Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recruitment/Promotion Embargo (untill end of 2010!)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's what's happened with our lot, irrespective of medicals. If they weren't sworn in they went home.

Comment

• ok what i have heard so far:
      • recruiting (including inflight) stopped from 27th March and backdated
      • all unit mandays severly(sic) reduced
      • summer camp reduced from 2 to 1 week
      • grat is reduced down to less than half €600 paid last year
      • paid acting ceased
      • promotions ceased
      • max of 2 weeks paid to personnal

anyone got anything else!!!!!
      I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally.

Comment

• ok what i have heard so far:

1.recruiting (including inflight) stopped from 27th March and backdated
        2.all unit mandays severly(sic) reduced
        3.summer camp reduced from 2 to 1 week
        4.grat is reduced down to less than half €600 paid last year
        5.paid acting ceased
        6.promotions ceased
        7.max of 2 weeks paid to personnal
        1. Wrong, see above.
        2. Yes. But no real official documents as yet
        3. NO REPEAT NO, 14 days currently still.
        4. NO.
        5 and 6: NO OFFICAL WORD YET. Everyone is relying on the applicability of the "Public Service" embargo on promotions, although the doc says "PDF" . NO clarification from the DOD has been received yet but RDFRA are making inquiries.
        7: Yes, except in specially authorised circumstances
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• I've got summer camp down to 1 week. 7 day Easter camp still going ahead AFAIK.

Comment

• Lads im starting a course monday (5 days) and was then then planning on doing the 2 week camp later on in the year. Is it a unit is given so many man days and if people dont use them they can be passed to personell who will or is it just 14 days and end of story

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
              Rdf:

Currently : There is no ban on recruitment. (at least, no official directive to attesting officers

there is, however, a cap.
              How is this cap implemented or enforced?

My experience is that the entire hierarchy have different interpretations of the meaning of the "recruit to Jan09 strength" instruction. Can you offer a strong argument that can be presented to counter these interpretations and support continuing recruiting activities?(sending Security Clearances / Medicals / Attestations).

Do you believe that the instruction means that these activities should continue, but that once the RDF is at Jan09 strength, they will start rejecting (or holding) enlistment applications?

(I open this question to anyone who can present an argument based on evidence, not word of mouth)

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                1. Wrong, see above.
                2. Yes. But no real official documents as yet
                3. NO REPEAT NO, 14 days currently still.
                4. NO.
                5 and 6: NO OFFICAL WORD YET. Everyone is relying on the applicability of the "Public Service" embargo on promotions, although the doc says "PDF" . NO clarification from the DOD has been received yet but RDFRA are making inquiries.
                7: Yes, except in specially authorised circumstances
                wanna bet Trellheim!!!!!
                1. Definetely in place (just ask the recruits that were sent home cause their paper work was returned
                3. the apt word there is CURRENTLY. its gone to 1 week pending appeal, and thats 100% (as far as 100% in the DOD goes!!)
                4. if the full amount of €600 is payable upon 2 weeks camp etc, you know theyll renagued on paying out the full amount if camps are cut to 1.
                I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally.

Comment

• Some are Bde directives, some are unit directives (if the strength think on the 1 Jan is correct it will depend on the unit).

Comment

• Unit Effective Strength at 31 Jan 2009 = Cap.

Rollbooks are redone 01/01/09 to start a new book and remove the noneffectives. Add anyone enlisted until 31 Jan, that is your cap, and applies on a sub-unit basis.

I note this is for new clearance requests.

Comment

• I have been informed that recruitment in the East for the RDF has been stopped.

All career cses ARE going ahead in the East - this is from the GOC this morning.

Mandays are still 14 days per member (except for career cses) BUT this is subject to (and expected to) change (downwards).

That's the latest.
                      "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

• from RDFRA.ie

The Government has announced a moratorium on promotions and recruitment to the Public Service, including the Defence Forces, with effect from 27th March 2009. Despite the official Department of Finance press release referring to the Permanent Defence Force only, the Department of Defence has interpreted the instruction as applying to the Reserve Defence Force. This means that no RDF post, however arising, may be filled by recruitment, promotion, or by the payment of an allowance for the performance of duties at a higher rank. Any exceptions to this principle will require the prior sanction of the Minister for Finance.

This instruction supersedes the previous instruction limiting recruitment to the RDF up to the effective strength as at 31 January 2009.

RDFRA is seeking clarification of the following matters affected by the Government decision:

* That potential recruits that have already started the lengthy enlistment process and have taken part in pre-induction training will continue to have their applications processed and be enlisted in due course.
                        * That advancement of recruits and 2 star privates to 2 star and 3 star privates respectively will continue as it is advancement rather than promotion.
                        * Promotion competitions that have been advertised will be completed and the successful candidates be promoted.

RDFRA is opposed to the operation of the moratorium in the Defence Forces as given the voluntary nature of the RDF, the negative impact this action will have on the morale and operational effectiveness of the organisation will by far exceed any financial savings gained.

PRESS RELEASE - Cancelation of Overseas Service for RDF.

The Minister for Defence has announced that arising from the Government Decision on recruitment and promotion in the civil service that it has become necessary to postpone indefinitely the pilot process currently underway to have members of the Reserve Defence Forces serve overseas.

RDFRA is deeply disappointed that those skilled members of the reserve who volunteered for this assignment will not be able to demonstrate their valuable skills and worth to the wider defence community.

However RDFRA wishes to take this postponement as an opportunity to address the many concerns this association had in relation to the welfare and conditions of employment of reservists serving overseas that had not yet been addressed.

RDFRA would also like to point out that had the necessary legislation been drafted and passed in a timely manner, the subsequent moratorium on recruitment and promotion would not have impacted on reservists going overseas

Comment

• Originally posted by concussion View Post
                          We were told that as of 27 March there was to no more recruitment. Can unit still recruit up to their establishment?
                          No - recruiting suspended - full stop - this has superceded the original instruction that
                          you are referring to

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                          I presume upgrading people is considered a promotion?
                          There's mention on the RDFRA site that they are requesting clarification as to whether
                          2* - 3* is upgrading or promotion

Originally posted by Tyler Durden View Post
                          I've got 9 non-sworn in recruits, but they've passed medicals, theres one or two have to repeat the hearing test. Does ths is mean theyre gonna be sent home?
                          Yes, I'm afraid so

Originally posted by sgt View Post
                          ok what i have heard so far:
                          • recruiting (including inflight) stopped from 27th March and backdated
                          • all unit mandays severly(sic) reduced
                          • summer camp reduced from 2 to 1 week
                          • grat is reduced down to less than half €600 paid last year
                          • paid acting ceased
                          • promotions ceased
                          • max of 2 weeks paid to personnal
                          Am presuming that you are referring to Acting during FTT only, as this is the only
                          time that RDF personnel can serve in an Acting Rank

Originally posted by koppiteal View Post
                          Lads im starting a course monday (5 days) and was then then planning on doing the 2 week camp later on in the year. Is it a unit is given so many man days and if people dont use them they can be passed to personell who will or is it just 14 days and end of story
                          14 Days - end of story - is what I' ve been told, and at that, in the same breath, I heard
                          that Annual Training will be capped to SEVEN days, this to ensure that only the lower
                          grat is paid...
                          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Eastern Bde (30 March) => max 14 days (up to 21 days in extreme circumstances with Director's approval)
                            No misc days (ONLY annual training/course)
                            Last edited by DeV; 9 April 2009, 20:14.

Comment

• Originally posted by kermit
                              Including those already in the system - i.e. at least security clearance sent off - but haven't been attested yet ?
                              As I said above, our mob were at this point in the system and were told the news by the
                              Pln Offr on the last Training Parade
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Cadre are not in the chain of command but they are usually the first to read the routine orders and I would take a pdf CQ's word over a rdf Comdt's!
                                :confused: ONCE YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS , THEN YOU CAN WIN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ! :

Comment

Working...
                                X