The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Saab View Post
    Speaking of tpt, I heard a rumour that one of the plans being touted is that the current RDF LSB is to be disbanded and the current tpt coys to become tpt platoons of the inf bns. I have no idea if there is any truth but interested to know if anyone else heard such rumours?
    Yup, that rumour is doing the rounds, but as yet, it is just that - rumour
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by SwiftandSure
      I dunno, I reckon we'll still be none the wiser by 01/02/2012.
      RDFRA have said it is nowhere near completion

Comment

• Heres a prediction

there will be a rake of RDF Units wadied this year-

however the Unit with the CO who has the imagination to say fkuc the 81 and stick the Javelin up your arse

I am going to train my lads on how to out engineer the engineers will survive.

The CO should have the imagination, ambition and balls to train his troops in the use of RIBS- Canoes- Rowboats etc

his Unit should be able to build anti flood fortifications at a world beating level,

if his troops know how to use snow ploughs- search for lost kids- and do all the stuff that is needed when there is an emergency

along with the normal weapony type stuff (that will never be used)

then that Unit will survive and maybe even expanded.

There are 6 billion and 12 reasons why this wouldnt work and 3 billion and 2 start with- hasnt been done before

3 billion and 4 start with - we wont be allowed-etc etc

and 3 reasons beginging with my CO is a baldy headed twat of a God botherer whose tac aide says - breathe in- breathe out and blink your eyes.
        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
          and 3 reasons beginging with my CO is a baldy headed twat of a God botherer whose tac aide says - breathe in- breathe out and blink your eyes.
          Oh you have met my CO then

Comment

• And the one reason................

The CD already do that, without weapons which is even more cost effective and we are not allowed to step on their toes!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cryos View Post
              Both the army and GS are accountable for their actions.
              Everyone is accountable for their actions under the law. If a private company used firearms for the business of security they would be no less accountable than a soldier or a Garda.
              "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

• Originally posted by Saab View Post
                And the one reason................

The CD already do that, without weapons which is even more cost effective and we are not allowed to step on their toes!!!!
                Thats not a reason mate- thats an excuse,

where does it say you cant do that.
                Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
                  Oh you have met my CO then
                  Oh good Jeebus....

Having thought about it.....
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Heres a prediction

there will be a rake of RDF Units wadied this year-
                    you won't get great odds on that one!
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Is thereanything ,other than mandays etc,preventing HHs "CO" from having his exemplary unit attend at local floods/forestfires/person searches/large crowd events wearing "Army Reserve" hivis and getting on with ATCA and becoming a regular,reliable and effective player in such matters.

Comment

• Is thereanything ,other than mandays etc,preventing HHs "CO" from having his exemplary unit attend at local floods/forestfires/person searches/large crowd events wearing "Army Reserve" hivis and getting on with ATCA and becoming a regular,reliable and effective player in such matters.
                        A formal request from the local authority or an Garda Siochana.

Quite straight forward and has been requested in the past.
                        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• RDF involvement with anything is no problem, all you need is correct sanction. It is all in regs no problem at all.

I fully take HH's point though, and given the cutbacks there is some avenue for saying that it is ours to specialize.
                          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by danno View Post
                            Is thereanything ,other than mandays etc,preventing HHs "CO" from having his exemplary unit attend at local floods/forestfires/person searches/large crowd events wearing "Army Reserve" hivis and getting on with ATCA and becoming a regular,reliable and effective player in such matters.
                            Originally posted by Seanachie View Post
                            A formal request from the local authority or an Garda Siochana.

Quite straight forward and has been requested in the past.
                            Mandays don't even come into it.

The local authority/local GS needs to know that the resource (the RDF) is actually available to be tapped into (not all Chief Superintendants would have regular contact with the DF).

It is Bde HQ that tasks personnel (including units) / resources, so therefore the request for RDF personnel could see PDF tasked.

I'm undecided on the whole put on hi-vis thing - it is good for the community spirit thing but does it portray a professional organisation?

Comment

• Thanks all for replies.Hi vis good for PR and scene command.Forget about local authority call out,they will prioritise deployment of CD which is a conumdrum as this is a DoD asset.Unless you have a contact in GS unlikely to get a call from them and if going through Batt then everything gets lost in translations.
                              The "CO" may well have to rock up informally and est a credible service.

Comment

• Originally posted by danno View Post
                                Thanks all for replies.Hi vis good for PR and scene command.Forget about local authority call out,they will prioritise deployment of CD which is a conumdrum as this is a DoD asset.Unless you have a contact in GS unlikely to get a call from them and if going through Batt then everything gets lost in translations.
                                The "CO" may well have to rock up informally and est a credible service.
                                in some counties they won't even use cd for major searches

Comment

Working...
                                X