Assessments 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Infy View Post
    chokers? get off your high horse, platoon attack for the vip's was carried out then coy attack, brew had and then back in. Would have been done earlier if B Coy didn't take so long to cross the start line. Not going to start a debate or slagging match, the reports coming back will speak for themselves. From what I have seen and heard, A Coy were better overall in my opinion. if you think B were fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Now where are the spoons?
    Fair enough we will all respect the right to have different views. The spoons were found in the rdfta billet by the camp staff. Yuri Geller must have been in A8 or something. It was enjoyable enough as they went.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
      What is wrong with the Glen??

Can Kilworth accommodate a bn minus ?
      It's been accomodating Brigades for years, Bn Minus wouldnt be an issue.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
        It's been accomodating Brigades for years, Bn Minus wouldnt be an issue.
        If its the place in North Corkistan the dining complex would be far to small.

Comment

During or before the week?
          Before

There should only be a need for it on 2/3 days, the days of only carrying 1 litre are long gone
          ??
          On the day we set up patrol harbour H20 resupply was supposedly at 1900, I'd drank 3 of my 4 liters by whatever time we broke camp.

Day walking around the curragh the water and food resupply was 1 shitty roll, 1 banana and one apple. To drink there was ****ing MILK.

I drank 3 liters on the final day, how much do you expect us to carry to make up for incompetence and cluster****ery by the RDFTA ninjas?

If you're told there will be a resupply you're hardly going to bring a gallon of water.

That's what personal admin time is for
          There wasn't any, your drawing conclusions again on hearsay.

I wasn't there but I'd say I know what your talking about.
          So why did you need to say this;

Some units were completely unprepared in terms of basic pool issue kit and recruit level training
          ?

If you weren't there how can you possibly make conclusions like that?
          Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Just in now. Enjoyed it and was very happy overall with the pln performance over the week. We learned loads and were fcucking raging to be pulled in off the ground at the eleventh hour. That shit with the spoons was some nonsense. We were delayed 30 mins because of it. Wesht is still the besht.
            I knew a simple soldier boy.....
            Who grinned at life in empty joy,
            Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
            And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
            With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
            He put a bullet through his brain.
            And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
            Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
            Sneak home and pray you'll never know
            The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
              Before

On the day we set up patrol harbour H20 resupply was supposedly at 1900, I'd drank 3 of my 4 liters by whatever time we broke camp.

Day walking around the curragh the water and food resupply was 1 shitty roll, 1 banana and one apple. To drink there was ****ing MILK.

I drank 3 liters on the final day, how much do you expect us to carry to make up for incompetence and cluster****ery by the RDFTA ninjas?

If you're told there will be a resupply you're hardly going to bring a gallon of water.

This was the biggest fcuk up of the week for me. No water, the dryest roll in existence, a banana for me. You were lucky to get a sup of milk. 3 minutes to horse that into you and then A Coy went on to do another drill for a few hours. The only reason anyone got any water after the end of that second trg ex was because a certain coy from the west was switched on and had some water jerrycans and brought them out for all the troops.

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                Surely water resupply was the responsibility of the Coys CQ, and the lack of it was down to him not doing his job?
                AFAIK there was a water bowser sent to the curragh by the rdfta (I could well be wrong on who sent it though) and I thought I saw it drive in but saw no sign of it on the ground.

Comment

Got back at 7pm, spent roughly 5 hours in various types of transport to get home, joys of it!

There was water for us in the curragh that time??? I remember when we got back from our route march after the trucks (GO ON THE SOUTHHHH!!!!!!) there were 2 platoons? (could have been more there I dunno cudn't see) there already and all we had were some rolls and fruit, no hot meal, was sickened thinking hotlocks would be there!!! Most didn't bother with the milk just stayed with the water they carried out on the ground that morning.

Overall I really enjoyed the training, it was tough but fair at the end of the day, you were given a chance to justify yourself in your reasoning and it was good to get feedback from your own troops (apparently they don't like wading through water) rather than just being told what you did wrong.

Comment

Good to see one unit stayed on the ground both nights of the assessment, the weather was bad ass.

Comment

Originally posted by colonel decker View Post
                      full overseas units use and brigade ex use it we stager meal times..

Comment

did a company attack in kilworth a few years ago, plenty of room in the place. Regarding water re-sup, it is up to the individual soldier to carry enough water to keep them going. Just because you are told it will be there at a certain time doesn't mean it will be, only an exercise but think of the reality, what if your re-supply was hit up and unable to get to you? How someone can drink 3 litres of water in 5/6hrs when all we did was move to a harbour area is beyond me, 2 litres generally would keep me going for a day with spare 2 litres with me at all times. It's not africa we were in. Not sure on the distance your Coy moved but wouldn't have been more than a few km.

Anyways onwards and upwards.

Comment

Originally posted by colonel decker View Post
                          Dining "complex" is only for barrack rats...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

3-4 Litres carried would be the norm.2 Litres in Camelbak and 1-2 in Bottles.NCOTW SOP is 4 Litres.
                            Resup should be on demand through Pln sgt back to CS and then to CQ. If a Pln was looking for to many Resups the Pln Sgt would get a kick up the ass from the CS as he has to to Resup ALL Locations in the Coy but the Pln would still get it's water.
                            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                              3-4 Litres carried would be the norm.2 Litres in Camelbak and 1-2 in Bottles.NCOTW SOP is 4 Litres.
                              Resup should be on demand through Pln sgt back to CS and then to CQ. If a Pln was looking for to many Resups the Pln Sgt would get a kick up the ass from the CS as he has to to Resup ALL Locations in the Coy but the Pln would still get it's water.
                              Look,the East in camp Hq sent out Rashers driving the fastest water bowzer in the world he went to the resup points the rdfta ningidiots gave over and over again but they kept changing the plan...hence no resup both in Curragh and in Glen...
                              Not cs or cq problem.

Comment

I heard one or two saying "sure it's not enjoyable when it's raining" as good reasoning for pulling troops off the ground. Last time I checked I was in the military and not the boy scouts. I know there are health and safety concerns but if you can't prepare for a bit of getting wet without crawling to the nearest medic you need to reconsider why you joined.

Comment

Working...
                                X