission from his CQ to do so? MP in illegal modification of issued kit shocker!

I err.....modified the original post, without any permission.......so sorry:wink:

Connaught Stranger

Comment

• Originally posted by johnny no stars View Post
                                ok, so the only person in the photo without the headgear on is the MP. He's walking along without a beret on, with people citing his peripheral vision as an excuse, yet he has sunglasses on that WILL interfere with his peripheral vision. It doesn't add up properly. Can't wear beret (on head....) because it effects his vision but sunglasses that DEFINATELY interfere with peripheral vision are ok. If the sunglasses are ok, so is the beret.

Lets face it, it looks very poor to have him as the only one without headgear on. It doesn't reflect well.
                                Actually, a French soldier who seems to be CP(admittedly bad carrier as well) for the French General also has no headgear.

You will never have a quiet world until you knock the patriotism out of the human race

Comment

Working...
                                X