No announcement yet.

Pilatus PC-12 NG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's one serious looking hump on the runway , our version of the a carrier ski jump !
    Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

• Originally posted by Laners View Post
      That's one serious looking hump on the runway , our version of the a carrier ski jump !
      If we're looking at the same photo that would be a taxiway so not overly important. Apologies if not.

If you want to see a hump our nearest neighbours are expert at including them in runway design. Manchester(23R touchdown zone), Leeds (32 TDZ)and Bristol(09TDZ) being notably heart-stopping examples. In fact, taking off on 23R at Manchester involves seeing only the first one third of the runway. HMS Leeds Bradford is character building whether taking off or landing.

I do admit to unintentionally trying to flatten runway humps during my early days in the right seat. In fact from time to time it still happens, despite my best efforts.

Closer to home, Monsignor Horan has a lot to answer for regarding the downhill trajectory of Knock's westerly landing configuration. The "Knock Special" toasted sandwich available to order for flight crew through the control tower on final approach only designed to distract from the buckets of power required to get back up the hill after landing.

In these days of uncertainty for aviation workers you can only hope to get the chance to visit these often maligned locations again.

Comment

• NICE!

Love the door emblem.
        For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• I lost track of the number of times he said "eh".
          Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

• https://twitter.com/IrishAirCorps/st...813872128?s=19

Photos on AC twitter of the ceremony.

On separate note, how do I get the above twitter post to display the same way as na grohmiti's post above me?

Comment

• Originally posted by pilatus View Post
              https://twitter.com/IrishAirCorps/st...813872128?s=19

Photos on AC twitter of the ceremony.

On separate note, how do I get the above twitter post to display the same way as na grohmiti's post above me?
              There is a drop down arrow to the right of the tweet (when viewed on PC) it gives you an option to embed the tweet. When you click it you are directed to another page with embed tags (< and >) copy and paste the full link in to your post and it appears as above.
              Much easier for those reading this site on a phone to follow (particularly if they are not on twitter).

Comment

I lost track of the number of times he said "eh".
                I just wonder if we even did by accident get a couple of Gripens how the speech would go??

Er, uhm, I am glad er, to see the arrival of er, our new JAS39s, er the Gripen er, is er, our new multi-role aircraft, it er, replaces er, the Seafire retired er, in 1955. its er,, super cruise ability means that er, patient transfers will be er faster, it has a radar that can be er, used for maritime patrol and er, the two seater version replaces the er, Learjet in the er, MATS role.

Comment

• Love how the walkthru went to the stretcher fitout variant, and not the sneaky beaky one.

Comment

• Some more photos taken in recent days. No roundel?

282 PC-12NG Irish Air Corps

Last edited by na grohmiti; 16 September 2020, 18:28.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post
                      Love how the walkthru went to the stretcher fitout variant, and not the sneaky beaky one.
                      Yeah, and he mentioned surveillance almost as an afterthought. Really playing it down.

I wonder would they look to subdued Roundels and fin flash at a later stage?
                      Having a roundel with a big white bit negates the sneakyness a bit. Could do the orange and green roundel as well, I think they used to have one on the Lysanders back in "th'mergency".
                      Last edited by Herald; 16 September 2020, 20:21.

Comment

I lost track of the number of times he said "eh".
                        I see what you mean, he may not be super comfortable in front of the cameras but in his defence he may be super competent at every other aspect of doing his job

Not everyone likes being centre stage

Comment

• Originally posted by Orion View Post
                          I see what you mean, he may not be super comfortable in front of the cameras but in his defence he may be super competent at every other aspect of doing his job

Not everyone likes being centre stage
                          How many times does RTE rock up to interview the Air Corps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparky42 View Post
                            When did Cranfield Retire?

Comment

• Originally posted by Herald View Post
                              Yeah, and he mentioned surveillance almost as an afterthought. Really playing it down.

I wonder would they look to subdued Roundels and fin flash at a later stage?
                              Having a roundel with a big white bit negates the sneakyness a bit. Could do the orange and green roundel as well, I think they used to have one on the Lysanders back in "th'mergency".

Like this one? Originally there was a white square though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparky42 View Post
                                What's more scary, RTE with its audience in Ireland and Norn Irn and a few dozen in Wales or the global reach of today's social media (and the gobshite trolls that feeds) ?

Just a different perspective .......
                                Last edited by Orion; 16 September 2020, 22:24.

Comment

Working...
                                X