X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bayern Fan View Post
    I got a text from Red Tag with my time
    Congrats on a wunderbar run !
    Squad look this way, i will give a full and complete demonstration on how to post.
    Type 1-2-3-4 fact check and POST

Cryos

Comment

Hey Bayern Fan, Dynamo Dresden fans don't seem to like ye too much !!!
      The bar erupted the other night when Borisov hit the net for the 1-0 win....
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

I got a text too. Is this a new thing for the An Cosantóir, or has it been a feature for the past few years?
        Cry "havoc!", and let slip the dogs of war!

Comment

• I didn't get a text. But then I registered on the day and wasn't asked for a mobile number.

I crossed the line around 41:35, but I would like to confirm the time as I was probably suffering from hypoxia at the time

Comment

• Originally posted by Infy View Post
            To be fair they were the only rdf block in it so they won by default. Nevertheless fair play to them.
            At least they took part in the run! A good excuse for training/reason to keep fit, find it hard to believe they were the only RDFers up there...

Comment

• they weren't the only RDF heads there. just the only block my unit had 15 or so there for it saw a few 62 bn heads too though could have been 65 bn, they had tracksuits with the unit flash on them if it is of any use.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Tezza View Post
                At least they took part in the run! A good excuse for training/reason to keep fit, find it hard to believe they were the only RDFers up there...
                There were alot of RDF'ers up there ill have you know!
                Squad look this way, i will give a full and complete demonstration on how to post.
                Type 1-2-3-4 fact check and POST

Cryos

Comment

• Originally posted by Infy View Post
                  they weren't the only RDF heads there. just the only block my unit had 15 or so there for it saw a few 62 bn heads too though could have been 65 bn, they had tracksuits with the unit flash on them if it is of any use.
                  Originally posted by Cryos View Post
                  There were alot of RDF'ers up there ill have you know!
                  I think you misinterpreted what I said Cryos, not being up there myself I don't know first hand about red members up there but I would hope that there would be a good few up there, as I said its a great excuse to train and keep fit but them being the only RDF Bn that was able to come up with the numbers to enter a block in the run I do find to be surprising, I thought most rdf Bn's would be involved in something like this

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                    Hey Bayern Fan, Dynamo Dresden fans don't seem to like ye too much !!!
                    The bar erupted the other night when Borisov hit the net for the 1-0 win....
                    thats what happens when Germany's most successful club have a rare defeat, remind me what league do the Ossies from Dresden play in?
                    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail

Comment

• Originally posted by thedollar View Post
                      I got a text too. Is this a new thing for the An Cosantóir, or has it been a feature for the past few years?
                      last year there was no text, it probably depends on which company does the timing, it's a good service
                      Last edited by Bayern Fan; 5 October 2012, 15:29.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Tezza View Post
                        I think you misinterpreted what I said Cryos, not being up there myself I don't know first hand about red members up there but I would hope that there would be a good few up there, as I said its a great excuse to train and keep fit but them being the only RDF Bn that was able to come up with the numbers to enter a block in the run I do find to be surprising, I thought most rdf Bn's would be involved in something like this
                        didnt see you there Cryos or were you impersonating the invisible man? a fair few RDF bods did it, It was my second year doing it and I am the oldest member of my unit to do it, so I don’t see why the younger generation can’t get motivated to do it. We had Capt, 2/Lt, two Sgts & Cpl, we had a total of seven unit members registered but two were unable to take part. Therefore we missed out for the second year in a row not having a unit team of six. Several people stated that they would participate but failed to register, no 2/3 Star or female participated. Progression beyond three star is dependant on individual fitness and is a DIY issue for those seeking promotion to achieve the desired standard. The younger people are the future leaders and need to motivate themselves and demonstrate their fitness. http://www.c25k.com/

I got a call from a buddy in 62 Cav that people dropped out and were looking for numbers to make up a block, I don’t know if they were successful. I know people were there from Limerick.

The only problem was by the time I got my race number all the goody bags and t shirts were gone FFS

Finally, ask not what your unit can do for you but what can you do for your unit.

Yours in sport

Bayern Fan

Comment

• Any of you doing the Hell and Back 10km adventure race??
                          "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                          "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Was the An Cosantoir 10k on weekends at any stage?

Comment

• Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                              Any of you doing the Hell and Back 10km adventure race??
                              no thanks I'm not that mad

Join us for Ireland's toughest physical and mental challenge, HELL & BACK. We convert Killruddery Estate in Bray, Co Wicklow into an adventure playground where participants must go over, under, around and through 40+ man-made and natural obstacles on trail routes ranging from 5-16KM. Dublin's best fitness challenge.
                              Last edited by Bayern Fan; 5 October 2012, 15:33.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                                Was the An Cosantoir 10k on weekends at any stage?
                                to the best of my knowledge it is traditionally on the first wednesday in October in the Phoenix Park, last year it was in Baldonnel due to road closures in the park

Comment

Working...
                                X