Another being a former FCA officer.
    I hope the two retired ossifers are the two in the middle

Comment

Originally posted by BANDIT View Post
      I hope the two retired ossifers are the two in the middle
      Former PDF officer on right

Comment

who ate all the pies!
        "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
        "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
          who ate all the pies!
          and the spuds.

Comment

Let he who is without belly cast the first stone. I suggest that the problem lies with the small body armour.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

What were they doing that they required body armour?

Comment

observing a session of LFTT I believe?
                "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Meeting their constituents!
                  'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                  'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                  Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                  He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                  http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
                    Meeting their constituents!
                    In fairness the Glen is probably in Billy Timmons constituency

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                      ...I suggest that the problem lies with the small body armour.
                      who was it bought for - 1st Bn The Borrowers Regiment?

Comment

Lads is there really a need to be taking the piss out of the 4 politicians who decided to visit the MRE?

At least they're taking an interest in what the DF are doing. Which is far more than can be said for most people in this country, never mind politicians.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
                          What impresses you so much about the Minister? By the Minister cutting troops in Lebanon by 200 in the next few months or by him not even offering troops to EU NAVFOR despite a formal request from the then Force Commander? The UN has also made requests to Ireland for a training team for UNMAS in South Sudan last year and for troops to UNDOF but still nothing.

If the Minister is as you say so interested in Defence, now many Dail debates on Defence has he shown up too?

You said it yourself a few weeks ago, lads are struggling to get an overseas trip in order to fulfil their contracts.
                          In the next few weeks there should be a UNSCR forming a UN peacekeeping force in Mali. The UN will of course request an Irish contingent but do you honestly think any more than a handful of troops will be offered? I've no doubt the Army will push hard to get a Battalion over.
                          Any Minister who believes we should be doing more than going back to the Leb for the billionth time, is doing something right in my books.

Comment

Originally posted by Fridge Magnet View Post
                            Any Minister who believes we should be doing more than going back to the Leb for the billionth time, is doing something right in my books.
                            Even if it means go troop missions overseas?

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                              Even if it means go troop missions overseas?
                              What?

Use your words Dev.

Comment

Originally posted by Fridge Magnet View Post
                                Lads is there really a need to be taking the piss out of the 4 politicians who decided to visit the MRE?

At least they're taking an interest in what the DF are doing. Which is far more than can be said for most people in this country, never mind politicians.
                                "Taking an interest" doesn't bar them from slagging because a) they're politicians and b) cake fiends.
                                Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X