Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were you in the NS back in the days......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=moggy;158646]
    Originally posted by Test Pilot View Post

thats smithey alright - went into computer in dublin for a while haven't seen him in years
    he was a mech on eithne - i think the person that is submitting these is "badger "the official camera man for this trip???
    Nope! Shall I send you a pic of him! He was the video man on that states trip! I got to keep all the roll's of film for the stills shots.

Comment

[quote=Test Pilot;158656][quote=moggy;158646]

In the 'famous five pic', which guy lost his teeth one night while 'gawking' over the side? If you wish to guess the answer, please send €50 a guess to me! Thanks in advance!

Comment

[QUOTE=Test Pilot;158661][quote=Test Pilot;158656]
        Originally posted by moggy View Post

In the 'famous five pic', which guy lost his teeth one night while 'gawking' over the side? If you wish to guess the answer, please send €50 a guess to me! Thanks in advance!
        The guy in the middle was a steward from dublin on the trip
        Iwould say the seaman now a p/o( no name given)
        lost his choppers??

ps who is the flight officer on that picture is it "pod"

Comment

[quote=moggy;158725][quote=Test Pilot;158661]
          Originally posted by Test Pilot View Post

The guy in the middle was a steward from dublin on the trip
          Iwould say the seaman now a p/o( no name given)
          lost his choppers??

ps who is the flight officer on that picture is it "pod"
          Gimmie the money!
          No it was not that chap!

Sorry, no I don't think this one is pod! It's anothr guy who is now a captain of one of the ships - can't remember his name at the moment.
          Last edited by Test Pilot; 14 April 2007, 12:16.

Comment

FDO is Martin Counihan I think he is in the College now

Comment

Originally posted by ocean View Post
              Ocean, you are spot on ! thats him.

Comment

ocean you are right now that i think of it -it was Eugene Clonin who joined the coast guard

Comment

Originally posted by ocean View Post
                  He's SONSR.

Comment

Lads, Lads, go easy on the namedropping. Some of those guys are trying to convince their wives that they are away at sea all the time...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• The Video guy on the States trip was a a PO / Sig from the Base , Terry ?< also known as a passanger > whatever happened to all the video footage or was the camera empty ,I remember the crew returning from liberty in New York by ferry boat while an official reception was just winding up onboard Eithne which was very humerous and he was filming the crew arriving onboard to the amusement of the guests .
                      Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

• Originally posted by Laners View Post
                        The Video guy on the States trip was a a PO / Sig from the Base , Terry ?< also known as a passanger > whatever happened to all the video footage or was the camera empty ,I remember the crew returning from liberty in New York by ferry boat while an official reception was just winding up onboard Eithne which was very humerous and he was filming the crew arriving onboard to the amusement of the guests .
                        Hi Laners,

Hi Laners! I remember a young cook (one of your lot) missed the last launch back from the pier in Manhattan in the early hours of the morning. While he was sitting on a bollard in uniform, a US admiral and his party arrived to depart to their ship, which was an aircraft carrier. The Admiral stopped and very kindly asked the cook what ship he was from and had he missed the last launch. He replied that he had, so the Admiral offered him a lift back to the Eithne as it was on their way.

As protocol dictates, a vessel wishing to come along side another naval ship would call the intended ship before hand. Permission was sought and granted for the Admirals Barge to come along side. However, there was a scurry in the ward room when they heard that an admiral of the US fleet was intending to come aboard, and a piping party was quickly arranged. Officers rushed for the appropriate uniform, and one was heard to say:’ should we wear swords or not’ The welcoming party fell in on the port side and came to attention and began the cermony as the cook stepped on board. The admirals barge disappeared in to the night as a rather 'sheepish' cook headed off to his mess!

I’m all for showing respect to people!

Yes the pic does prove we were in New York!
                        Last edited by Test Pilot; 27 May 2007, 12:26.

Comment

• he was not on his own - bullet head ended up on one of the carriers or a mjor ship also came back on same launch with famous cook ha ha

Comment

• That it is pretty much as it happened , although I seem to remember we where all fell in on the flight deck for divisions in the morning when the Admirals barge came along side with a certain skinny red headed cook in the barge having a coffee and a doughnut with the Admiral .
                            Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

• I wasn't there but that was Aggie alright.....the Cook boxer from Dundalk or some where like that...recognises Frankie the mech fom midelton..and fat fitzy the seaman who was also very adept with a camera.

On the focsle...I know the seaman..the officer I can put a name too...but is that Matty the left of centre medic?
                              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• that is an amazing story

i bet you lads laughed all the way home

was there any come back / retribution for it
                                Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                                Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                                The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                                The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                                The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                                Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Working...
                                X