rank, appointments, stuff....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ancientmariner View Post
    More stuff. Our side sank a derelict two masted motor sailer off the ssw coast recently. Any forensics? Or just Davy Jones? Name? Where built? Any Docs. on board. Where from. Interpol. Any History?
    Think ur asking the obvious..... which won't be answered here

Comment

Comment

Am I missing something? Table bears no connection to foi request.
        For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
          Am I missing something? Table bears no connection to foi request.
          I was thinking the same thing

Comment

It was more the info contained in the table I was interested in

As at 30/6/16, the NS was critically short of Lts, S/Lts, POs and LSs

Comment

Disinformation

Originally posted by DeV View Post
              It was more the info contained in the table I was interested in

As at 30/6/16, the NS was critically short of Lts, S/Lts, POs and LSs
              It's a pity that unvarnished truth is always scarce but in any event the vacancies from WO down to L/S must be given an accumulated figure and added to any vacancies in the overall A/B rates. You cannot be down over 70 NCO's and claim NO vacancies in junior seaman of various Branches. If you declare that you are short 46 L/S then you can ONLY find them in your NON NCO strengths subject to training. It is the same maths for commissioned ranks which relies in strengths within Cadet, Ensign, and Sub-Lieutenants, to eventually fill vacancies on promotion. In other words Recruit and Train.

Comment

It's a pity that unvarnished truth is always scarce but in any event the vacancies from WO down to L/S must be given an accumulated figure and added to any vacancies in the overall A/B rates. You cannot be down over 70 NCO's and claim NO vacancies in junior seaman of various Branches. If you declare that you are short 46 L/S then you can ONLY find them in your NON NCO strengths subject to training. It is the same maths for commissioned ranks which relies in strengths within Cadet, Ensign, and Sub-Lieutenants, to eventually fill vacancies on promotion. In other words Recruit and Train.
                Absolutely

Comment

Further Retirements

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                  Absolutely
                  We are going to have up to three depletion's in Senior Officer ranks imminently. All in Haulbowline. I wish them well in their retirement, and their replacements a bright industrious future taking the Navy forward.

Comment

Interesting times ahead. The age profile at the upper three levels has dropped by 10-15 years in one go.
                    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                      Interesting times ahead. The age profile at the upper three levels has dropped by 10-15 years in one go.
                      Always interesting to see what will happen next and to figure reasoning and expectations of those promoting and being promoted. The only inevitability is that all will eventually enter the uncertainty of shifting PENSION zones. The current long term pensioner scene is crushing with costs of all non-food services increasing, against a diminished pension ( FEMPI) overlaid with additional taxes, and no basic pension increase in the last 10 years.
                      The PDF pension generally has to support, eventually, two elderly people, who had their medical cards removed at an increased cost of 1728 Euro, plus on going excesses payable on Hospital charges. Times seem to be more challenging for some.

Comment

Not forgetting of course there are direct entry S/Lt’s and LSs

Comment

Actually, back on topic about rank - did the SCPO rank insignia change sometime back in about 2012?

I remember just before I left the NS overhearing a discussion new rank insignia for a senior enlisted rank. Have the stripes been replaced with a Warrant Officer style insignia or are they both in use?

The rank table available on military.ie hasn't been updated anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Auldsod View Post
                            Actually, back on topic about rank - did the SCPO rank insignia change sometime back in about 2012?

I remember just before I left the NS overhearing a discussion new rank insignia for a senior enlisted rank. Have the stripes been replaced with a Warrant Officer style insignia or are they both in use?

The rank table available on military.ie hasn't been updated anyway!
                            Yes they have changed as you described but I do not know when

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasia View Post
                              Yes they have changed as you described but I do not know when
                              In the last few years I've noticed the emergence of what I would call WO1 and WO2 in the NS. The former has two thin sleeve rings with gold wired FF badge and the latter has one sleeve ring with FF badge.

Comment

I think it started in around 2015 but I am open to correction

Comment

Working...
                                X