No announcement yet.

Restoration of RDF pay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sounds completely stupid, but i always assumed that we got the same basic pay... FS
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
      This sounds completely stupid, but i always assumed that we got the same basic pay... FS
      Nope

I don't see this as something that'll get fixed seeing as the 10% cut is still there but I'd be interested to hear the reason there is such a difference.

(just a note on my calcs above that they are all on point one of PDF scale and do NOT include MSA)

Comment

Few things:
        Make sure your going by line pay only, no allowances
        Make sure your going by a 7 day week (if you only did eg Mon-Fri you are paid 5/7th of a PDF week)
        There are different pay scales depending on when you joined

I’ll see if I can get some info

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
          Lowest point on the scale for rank (you need to do 365 Mandays in a rank to move up an increment for that rank)

Since 2011 I think it was, RDF pay has been 10% less - think it was in the LRA

The only rank that is different is a RDF 2/Lt is paid the same as a RDF Lt

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
            Few things:
            Make sure your going by line pay only, no allowances
            Make sure your going by a 7 day week (if you only did eg Mon-Fri you are paid 5/7th of a PDF week)
            There are different pay scales depending on when you joined

I’ll see if I can get some info
            - I've calculated line pay only. No allowances. All detail available online.
            - I've made my calculation based on 14 days FTT. 7 days (or half the final gross amount) matched exactly the weekly pay per military.ie (which is definitely not 90% of current post 2013 joining PDF pay).
            - Joined post 2011 and post 2013 for that matter so I'm on newer lower payscales (which seem to include some higher allowances to balance things out by stealth. Most of these only receivable by PDF of course).

Comment

Also, could a mod possibly move the 2018 posts plus into a new thread? Not really about recruit training any more.

Comment

ERROR 4.0.4Something  Went Wrong The page you are looking for was moved, removed, renamed or might never existed. Please Click on Home below to return to the main menu. HOME

ERROR 4.0.4Something  Went Wrong The page you are looking for was moved, removed, renamed or might never existed. Please Click on Home below to return to the main menu. HOME

"Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                  http://pdforra.ie/news/?p=1286

http://pdforra.ie/news/?p=1523
                  Not found to be unconstitutional
                  DoD admitted not in compliance with WTD
                  It is still on the Statute books so the DF remains exempt until legisation to amend the Organisation of Working Time is brought forward, passes all stages in the Oireachtas and is signed by the C in C

Comment

So the real question is when can i call the Pay section to give out and claim the difference?
                    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

For anyone interested, I've received information confirmation on the pay per the DoD. RDF are indeed on a lower scale separate to the PDF. It is not the current PDF scale (either pre or post 2013) less 90%. It's a separate lower scale less 10% The pay section are just operating with the scale they've been given which is fair enough. The pay rates on military.ie are the current rates being paid to RDF.

It's something to be researched by the representative body now. Will be interested to see where it goes.
                      Last edited by Auldsod; 7 November 2018, 14:58.

Comment

I think you are owed several pints for that Auldsod.

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
                          I think you are owed several pints for that Auldsod.
                          If it goes anywhere and there is back pay (which there won't), I'll take all the pints offered :-)

Comment

Are the pay rates in a DFR, AFC etc?

Comment

DOD must change a few regulations all right

Pay rates are defined in S3 which is a regulation
                              Last edited by trellheim; 7 November 2018, 21:58.
                              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

The rates of pay prescribed in paragraph 18 of Defence Force Regulations S.3 in respect
                                of members of the Army Reserve and paragraph 104 of Defence Force Regulations S.3 in respect of
                                members of the Naval Service Reserve for personnel of the Permanent Defence Force shall apply to
                                reservists of corresponding ranks, grades and classes attending at any of the courses of training or
                                R.5
                                instruction or other authorised duties provided for in paragraph 40 of these Regulations or engaged
                                on security duties provided for in paragraph 41.
                                R5 Para 75

I cannot find a recent copy of S3 and there is not a recent one laid in the oireachtas library
                                Last edited by trellheim; 7 November 2018, 22:28.
                                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Working...
                                X