Foreign Naval Visits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
    A remain as a little lad a sub on the Dublin docks (I think it was a Russian).
    Canadian I think is the one your thinking of, I can remember being onboard a Submarine in Dublin myself many moons ago....

Comment

• It was from Nova Scotia to be precise, I have a good reason for remembering. :wink:

Comment

• Originally posted by pilatus View Post
        Following the drills, the Russian warship will pay friendly visits to the French port of Cherbourg and the Irish capital, Dublin.

Probably going there to congratulate Joe Higgins
        "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Originally posted by boomer View Post
          Canadian I think is the one your thinking of, I can remember being onboard a Submarine in Dublin myself many moons ago....

There was a USN Sub in the basin in Dublin in the Sixties. and a French one in the 90s
          outside Kelly's on the southwall

Comment

• Im going to try and get access to the Russian ship for some pictures, even just on the deck.Is this even possible, do they allow civilians onboard for tours?

Comment

Im going to try and get access to the Russian ship for some pictures, even just on the deck.Is this even possible, do they allow civilians onboard for tours?
              very doubtful comrade

Comment

• I vish to take photos of the wessel.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                  I vish to take photos of the wessel.
                  Yes captain ....... says ensign Chekov ........

Last edited by Orion; 12 June 2009, 23:33.

Comment

• Originally posted by Orion View Post
                    Yes captain ....... says ensign Chekov ........

onyerbackyabitch is his sister

Comment

• Argi tall ship 'libertad' back in dublin tomorow - south city quays foks for those with cameras nice looking ship

Comment

• Hi guys.The excercise the Severomorsk is taking part in lasts until the 26th of june and she is to visit Cherbourg and then Dublin, but i cant seem to find out when exactly she is to dock in Dublin, i have been checking Dublinport's website but they have removed the naval ship option from the drop down section where you select the kind of vessel you are looking for so im unsure when she is in and the problem is i have to arrange someone to cover my shift at work so i can go have a look at her.Anyone know?

Comment

Hi guys.The excercise the Severomorsk is taking part in lasts until the 26th of june and she is to visit Cherbourg and then Dublin, but i cant seem to find out when exactly she is to dock in Dublin, i have been checking Dublinport's website but they have removed the naval ship option from the drop down section where you select the kind of vessel you are looking for so im unsure when she is in and the problem is i have to arrange someone to cover my shift at work so i can go have a look at her.Anyone know?
                          Pilatus

That option only appears when there is a Naval Ship scheduled to dock etc hence it appearing to dissappear.

Comment

• Oh right, thanks Boomer.

Comment

Hi guys.The excercise the Severomorsk is taking part in lasts until the 26th of june and she is to visit Cherbourg and then Dublin, but i cant seem to find out when exactly she is to dock in Dublin, i have been checking Dublinport's website but they have removed the naval ship option from the drop down section where you select the kind of vessel you are looking for so im unsure when she is in and the problem is i have to arrange someone to cover my shift at work so i can go have a look at her.Anyone know?
                              From the SeaWaves site..... TBA Jun 09 RFS Severomorsk 619 Cherbourg
                              TBA Jun 09 RFS Severomorsk 619 Dublin

Comment

• Thanks Hornet!I'll keep an eye on that website!

Comment

Working...
                                X