Effective camouflage..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry cal humour seems to be in short supply these days
    :confused: ONCE YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS , THEN YOU CAN WIN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ! :

Comment

Hi all.
      Very interesting comments offered here.Personally, I believe that one soon becomes coated with enough dirt and dust, especially in the urban environment,to make the base colour of your uniform ineffective as camouflage. It doesn't take long to make a pristine uniform look like a wino's..as for aircraft colours, the PC-9s are bloody hard to spot in any kind of haze.You can hear them for miles but they are very hard to spot.
      regards
      GttC

Comment

Acu

The ACU Pattern is officially called ARPAT (Army Pattern) as opposed to MARPAT (Marine pattern, etc). We got issued them before our last trip and got mixed reviews. They are comfy enough to wear although we went through them faster than the old DCU's. Many of our lads out in the desert switched back to the DCU's as they felt the DCU blended in better. In the Afghan desert, the ACU sometimes got a weird blue hue to it. (I'll try and dig up pictures). A lad I was talking to who just returned from the Phillipines said they went back to woodland BDU's in the jungle as the ACU seemed to light coloured to them.

I understand it's a compromise uniform (woods, desert, urban) which means it'll be "OK" in every environment but not perfect. I think the Maries have the right idea with greens and dessie's.

On a completely unrelated note, I may be in Dublin in Feb, so if that happens, I'll post it up here and be willing to meet and trade off badges, etc if any one's interested.

Cheers,

A

Comment

Originally posted by irishrgr View Post
          On a completely unrelated note, I may be in Dublin in Feb, so if that happens, I'll post it up here and be willing to meet and trade off badges, etc if any one's interested.
          Screw badges - people should be giving you beer.
          Meh.

Comment

A
            i think ill have to have a gander so...
            Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

Originally posted by yooklid View Post
              Screw badges - people should be giving you beer.
              GET A ROOM YOU TWO.................
              Irishman serving in Her Majesty's Splendid Armed Forces, seeking fame and fortune and bringing light to the dark places of the World.

Comment

I'll post it up here and be willing to meet and trade off badges, etc if any one's interested.
                I am sure you meant to say

Trade Beer
                Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

I have a badge but I don't think I want to trade it. Its brown and star shaped, but I'll give you a look...................... after beer........OSOK

Comment

Originally posted by super_soldier View Post
                    GET A ROOM YOU TWO.................
                    Methinks the lady doth protest too much...
                    Meh.

Comment

link up

Well I don't know whether to be flattered or scared with the badge discussion.......exactly what kind of place are you running here mods???????? LOL. I'm always up for a few bevvies though......badge trading hmmmmm, now you've got me wondering though!!!!!!! Will keep you posted lads.

On a camoflague note, most of our vehicles were painted tan for the trip. Now we are home, the Army will not paint them green again as it's too expensive and the current paint job is considered "serviceable" as it is only a year old. So now when we train in the woods, we have tan trucks, etc. Only in the Army............

Comment

On a camoflague note, most of our vehicles were painted tan for the trip. Now we are home, the Army will not paint them green again as it's too expensive and the current paint job is considered "serviceable" as it is only a year old. So now when we train in the woods, we have tan trucks, etc. Only in the Army............
                        On the other hand, if the enemy fails to notice a green four ton truck rumbling through the woods, they're probably not going to notice tan ones. Landmines and RCIEDs don't care what coulour the truck is.
                        Take these men and women for your example.
                        Like them, remember that posterity can only
                        be for the free; that freedom is the sure
                        possession of those who have the
                        courage to defend it.
                        Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
                        If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

Working...
                        X